New site in pre-launch - feedback please?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ginginca, Feb 5, 2007.

1. ginginca

ginginca New Member

Hello!

We are launching a new product next week at http://www.106killerheadlines.com/ and I have put up the pre-launch site and was hoping for some general feedback on the pre-launch.

I haven't gone about launching a site previously with a pre-launch (so I guess I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to pre-launches.)
    Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Gin
  2. SALINAS

SALINAS New Member

Do you have any JV partners creating buzz for your site?
  3. ginginca

ginginca New Member

There are some "in the works".

Is this something you would be interested in?
  4. WebGuru

WebGuru New Member

Are you trying to get the site out there. Once you introduce your site to a few it will be out there.

Keep up the good work!
  5. Anna

Anna New Member

Good luck with your site Gin! [​IMG]
  6. ginginca

ginginca New Member

Here's an update:

The domain name was brand new a few weeks ago.

I put up the site offering a free copy during the pre-launch phase ... which was just the PDF version. This lasted about 2 1/2 weeks, and I received some sign-ups which included some of my existing clients, and people who stumbled upon it. There was no agressive marketing done. But the clients who downloaded it, gave me some encouraging feedback.

Phase 2: Last night I changed it from "free" to $5.95, and added the MP3.

So now they get the PDF, and a choice of two different MP3s at different resolutions, depending on if they want a big file, or a little one. (It's a one hour audio. So high resolution is a 25 Meg file.)

Everyone signed up at this point will ALSO get the 200 templates and video when they are launched. (Remember ... I'm doing this in stages.)

Sign-ups and sales kicked into high gear. I was blown away! Every time I log in to my paypal, there's at least one more purchase. And it's been less than 24 hours! Purchasers are also asking for resale rights and are giving me testimonials already.

Phase 3 will come next. I'll add one more component, and raise the price again. When I add the 3rd piece ... everyone already signed up will get instant access to it.

Phase 4 will be like phase 3 ... only with the final component and resale rights offered to IM-ers.

I have made a change from my original direction. I was planning on a $97 package which included a physical DVD and printed copy of the book. I have decided NOT to offer the shipped package, and the final price was reduced to $47 as a result. Perhaps the physical package will come down the road.

You can see what I have done and the changes that were implemented at [Link removed - Admin]
  7. barba

barba New Member

Very nice looking site!
  8. Kerosity

Kerosity New Member

Yeah I have to agree with everyone here, that has been well put together.
  9. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

Excellent job!