New here

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by eoconnor, Aug 2, 2012.

1. eoconnor

eoconnor New Member

Hi ... I am new to this and was wondering if I could get some advice on things I could do on line to make money. I am unemployed and have been for last 5 months, so I am looking and low or no cost avenues.
    I recently got into Project Payday by doing an offer (Bought a pair shoes for wife which quailfied me for the program ... I got in and wife gets new pair shoe ... win / win ... i hope.) So back to why I am here, looking for advice how to start generating money with little cost other than time!
    Thanks for reading and hope to hear some replys !
  2. Laura Burke

Laura Burke New Member

Affiliate marketing is pretty low cost to get into, but it's not fast money. If you're willing to put in some time, it can be an excellent source of extra (or even full-time) income.

Oh, and welcome! :)
    payment proof likes this.
  3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I agree with Laura. Affiliate marketing can be a great earnings opportunity.

I've been making money online for over 6 years with sites that are both free to join and offer free ways to make money. It's been a great niche for me.
  4. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Yea affiliate marketing you can start making money now with no cost. Go to clickbank set up a account and then go to blogger to set up a blog. Do a review of the Item that you want to promote and then send traffic to your blog. Set a goal to send 100 people a day to your blog. and by the end of the week you should be making money!
  5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

As you can see there are a variety of ways to work online without spending a lot of money. But it WILL take time. If you are willing and motivated to take some time to learn about affiliate marketing, it is a great way to make extra money online... just don't expect it all to happen overnight!

Welcome to the forum. :)
  6. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Affiliate programs is the way to go but you need to work with the right ones. You just can not work with programs that pay you a one time commissions. You also need to work with a program that let's you earn money from the efforts of other people. I personally do not recommend clickbank products because you will not get to do both things that can make or break your chances of real income online.

There are programs like network marketing online which you can get into and never have to sell anything to anyone yourself or contact anyone. There are systems online that do all the selling and closing for you. This is the beauty of the internet.

You just have one job and that is to bring in as many interested prospect through the door, (opt in pages that the company provides) and then do it on a consistent basis. They do all the selling and closing for you with you ever having to talk to them.
  7. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Everyone else has already mentioned affiliate marketing, so I won't bother reiterating that one. ;) Other options that may help you get started making a little cash (so that you can perhaps invest in a proper online business building program like SBI) are the following...

1. Check out fiverr.com and see if you can come up with something to offer to do for $5. Keep it easy enough that it is worth your while, of course.

2. See what you have in the garage, attic, closets, etc., that you could sell on ebay or craigslist.

3. Browse through the listings on odesk.com and see if you may be able to write some articles, etc., for other people to make some money until you can write for yourself.

4. Are you any good at photography? If you've got a digital camera, you can take photos and upload them for sale on sites like dreamstime.com, or other stock photography sites. In fact, I just read a good post by Jimmy (Just2EZ) on using your photos to sell products at cafe press. No out of pocket money needed!

Hope these additional ideas will provide you with a stepping stone to getting started.
    Blessings,
    Angie
    mountainmom5 likes this.
  8. Joey Xoto

Joey Xoto New Member

Hey there mate.

If you are creating a legitimate business online you need to make a few tiny investments that probably won't break the bank. You will meed a website & hosting which will cost you very little. Then you can simply use affiliate products to sell on your Blog.

I will say this; you are better off investing into some kind of product/guide to get you going. There are some resources online where you can get comprehensive guides on affiliate marketing for free - very low cost. Just Google that.

Just remember that making money online is a time consuming thing. Making money fast isn't a good idea; making money forever is a better idea. Just put the time and effort in to get a proper foundation to your business online, and you will see much better results than trying to make a little money over a few days.

Affiliate marketing is great, but if done with other protocols in place (like list building), you can make so much more money; this is time consuming, but if done correctly will get you a lot more sustainable results.

Hope that gives you a little guidance.

