New to affiliate marketing, advice needed.

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by cpk2k11, Apr 2, 2011.

1. cpk2k11 New Member

Hello my name is Jason, I am new to affiliate marketing and will try anything to succeed. I have no clue where to start. I need someone to show me the ropes. I don't know what works best or any of that but If someone could show how to make money step by step I would be willing to pay or share my profits if I succeed. I mean, I am really desperate here. Just lost my job and I have kid to feed. If you are interest then please add me on Yahoo IM so we can talk.

Thanks
  2. dbmoney306 New Member

Check out the threads on One Week Marketing or Profit Lance.

OWM seems very popular however I have not tried it.

I invested the $80 to join profit lance. It was not the perfect solution however, it was a great introduction to the ins and outs of affiliate marketing. Following the lessons on the plan can definitely help you succeed.

Affiliate marketing offers unlimited potential but without a solid plan you will get nowhere fast.
  3. cpk2k11 New Member

Thank you for the tip. I will definitely being checking out One Week Marketing and Profit Lance. I have taken the 30 day challenge before but I got lost on certain important parts.
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

OWM is not necessarily for newbies although if you have tried some things you may be able to understand it. I always recommend SBI for new folks as you will KNOW how to do affiliate marketing by the time you have listened to the training and if you have the time to do so, I would highly recommend going thru the free training course they have.

That is where I learned the nuts and bolts of affiliate marketing. Just remember to look at it with long term results in mind.

As long as you can look at affiliate marketing like planting an orchard, you will be fine (and successful!) ... you plants the trees, take care of them and in due time they will produce fruit.

Although your website won't take several years like an orchard will, it is a good analogy![IMG]
  5. cpk2k11 New Member

SBI is a pretty good setup though It is quite pricey though I might check it our anyway.. Thanks for your help. Is there any useful ebooks I can check out to learn more about Affiliate Marketing and how to start up?
  6. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Try the free course that SBI has and if you can't find it, send me a message and I'll send you a link and also here is a great thread on the forum that has some valuable info on getting started with affiliate marketing.

What IS Affiliate Marketing??
  7. onedumbaussie New Member

Jason,

What are your skills or interests mate?
    What was your last Job that you lost?

Its time to look inwards and find what you enjoy doing. By doing this you can find a product to market that is of interest to you. so that when you get excited it comes out in your sales pages etc.

I have 20 Niche sites that are ready to deploy for affiliate marketing. If you PM me I am willing to give you a site, set up and hosted ready to go with your links inside.

You just need to tell me what you woud be happy selling an dbe willing to follow a step by step plan to get ahead.

I will also show you to earn instant commissions and get some money flowing as fast as possible.

The total cost to you would be ZERO.
    You will just need to tell as many people as possible how good a bloke I am. LOL

This is a serious offer of assistance mate, Take it or leave it.

ODA
  8. anthony2313 New Member

Hey Jason sorry you lost your job.
    You mentioned you wanted to get into the affiliate maketing game
    right?

Then you need to google Ewen Chia and Rosalind Gardner there affiliate marketing masters. Find there websites and optin to there newsletters.

They give away alot of free tips on affiliate marketing
  9. MeganFreed New Member

There are a lot of great free resources for learning about how to start up. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have or guide you in the right direction. I know how it is to be new to all this and not have the slightest clue which direction to take. There is so much information out there that sometimes newbies tend to take in too much information and then never put any of it to use. When you find a course or ebook or whatever that you think may work for you, start putting it to action right away. As long as you are taking some kind of action to implement what you've learned, then you are heading in the direction to success!

Good luck and I wish you all the success in the world!
  10. katereber New Member

mountainmom5: OWM is not necessarily for newbies although if you have tried some things you may be able to understand it. I always recommend SBI for new folks as you will KNOW how to do affiliate marketing by the time you have listened to the training and if you have the time to do so, I would highly recommend going thru the free training course they have.

That is where I learned the nuts and bolts of affiliate marketing. Just remember to look at it with long term results in mind.

As long as you can look at affiliate marketing like planting an orchard, you will be fine (and successful!) ... you plants the trees, take care of them and in due time they will produce fruit.

Although your website won't take several years like an orchard will, it is a good analogy!
    Hi Jason,
    Good day to you.. I can say you're on the right track for joining this forum..
    Lots of kind and helpful member here like mountainmom5..
    I like your advice ma'am..
  11. Tess_T New Member

Jason,

If you stay focused and work hard, you can do this. Everyone tells you to "follow your passions" but you want to make sure that your hobby or passion is one where people spend money before you waste your time.

Once you choose a niche, choose one or two great products. It's best if you try the products out yourself before you start promoting, so that you know it's a good product that offers a solution to your target markets need/problem. You can also offer reviews and recommendations that come across as much more genuine to your readers.

Build a list. This is CRUCIAL! Most people who visit your website will be gone in a flash, and you have lost them forever if you do not build a list and capture their email address.

As long as you stay focused and take action, you will see success. Good luck to you!

[Post edited. Link removed - Admin]
  12. katereber New Member

Well it has been slightly a year since my first step into affiliate

marketing.

Coincidently I am just beginning to see some substantial results of

my work.

Yes it took me a long time, but it didn't have to if I had the right

attitude taking my first step.

When I was countered with the idea of affiliate marketing, I

understood it right a way.

In fact it seemed almost to easy to believe that you can really make

money in affiliate marketing. Just think about it.

Good day!
  13. danman New Member

My best advice is to have patience and be focused. Information overload can be your worst enemy.

Good luck,
    -Dan
  14. katereber New Member

danman: My best advice is to have patience and be focused. Information overload can be your worst enemy.
    Great advice.. Having focused and patience is one of the best way to success..