New Melaleuca Thread...anyone interested?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by CJConsulting, Nov 5, 2010.

1. MelaTiger

MelaTiger New Member

walkdon: I joined this company a few weeks ago, but am not having any luck in finding referrals. My friends won't reply to emails or phone calls, what am I doing wrong? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Walkdon: Perhaps your approach is wrong. What exactly are you saying? Get with your lead enroller for assistance.

2. leomir

leomir New Member

Guys, I recently joined Melaleuca and they are coming out with really cool products all of the time. I just have trouble enrolling because people are scared off of it, due to past bad experiences with poor teams they were in.. Have any of you had this problem as well because of being part of Melaleuca? It's been around for a long time and I have to say it is the only company after trying different ones out that I would now ever stick with.. I just need to give it time and hope I stumble on those who are more open minded, and who will give my team a chance without basing it on bad past experiences.

Miriam

3. Chris Alexander

Chris Alexander New Member

Hello everyone my name is Chris Alexander and I'm from Chesley, Ontario. I was recently just working as a contract for Honda Canada on there assembly line and my career really was not going any where. Then I had a friend introduce me to Melaleuca I quickly enrolled with the value pack and now have multiple presentations to do each week it is the most fun, and rewarding thing I can say I have done to date. I hope to make director by the end of my first month and I can't be more thankful. I was also amazed at these great products. Happy new year everyone may all are contacts grow.

4. OrganicWealth

OrganicWealth New Member

I had been with Melaleuca as well as a number of other health and wellness MLM's. I found that the sticktoitofness is the toughy. If people get in for products and can't afford them, they leave. Or, if they don't see/feel the value, they leave.

After working with many people who want to make an income, they get in with good intentions then never do anything, they get discouraged and leave.

I have finally, after decades in this industry, found an opportunity, a super reputable company in the media 11 times and about to do it again (no, not Amway - nothing against them tho) that offers a guaranteed $2,000 monthly income. Of course one can do better than that. But, if one wants to just get in for 10 months, that's what you get. Absolutely amazing to me. This is very exciting to me!

5. OrganicWealth

OrganicWealth New Member

Was with Mela for years! They have a lot of rules and regs which is ok, if that's ok for you! I like a business that's a little more internet friendly!

6. MelaTiger

MelaTiger New Member

Some of the readers who happen to stumble upon this thread by chance should carefully consider the opinions of others. There are a ton of people who despise Melaleuca's policies and could not successfully operate a business within the company boundaries. Like any employer out there, there are rules and regulations of how the employer wishes to conduct business. And the employer's primary interest is their own self image.

In this line of profession, every successful company must run a tight ship to survive the fads of money seeking individuals. Melaleuca is not a get rich quick scheme or an MLM. It is a legitimate business who's been around 40+ years and takes the average representative more than a year to have an income close or equal to their regular job. With only less than 5% of the market, Melelauca isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I remember in the 90's when I first joined, there were two gentlemen who shot down the Melaleuca idea and said that it was a has been (and I quote one of them, "Melaleuca already reached their peek."). These two men were in Shaklee, Amway, Excel, and Destiny and were in search of the next quick buck campaign. These two men were, themselves, "has beens" - that was obvious to me. They reeked fast money, not caring who they hurt in the process. At the time, I wasn't interested in someone taking me for another quick ride with a financial let down, putting up money only for my upline to get rich. Melaleuca was and still is my 1st choice and part of my independent financial long-term planing. Already, I've reached my highest level of achievement. My products are paid for and I've wiped out an entire household budget. I may never make a 6 figure income with them; however, I will enjoy promoting them and will certainly reap the benefits of their superior products. Thanks to two of their parented products, heart disease and prostate cancer, which runs in my family, are no longer a concern to me. =)

So no, if you're wanting to make a real quick buck, operating outside the restraints of company policy and possibly hurting people in the process, this business is not for you. However, if you want to supplement an income with the support and direction of professional peers wanting you to succeed and wanting a company that will not turn their back on you when you need support, Melaleuca is very successful.