Joey Xoto
  9. SharrsHomeBiz

SharrsHomeBiz New Member

I agree with everyone! Affiliate marketing is low cost and offers a great income. Put some time and effort into it and it will pay. Just be careful and do some research before you jump into anything. Figure out what will work for you. Good luck.

Sharron
  10. In addition, a number of companies hire people to work from home. They do not charge fees because they hire you as either an employee or as a freelancer. It's a great way to get started while you are building your work from home business venture.

Alpine Access is one of my favorites, as they are a solid company and hire from within fairly quickly, if you proactively show promise.
  11. KB24

KB24 Member

If you are looking to generate money provide a service.. Can you write well? If so offer writing services.. building sites? Like everyone has said here affiliate maeketing is the way to go. Its low cost but it wont be easy. Treat this like a real buisiness because thats what it actually is a business.
  12. mbasa

mbasa Member

Did you find anything yet?
  13. eoconnor

eoconnor New Member

Not yet did jion SFI but it will takr awhile to see any return on it... Really need to find something soon that makes money as I am unemployed with no health insurnace and found out just last week I have lung cancer. Hope i find something soon!
  14. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

Making money on the Internet is a great idea, but it's not as easy as setting up a website and bam! You're making money, targeted traffic is what it takes to make money and that means getting people to go there and buy something. Clickbank is a great place to start, but getting paid takes time. Train to make money, go somewhere to get trained that will be there when you have a question. To make money you need resources, lots of resources. Then it takes work and determination. Writing articles and blogs will generate some traffic but it takes much more than that to make sales and sales are why we do it.
  15. Amazon.com is seeking work at home part-timers as customer service reps. I am not sure if I can post a link here, regarding it, but if someone with some experience lets me know, I will provide the link in my next post.

I never receive notices that anyone has posted anything new in this forum, so I'll check back soon. :)
  16. yahia

yahia Member

Can you distribute flyers somewhere eoconnor? If so go to clickbank.com marketplace and find a product that appeals to the general publick like a weight loss one. Contact the owners for a flyer design (or make one if you can, or hire someone on fiverr to do it for you for $5), buy a domain name ($10/year) and forward it to your affiliate link of the desired product (sign up as a clickbank affiliate if you don't have an account yet) and include your domain name on the flyer. Use images from the website of the product you are promoting, mainly the site owner (usually they show on the sales video) and a couple of realistic before-after images with testimonials.

Print some (that's another $20 or more) and distribute them in front of any gathering place where you can find a lot of women ages 30-55, this is the best converting demography for this kind of products.

This is the quickest way I could think of.

For others who might read this later, what I just said above works only as described, don't try it online or with a call center.

Sorry for the bad news, I wish I were close to you so that I could help you hands on.
  17. TJ Reed

TJ Reed New Member

I am also a full time affiliate marketer. For me, this was the fastest and least expensive way to start making money online. It will take some work and it will not get you rich quick, but it can provide you with a substaintial income in a fairly short period of time if you work at it and learn about the industry.

Hope this helps you out! I was also unemployed when I started this career and I know how stressful it can be!!!
  18. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

yahia, I'm sorry to disagree with you, however flyers are the worst advertising media ever invented! I used and tracked flyers extensively and the best response I ever got was 10 out of 1000 on a great weight loss product. When taking into consideration time spent and cost expenditure it just isn't worth it. The Internet is a great investment, for the cost of 1000 flyers every month you can reach millions of people in a global market as opposed to the local market flyers hit.
    My advice is go global, learn to drive traffic and get trained to market. It's not like walking, trail and error in marketing is expensive and can and often will be the difference between success and failure.
    TJ Reed likes this.
  19. yahia

yahia Member

That's 1% response rate. I can tell you it's better than some online sources. It will be more informative if you include your response rate from your source of web traffic.

I am still having hard time imagining how would I reach millions on a $20/month (or even $1000) budget, even at 1 penny per visit!

My results are different from yours when it comes to flyers, perhaps because I target and present differently.
  20. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

By arrangement with this forum I have agreed to say this only once and I will keep that arrangement! Contact me!