New skill A*v*y*a

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by angiedbc456, May 20, 2009.

1. SenaMom

SenaMom New Member

OH WOW... they said "if" thats not cool.. I have been waiting and waiting for hours to post ( I know we all have ) oh well I guess all we can do is wait. I am glad I have a sitter on stand by and not paying daycare this whole time...
  2. vagabond

vagabond New Member

I don't think I understand, they are on strike and we would be the replacements? Or until the strike is settled we don't work? Which is it?
  3. vagabond

vagabond New Member

And by the way Bill Bates? Really?
  4. Nikkbunny

Nikkbunny New Member

When we were hired they were on strike, we were scabs. Now the union has settled the strike which is why we are not working.
    I resigned from this skill today b/c I personally believe we are never going to start as far as this skill is concerned. Ispoke to someone who was told in their webby b/c someone brought the strike up that once the union and Av&y& come to an agreement we would no longer be needed.
    So from what I have read the strike has been settled and their call centers are back up and operational i.e: no work for us.
    So I called a PAL and was told that IF the line does not go live those who do not have other lines already will be given first priority in receiving invites for new skills.
    So I guess it is still a waiting game.
  5. vagabond

vagabond New Member

That just sucks! Oh well, I thought it seemed too easy.
  6. tucker6

tucker6 New Member

Nikkbunny-

Thanks for the post. Did the PAL say anything about when they would make the decision that we are not going live? I don't have another skill, but I'm open to take anything just so I can work.
  7. Nikkbunny

Nikkbunny New Member

No unfortunately I don't have any info on that. But with W you never know, they may not say anything ever, or they may, it's their favorite game to play with us "Hurry up and Wait"[​IMG]
  8. SenaMom

SenaMom New Member

Ok.. so I guess I am going to give the skill up so they will reassign me another one.. UGHHHH I am so pissed...this is not right and YA I knew this skill seemed toooo easy.

Ok.. I just called PAL and it does not say Avaya anymore... the PAL says they still dont have a time to go LIVE and still no news. Just keep checking spectrum.

I asked him if I gave up the skill would I be asssigned another one and he says he can not promise that.. also that if this skill is NOT going live they will email all the agents. UGH this sucks...
  9. vagabond

vagabond New Member

I just went to check for hours and it won't let me log in. I called the help desk and got a recording that said they had high call volume to check the message board, I can't get to the message board. Does anyone know whats going on?
  10. tucker6

tucker6 New Member

Vagabond-

I just checked for hours and there are none. I call a Pal yesterday and got the "watch your email for hours" spill. Like someone else mentioned, the phone line no longer says the Av*y* so I have no hope that we will be starting on this skill. I wish I could just start on a new skill.
  11. SenaMom

SenaMom New Member

I just got this email...

Dear Avaya Agent,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your training on this project in a timely fashion. We were able to meet our ramp goals with your help and were ready to be activated when called upon. This was the direct result of your flexibility and dedication to the West At Home platform. To put it simply, we couldn't have met our ramp goals without you.

However, Avaya recently notified West that our services will no longer be required (we understood this was a possibility when launching this skill as the plan was, be ready to activate when/if called upon).

If you are active on at least one other skill, we encourage you to continue working as hours become available; this will avoid inactivity and potentially losing any skill(s). Please continue to check the Urgent News section of the Employee site on a daily basis as any potential invitations to new skills will be posted there.

Again, thank you for helping to make this ramp successful. We look forward to potentially offering you more opportunities in the near future.

West At Home
  12. angiedbc456

angiedbc456 New Member

To SenaMom

I just got that email to it sure took them long enough to tell us the truth so now i wonder how long will we have to wait to be reassigned to a new skill. That was a dissappointment i was looking forward to starting. I kinda knew something was up the training was to short.
  13. vagabond

vagabond New Member

Well, I have no skill, I can't log into Gateway, but I did manage to finally get logged into the employee login site. There is nothing on TV and my hubby is at work, I am bored. Not so boring I am going to clean anything but kinda bored.
  14. SenaMom

SenaMom New Member

I have no skill either... I had a sitter on stand by for 2 weeks and I finally told her today that I wont need her..UGHH I bet it takes FOREVER for them to give me another skill...
  15. vagabond

vagabond New Member

It will happen when you least expect it (that's my experience anyway)
  16. Nikkbunny

Nikkbunny New Member

Has anyone gotten any new invites? I saw a bunch of people on another forum got invites to H$N yesterday. I however was not one of them[​IMG]
  17. vagabond

vagabond New Member

None for me.
  18. GoingCrazy

GoingCrazy New Member

I was given that faux skill. I'm so mad at west! I have been with them 2 years and they keep giving me bogas skills. I have not worked since d*H*l went under, I was given C*T* it took them 4 months to get my logins only to find they did NOT work, a super fixed them for me, I was able to sign in, the next day, I couldn't. The pal did something which lockedme out....so again I had to wait. By that time, it was forget it! I had no idea what to do so I resigned. Was given the faux a*v8aya, to find out no job. I re did an application with a diff email, recieved D*R I did that for 7 straight hours last night for FREE as they do NOT pay you. Now I have to WAIT again to recieve my official welcome to the D*R skill. I'm tired of seeing new people getting hired when they have loyal people waiting to work!
  19. tucker6

tucker6 New Member

I didn't get it either [​IMG]
  20. twnuck

twnuck New Member

yes they do! I agree.

Todd