Message me about the 6 month challenge. With the support, focus, and part time work, you can knock out your household budget as well. I did it in 2. I am confident you can too.

- edited in italicized

7. kaj2000

kaj2000 New Member

I also think that Melaleuca is a great company and better than most. But there
    are a few issues. No company is perfect and they must try to protect themselves.
    But sometimes I think Melaleuca is a bit too paranoid.
    Example: Their magazine, Leadership is Action, has no letters to the editor.
    One might ask "What are they afraid of?"
    Example: They say we can't have our own website for marketing Melaleuca.
    Their approved websites are not marketing websites, only informational.
    A "Marketing" Executive needs to market themselves and their product.
    Example: If your new customer doesn't order anything but the backup order,
    you get no commission. Would you feel cheated?
    Example: There used to be a forum where you could write comments,
    but the forum boss said we could not write negative comments.
    But I will stay with Melaleuca. The products are great. Their call center is
    great, better than any I've listened to.

8. carl

carl New Member

Organic Wealth,

Yeah, some rules and regulations are necessary to have a good a business structure. But, you're right. These types of businesses need to be internet friendly to help you become more successful.

Although some people work better away from the computer!

9. OrganicWealth

OrganicWealth New Member

True True! You're right, I like networking in many fashions...

10. kspitse62

kspitse62 New Member

I tried Melaleuca about 5 years ago, and I really liked their products, but had to quit because I could not afford the minimum monthly purchases required. Is this still a requirement? I wouldn't mind getting back with them.

11. OrganicWealth

OrganicWealth New Member

Karen,
    Yes, there is still a monthly requirement if you want to get the wholesale pricing. Sometimes too the membership fee is $1 instead of $29. If a member, you commit to the monthly or receive a back-up order, which is the one thing I don't like.

12. ro9beam2002

ro9beam2002 New Member

Have a question...

Lets say you sign up a person and they choose to be a "direct customer" only. Do i receive a commission on there future purchases?

Also,

Lets say i have a preferred customer, they forget there order and receive the back-up order. Do i still receive a commision on that purchase ?

13. kaj2000

kaj2000 New Member

Karen,

We suggest to our customers get with friends and
    family and put together a group order. That way
    they meet the 35 pp req. Also some products
    are easy to sell, like their Renew Skin Lotion.

We have no problem making a 35+ pp order.
    We use the cleaning products, dental products,
    several supplements, medicine cabinet products,
    shampoo, body wash, etc., etc. They are so
    much better and less costly than at Walmart.

Our Jan. order was 81 pp. Feb. was 112 pp,
    including 21 pp we had Melaleuca ship to a relative.
    We really stocked up, so March will be smaller.
    We usually order 50-70 pp per month.
    Our Feb. order totaled only 12 items.
    It takes only 4-6 products to make 35 pp.

Go to Melaleuca's product store at www.melaleuca.com/ps
    and see all their products. If you don't know
    the products, you won't know what to buy.

kaj

14. carl

carl New Member

I was never crazy about working with physical products or paying a monthly fee.

15. kaj2000

kaj2000 New Member

carl,

There is no monthly fee with Melaleuca.
    There is an annual fee of $29.00 for the first year
    and $12.00 for every following years. I have seen
    Melaleuca cut that first year fee in half and even
    reduce it to $1.00. And it is refundable.

You do not buy an inventory or sell products.
    You are NOT a distributer and therefore do
    not handle physical products anymore than
    if you shopped at WalMart.

kaj

16. brentw

brentw New Member

MelaTiger

Completely forgot about this thread...of course, I don't
    come around this forum much.

Personally, I don't care that you want to post comparisons.

The P90X multi's are designed for a specific purpose. And
    Beachbody continuously works to improve formulations.

So I'll pass...

Brent

17. MelaTiger

MelaTiger New Member

To no one in particular: Who here has had a sales job, as in professional sales position for a reputable company? Anybody?

