New to marketing

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by jaxxmont, Jan 28, 2011.

1. jaxxmont

jaxxmont New Member

I have wrote a couple articles and a lens for my website but not sure where to go from here. Is it bad to use the same article more than once in different article sites?
  2. No it is not bad to post the same article to different article sites, but only one article will get indexed and reach the search results. The others will help you with backlinks.

You are more likely to have more articles indexed if you spin the article, change the keywords and the title before submitting to other article directories.
  3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

jaxxmont: I have wrote a couple articles and a lens for my website but not sure where to go from here. Is it bad to use the same article more than once in different article sites?
    I think its a waste of time to try to find places to submit the same article. It is more valuable for you to write a fresh article or create a new lens and be creating a bigger web of influence... I like to have blogs, lenses, articles, and forums all linking back to my main site. And linking to each other as well. If you do this consistently for a few months you will start seeing results.
  4. regmonse88

regmonse88 New Member

I tend to agree with the posts above, but writing articles and blogging are just part of the puzzle.

One thing I would add to my daily route would be ad submissions. Go to Google and do a search on free ad submission sites. Try the free ones first. By doing this everyday your creating blacklinks to your webpage/website.
  5. Christian

Christian New Member

I use EzineArticles and ArticleBase alone.

It can get very time consuming to submit articles
    all over the place unless you use a spinner and
    submitter.

The problem with those, is some of the articles
    that they produce are jibberish.

You are on the right track. There is no set amount
    of articles that you will need to submit before you
    start to earn money, so keep writing and submitting
    articles everyday.
  6. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Here's some great advice.

Unless you write a lot of articles and do this on a daily basis, don't waste your main time with writing and waiting for traffic to come to your site.

I really believe that IT TAKES MONEY TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE. A lot of people don't get that. They want everything for FREE. FREE this and FREE that.

I personally don't believe in FREE advertising and the best way to go and build traffic to any website or any business online is through PAID advertising like PPC.

Tal
  7. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Apart from paying for your domain, hosting, etc., you CAN make money online (and a good bit) without paying for advertising.

You may be able to make initial money faster using PPC (pay per click) advertising, but not everyone has a lot of money to invest in PPC when they start online, particularly when they are learning HOW to use PPC effectively. They can waste a lot of money trying and getting nowhere.

I don't pay for any advertising at all, but I make a very good monthly income online. But it was not done quickly. My traffic has built up over time as I built out my websites by adding more and more content based on keyword research.

I'm not opposed to paid advertising, but I like generating organic traffic. If you are dependent solely on paid traffic, as soon as you stop paying, your traffic dries up.

I don't think it's a matter of right or wrong, but preference and circumstance.

Blessings,
    Angie
  8. jaxxmont

jaxxmont New Member

Thanx Everyone, all this is helping me out alot. Now about making some extra money, has anyone ever tried getting those google advertisments on their websites?
  9. happywife

happywife Gold Member

jaxxmont: Thanx Everyone, all this is helping me out alot. Now about making some extra money, has anyone ever tried getting those google advertisments on their websites?
    I assume you are referring to Google Adsense? If so, then the answer is a definite yes. I earn a good bit from Adsense every month by placing their ads on my sites.

Not everyone likes Adsense, but I love it. I'm very thankful for the opportunity to earn money in that way.

Blessings,
    Angie
  10. katereber

katereber New Member

Same article is not helpful.
    You have to submit fresh article.
    Be unique and post something interesting
    that will catch the attention of the viewer.
    Creativity needs more effort.
    [​IMG]
  11. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I have never paid for advertising. I have paid for programs that teach me how to do things though, much better investment for me personally. I know nothing about pay per click and I also make a very good living doing nothing by internet marketing. It took a long time though and a lot of work.

I have a good many lens and over time a few of them are nothing but organic traffic. Like Happywife, I paid attention to the keywords landing traffic to my lens and would tweak the lens and add new content based on those keywords.

I donate the money from the adds on Squidoo to charity, although I sometimes regret that.
  12. happywife

happywife Gold Member

I haven't delved into paid advertising yet either. I wonder if I ever will? Not any time in the near future, I'm sure. If I ever do decide to go that route, I would definitely invest in some of the training by Perry Marshall on Adwords, etc. He seems to genuinely offer some high quality stuff, and like Robin said, the right training is worth the investment. [​IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  13. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

From the stand point that "time is money" free marketing does cost. However it's been proven that free marketing pays and can pay well.
    But lead generation to sale time can be enduring depending on what you are offering.

Paid marketing, works as well. Various techniques to make the return on your paid marketing dollars pay off.

A mixture of both can make one a very happy and prosperous person working from home and it can be in short amount of time.
  14. joseph1

joseph1 New Member

Barb Thornback: No it is not bad to post the same article to different article sites, but only one article will get indexed and reach the search results. The others will help you with backlinks.

Article directories are implementing new rules since the farmers update, I submitted an original article that I wrote to street articles and they rejected it because I used a sentence from the resource box from an article that I have on ezine articles.

I changed the sentence and was approved after resubmitting it

Joseph