Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Moreair, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Moreair

Moreair New Member

Just want to introduce myself. I'm Chris Pauley and I'm from Ohio. I'm 40 years old and am a slave to the paycheck. About nine years ago a friend and I began to accumulate real estate with the emphasis on rentals. There was the initial excitement of getting into the game, but the honeymoon quickly ended. We faced the realities of trying to collect rent from people who's sole income was part time retail. Needless to say, this did not go well. I learned that I do not have the personality to be a successful landlord. I'm a bit of a soft heart. So, I got out of this racket and will never return. However, the self employed side of my brain has been making itself known to the work a job side. So here I am.
    payment proof likes this.
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

4. Robert O

Robert O New Member

Hi Guys I am officially your newest member I am hoping to have some fun in this community,

Ouch ....... Sorry I am Robert and am excited to be on here. How is going on here Chris since you got here before me
  5. Moreair

Moreair New Member

Thanks guys. Welcome Robert. I think I can say that now that I'm a veteran. I mean I've been here 12 hours longer than you. Lol
  6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome Chris! I am in Wisconsin - the land of ice and cold this morning. :)
  7. TeamAGT

TeamAGT New Member

My story begins in 1973, fresh out of high school. Racing motorcycles was my passion, so It only seemed logical to work in that industry. Additionally, I worked part time at sales positions including, Fuller Brush, Kirby Vacuum cleaners, Insurance, and wholesale jewelry. Once I became too old to race, I knew I wanted to work for myself and build my own business. Without investment capital, this had to be a service related business. I had some construction experience, so I continued my education by working in that field. I started building backyard storage building in 1980, and soon started my own company. I integrated computers into my business as soon as they came on the market. My first computer was a Tandy SX 1000, this was about 1987. I forget exactly when the internet begin, sometime in the early 90’s, but I was one of the first to sign up. I started with an internet company called Prodigy and signed onto the internet using my 15K, state of the art, dial up modem. Wow, life has never been the same. Thankfully internet speed has greatly increased. For an additional part time income, I have always marketed some MLM company. The complete turning point in my life was when I suddenly realized I could market my products online to the world. Goodbye construction, hello work from home marketing. This business is exciting, and I love what I do. I love interacting with people from all parts of the world, and I love helping people get started in this exciting, lucrative business we call internet marketing.

Brightest Blessings and Great Success ~ Jerry Hodges
  8. AllanJames

AllanJames New Member

Congrats on taking action to improve your lifestyle.
  9. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thanks for sharing Jerry! Your story is a lot like mine... I remember in about '02 when we were introduced to the internet, I thought the devil was gonna jump out of that thing!

But it sure has changed my life in many great ways. I can not imagine life without technology anymore. Believe it or not tho, there are still a lot of people that do not use the internet. At all. :)
  10. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you join us here.

Just because you "failed" before in "business" does not dictate your future. You can still pick a new business and do really well.

You might have to fail a few more times before you "succeed".