I use to work for "XYZ Company". We sold in house computer software and service contracts to schools and colleges across the nation. At one time, we had a dozen salesmen and women, over 100 service technicians across the nation as well as 87 educational representatives. Not one of us could conduct business outside company boundaries, which included marketing. No talking to the media. No setting up cute little personal websites. No producing our own marketing materials or using patented company logos. We couldn't even talk to the media, even if it was good. Where I am employed now as a salesman for a totally different company, selling nothing but paper, same scenario. The bigger the company, the stricter their rules and regulations are. They protect companies from lawsuits.

Employment, be it full-time or part-time, is voluntary. We voluntarily work for the employer under their rules and conditions. We may have certain "rights" granted by laws which protect us (the employees), but that's it. Just like no one has the authority to walk into our home and tell us how we should run and manage our households, etc., we do not have the right to dictate to an employer how they should conduct their business. After all, they are the ones who put up the money, purchased insurance, and established themselves in the first place. How would we feel if someone knocked on our door only to tell us how we should live?

Having said that, Melaleuca is a voluntary (part-time or full-time) work-at-home business, in which we become an employee by signing the consumer and marketing agreements. Their full rules and policies are disclosed (in the business kits) within our first month of employment and if we want to terminate our agreement, we get a full refund. We didn't put up the money to mass produce their superior products. We didn't put up the money to house a staff of well-articulated and well-trained customer service representatives. We don't pay for the company's electric or water bills. Rightly so, we should not expect to take it upon ourselves to market our employer outside the boundaries set. When we sign up, we agree to purchase so many product points per month. If we choose to do the business, we can but at the rules set by the employer. How many companies have we worked for that allowed us to conduct business how and when we think it should be conducted? None.

Now, can Melaleuca be better? Yeah, probably, maybe so. However, having seen how they have evolved so far, I expect them to only get better, and in time. We simply cannot have it both ways. We all want a piece of company profit, but if we're not willing to play by their rules on their turf, we forfeit our paychecks. The agreements are adhesion contracts, meaning its one-sided.

Imagine telling your employer how you think they should do business. Go a step further and ask to speak to the company attorneys and tell them how wrong they are with the rules and regulations they proofed and endorsed. Tell them that their rules don't allow you to make the money you can with out them. See if your employer will let you stay working for them. I am surprised to see a lot of people at a work-at-home-forum lacking fundamental business sense. I don't get it.

- - - - - - - - - -

Brent: Product comparison is much more relevant to discuss than a lawsuit in which we know very little about. Thanks for your response. [​IMG]

18. kaj2000

kaj2000 New Member

Mela Tiger,

Are you writing that we should "stick our heads in the sand" and
    never complain about working conditions? What would our
    working conditions be like if no one ever complained and just
    did what they were told?

kaj

19. MelaTiger

MelaTiger New Member

No kaj. I'm not suggesting we burry our heads on the sand. I'm just concerned that some people have abandoned basic principals of employer and employee functions. Ed Bestoso was one of the first "John Q Publics" to ever reach the end. The company had to create another tier just for him. I think he even is now part of thier board. He has gained company respect not because he complained and posted is comments of public forums, but because he played by their rules way before they approved Internet activity. Do I like their Internet guidelines? No. I created a personal site that talks about a "program" to generate leads. Although I cannot use it, there is a loophole in their guidelines for Internet activity 'after' initial interest is made by the lead. Work smart. Read their rules in its entirety. Some I don't even agree with but if you put yourself in their hypothetical shoes and think liability and lawsuit, you just might understand their position for some, if not all of their policies. The company is completely debt free and has a lot to lose.

Disclaimer: These are my comments and not the company's.

20. ro9beam2002

ro9beam2002 New Member

Think my question got lost here...

Have a question...

Lets say you sign up a person and they choose to be a "direct customer" only. Do i receive a commission on their future purchases?

Also,

Lets say i have a preferred customer, they forget their order and receive the back-up order. Do i still receive a commision on those types of purchases as well ?