New here

Discussion in 'Work at Home Dads' started by bubbavic, Jan 5, 2009.

1. bubbavic

bubbavic New Member

Hello All,

I'm a newly "promoted" work at home dad. I've been scanning the forum threads for a short while now and I'm impressed with how much people here are helping each other.

So far I'm looking at starting with ProfitLance to begin my work at home career. For some reason PL sticks in my head as a proper place to start. Does anyone have any other suggestions on places to start?

Thanks all!
    Vic

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome Vic.

Yes, Pl is a great place to start but please do not get overwhelmed if you are completely new at all this. PL is a TOOL.

Many people think things like PL is like an employer or something where if they buy it, they will get paid.[​IMG]

It will help you learn the ropes of online marketing. Have fun with it, and don't be afrid to come here and ask questions as you start your journey thru the maze of the internet.[​IMG]

3. bubbavic

bubbavic New Member

Thanks MountainMom,

I'm totally ready to be a sponge and learn the ins and outs. I'm not looking to get rich quick or have it all handed to me on a silver turnkey platter so I think I'm prepared for the experience. I've given myself (generously I think) 3 months to turn a $1 profit so wish me luck!

Coincidentally, I was waffling between PL and WA and I've decided to go with WA. Eventually I'd like to get into the travel realm but I think I'll cut my teeth here first.

=)

Vic

4. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Vic,

Welcome to the forum. There IS a lot to learn, and you probably WILL feel overwhelmed at times. [​IMG]

If you were debating between PL and WA, I think you probably made the right choice going with WA. That's not to say PL is no good. (I don't use either of them [​IMG] ).

The reason I say that is because going by what people have said in the forums over the last year or so, the PL folks seem to struggle a lot more than the WA folks. Perhaps you came to that conclusion, too.

Personally, I found SBI before either of those two, of which I am very grateful. Of course, I'm quite partial to them, now. It's proven itself to me time and again.

I think you will do well if you keep a level head and put in the work. Your goal of $1 in three months may sound stupid to some people, but it is actually very wise.

I did something similar. My goal was $299 in the first year (to recoup my investment in SBI). Of course, I smashed that goal quite easily. As strange as it seems, I think making smaller goals is a better way to go in this industry when you are starting.

It helps to keep you from getting frustrated, discouraged, and quitting. [​IMG]

I wish you all the best of success.

Blessings,
    Angie

5. RyanMis

RyanMis Guest

Dude, good choice. You can also try MOIS

6. Guffin Mopes

Guffin Mopes New Member

There is nothing better to keep yourself motivated than setting a realistic goal. You want to be working hard, but not allowing yourself to be discouraged by completely absurd expectations.

Bravo.

7. mch168

mch168 New Member

Hello, I am new to this work from home stuff. I really need to make some money, I can't seem to find a job anywhere. I don't expect to become a millionaire, just want to pay the bills. I have seen a lot on The Profit Lance system by I am a little scared of being overwhelmed and getting lost in the links that I think I am going to be hit with while learning.

I have seen people also talk about WA and MOIS. What are these? I would appreciate any direction someone can give me. I feel this is my last shot at trying to make money and don't want to fail.

Thanks for any help.

8. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi mch168,

I haven't used any of the three programs you referred to, but it's probably going to seem a little overwhelming no matter which training program you go with.

What I found that helped me when I was getting started was reading through Ken Evoy's free Affiliate Masters Course. It is laid out in a very logical step by step method that really cut through some of the confusion for me. You can download it and a few other free ebooks from my site if you'd like to read it. At the very least, it should give you a huge headstart.

Realize that these programs are not going to bring you in quick steady income like a job would. It's a matter of learning a process and then implementing it step by step to gradually build up an online business.

If you need to make money quickly, you may need to look into some freelance work at elance.com, getafreelancer.com, Mechanical Turk, etc. There's a number of different sites that cater to that type of thing. It's more like a regular job in that you are just doing the work (writing articles, etc.) for other people rather than creating your own long term business.

You could probably do both if necessary, but it may add to your confusion. [​IMG]

I wish you the very best.
    Angie

9. mch168

mch168 New Member

Thanks Angie,

I really appreciate your advice. I hope I can contact you as maybe a mentor to me to understand this stuff. I would like to be able to bounce some things off you as I face them. Let me know.

Thanks again

Mike

10. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Sure Mike, feel free to contact me if you think I can help. You can send me a private message by clicking on the envelope next to my name on the left.

All the best,
    Angie

11. RAh

RAh New Member

Depending on your budget, I would highly recommend MMM. It is more costly than PL & WA however when I look back at what I learned in PL & WA....MMM deliverance is so much quicker!

By that I mean; earything is video training (actually they added some text this month because people were requesting it) which makes it much easier on my eyes; it shows you what, where & how to market products. MMM takes you through every step of the process and other programs tend to give you just enough so you feel like you're making progress but not enough that you'll actually not need them no more and move on.

Mack lets it all out...no holding back any...it pretty much like a watching over his shoulder as he builds his +$2mill internet business in just over 9 months. Now I'm not saying that is the results we should all expect to make because frankly...some people just don't have the mentality to believe that is possible...but the training is truly exciting and fun!

What I like about it also is that Mack keeps it real...he encourages us to get up get out and market in the public...nothing like grindin it out at a job for 8+ hours but he understands that we should not (it's not healthy) be sitting in front of a computer the whole time...he introduces fun ways to market offline but still build online residual...

I guess it's he personality that is enjoyable & the integrity & passion he exudes...if you'd like more info on MMM...let me know and I'll point you in the right direction...even mastermind with you...in fact...I'm starting a 30 day mental cleanse...who'd like to participate???

[Post edited - Admin]

12. bdkfreedom

bdkfreedom New Member

Hey vic, Im gonna have to agree with rah on this one somewhat! MMM is a great club full of video skillset training videos that walk you through step by step of how to go about affiliate marketing. The only note i disagree on is that Mack didn't earn his 2. whatever million frankly in one year. Yes he has been doing this for mearly 10 years, yet 08 was his best year yet which is truly astonishing!

I too tried PL and learned many things but was very difficult to apply many of his lessons. He told you what to do but not exactly how to do it. This was very confusing and time consuming when trying to learn all about affiliate marketing.

13. RAh

RAh New Member

Yes that is correct! Did not mean to mislead anyone with making the statement that he generate over $2 mill in 9 months. He paid his dues. What I was meaning to say is that as individuals we can learn through others experiences! That is what the wise do; so why not plugin and be mentored by someone who I believe is really giving himself to see other succeed! Step by step action plan vs "this is what you need to do now go do it".

Of course you need to add your our passion and creativity but the fundamental steps have been laid for you!

14. Newb

Newb New Member

I am also new here. Anyone heard or know if affiliate-programs-rocks work?

15. Seth

Seth New Member

Welcome to the forum VIC and Newb [​IMG]

16. jeffathome

jeffathome New Member

Welcome Vic and newb. Keep looking around this forum. You will find tons of info and some very helpful people.

17. jackzz

jackzz New Member

Hello guys..

nice to see you all..
    [​IMG]

Seems that all newbies gathering here
    [​IMG]

18. freebie0007

freebie0007 New Member

I am also a newbie want to earn some money.. let me know some easy way
    thanks