New to forum

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by MTgal, Jun 19, 2012.

1. MTgal

MTgal New Member

Hi! I am new to forum, first post.... been working at home for 20 years doing medical transcription, editing, etc.....looking to see what is out there, maybe take a different road

2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Hi MTgal,

Working at home for 20 years is an amazing accomplishment!! Congratulations.

I've been working at home for over 6 years now. My niche is sites that are both free to join and offer free ways to make money. It's worked really well for me.

Welcome to the forum. [​IMG]

3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Hi Korie,

Welcome to the forum.

If you are thinking about taking a different road when it comes to making money online, there are many great options.

You can create your own product and sell it online.

You can become an affiliate marketer.

You can do online MLM and this will bring you great income if you do things right.

Anyway, nice to see you here.

4. Laura Burke

Laura Burke New Member

Welcome! I used to do medical transcription too, really enjoyed it. But I like what I'm doing now even better. [​IMG]

5. MTgal

MTgal New Member

Thanks for the welcome and helpful information....I have looked around at other options for awhile now and actually am looking into the affliate marketing options, there is so much information out there it is very easy just to keep getting off track as there are so many avenues to look at and so much to learn....but I really love working at home and working when I want to work and ready to embark on something new.

6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome MTgal... you in Montana somewhere? [​IMG]

7. Elainelight

Elainelight New Member

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I am a practicing Holistic Life Coach and am based online. I thought it would be neat to connect with other moms who are working from home and online.

I have joined the "pajama party" with my mentor! We love the flexibility of being at home and working in our pi's.

Elaine Enlightening

8. shopper

shopper New Member

Being that you've been doing medical transcription, you could start a blog specifically about this topic. It's easy to create a Wordpress blog. Then you can make money off of advertising. I did this a few years ago, and now the advertising from my blog, brings me a check monthly. This is without me doing much work on it anymore. Between this and the work-at-home program I signed up with, I made a decent supplemental income. It's residual income that I don't have to do anything for. It's just an idea to think about.

9. robpenn

robpenn Member

Hi MTgal.

There is a lot of info out there. What you need to do is find one person who will explain the basics of how it all works in simple terms.

It all boils down to three things; writing engaging content, putting your affiliate link in your content and then getting your content in front of people. The content needs to build a relationship with the reader, so as to build trust.

You can create your content under your own domain or on someone else's site. For example, what I am writing now is content on someone else's site. (Thank you very much)

The benefit of having your own site, where you own the domain, is that you have complete control over it. No one can remove your content and links.

That is the content. Then you need to get it in front of people.

Think where are the people who would be interested in your content? What webpage are they looking at?

Then get your content or a link to your content on that page. It might be a results page on Google search or it might be a forum page like this one. To get on the Google page you can either pay or use SEO. To get on this page, well you know that. Get a link in your signature.

Do you have any questions about affiliate marketing?

10. Rascal

Rascal New Member

Korie,

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of good members on this forum with a lot of good advice. I suggest that you get into something that you really enjoy and know something about or something that you think you would like to learn about.

Anyway good luck and I wish you all the best.

[Links go in the signature - Admin]

11. IslandBlogger

IslandBlogger New Member

Hi MTGal, I've been in editing for about 10 years. I found out about internet marketing quite by chance. I wasn't looking for it but I definitely ran with it when I found it. There are many opportunities like someone mentioned. I'd say choose the one that gels with your strengths/skills and your personality. Good luck!

12. helping hand

helping hand New Member

Hi MTgal:
    I would first like to give you some advise that came to me when I made the transition from being a field consultant to an at home consultant "Do something that benefits you in multiple ways".
    I would say to stick it out with your current situation to secure your income. The economy is fragile now but there is money to be made. My second suggestion is to evaluate yourself. If you're a "people's person" then I would say a marketing type of business would work. I personally belong to a direct marketing company (no MLM) and I love it. I'm not bashing MLMs but I believe in the direct marketing concept more.
    If you're not very social, then marketing may not be good for you. Most people fail at MLMs because they don't understand the concept of being a social person. This is not to say that you should go out to parties, but how do you make money if you have no contacts to pitch to?

I hope this was helpful and best of luck to you.

13. Wecome MTGal,

There's a lot to learn here. There are many people here with lots of years of experience, so take advantage of the united wisdom. If you want to know something, there is someone here that knows the answer.

When you've done the same thing for a number of years, sometimes it's good to explore what's out there. It never hurts, especially since you always have your MT to fall back on. There are so many categories of information here to explore, you won't even have enough time.

14. MTgal

MTgal New Member

Thanks for the advice, I kind of got so overwhelmed and overloaded I just dropped it for a while. I am picking it up again and there are so many avenues and so easy to get off track and get onto someone else's program and so many helpful people. So hoping I can just try a few different things and see what works.....Thanks again!

15. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Congratulations for "getting back on the horse."

The road to success is hardly ever straight. Usually it's winding, with lots of detours and dead ends to navigate. The same can be said for the roller coaster path our attitude and excitement can take when we go after our goals. It's okay to rest occasionally and gather our strength, mental and physical, and then try again with renewed vigor.

Hermas