New to MLM help please

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Dream2reality, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Dream2reality

Dream2reality New Member

Hey. I am new to the whole network marketing idea. I just need some advice and some pointers on how to get to my cold market and generate leads. My warm market isn't working for me. Just some advice would be helpful:) thank you.
    payment proof likes this.
  2. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

I created my whole Business without asking anyone from my warm market. The way I did it is making the most out of my Website and YouTube account and also leaving 'drop-cards' in certian places that will target people that want to make extra money or work from home.
    Facebook is also an awesome way to get new leads. I haven't done much work on facebook as my website and youtube account are doing great for now but you should definitely consider facebook as well. There are some really cool vidoes out there that teach you how to get new leads from facebook.

It also depends on your product.
    payment proof likes this.
  3. bfryer

bfryer New Member

I personally use Social Media to build my businesses. It has produced many, many great relationships over the years and proves to be the easiest, most effective way to do so.

Do I use these social media avenues to spam links around??? Absolutely's about providing and giving value to the marketplace. People are attracted to that...which leads them in wanting to learn more abotu what it is you are doing.

Go after the relationships!(not just after collecting leads in general)
  4. Anders J

Anders J Member

You should market YOU, YOUR TEAM and YOUR MARKETING SYSTEM only!

Give value and build your online presence so people know who you are and what you can do for them. Build the relationships as they are the lifeblood of your business.
    PeterMFL and payment proof like this.
  5. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

Try to find different sites, forums, social media, etc. where people might share an interest in your product or service. Get out there and spread the word and connect with others.
  6. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

The nice thing about the internet is that you can get people to join you without you ever having to talk to them and convince them to join your team.

To advertise online, I would advice you to work with PAID marketing so that you can get the best results possible.

Free marketing works too but it is a painful and frustrating process.

You can use SOLO ADS, PPC. These 2 work really well.
  7. Money2bemade

Money2bemade New Member

Also you have to provide VALUE to your product. Too many people try to sell a position and are too concerned with the volume of affiliates, market something you believe in, be able to show its value and the affiliates will come. Also, you will see that you will keep these affiliates and grow your business stronger than you would by just trying to fill numbers.
  8. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Ashley - what does your upline do or provide for training? It is often best to follow whatever they have in place for you. If they want you to buy leads or generate your own, then the only way to do that successfully is what has already been mentioned. Build relationships thru social media, create a trust in what you provide and people will naturally check you out. Good luck!
  9. dero3000

dero3000 New Member

Hi, there are several ways to generate leads online like through article marketing, blogging, FaceBook PPC, YouTube, Twitter, forums, and other paid advertising. There's a lot of free information out there (such as on YouTube videos) that explain how to get leads with these various strategies. There is a bit of a learning curve involved here as you will learn how to drive traffic to a capture page to build a list of prospects.

FaceBook PPC is excellent but is tricky because recently FaceBook is making it difficult to set up ads for Network Marketing. My advice to you is to first use paid advertising through Solo ads to get yourself some traffic right away.

Then pick JUST ONE of the strategies I mentioned above and attempt to master it to the point where you can generate at least 1-10 leads per day. So you will be driving traffic and hopefully creating leads right away through your Solo ads while you're learning one of the other strategies.
  10. Money2bemade

Money2bemade New Member

" create a trust in what you provide and people will naturally check you out."

Exactly, I am a firm believe that you will only be successful in this network if you can first establish confidence in your product.
  11. Dream2reality

Dream2reality New Member

Thank you all for the advice. I will try a few and see what works best for me. I have nothing to lose :)
  12. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

As noted above there are many different ways to market and attract potential business partners and customers. I find often it's not the methods, from warm market to cold market, but the message in the marketing. Work to find the right "hook line" to get your prospects attention then engage them with the benefits of your product or opportunity.

Also patience is an essential to success.
  13. TengoLoTodo

TengoLoTodo New Member

Attacking the warm market first is the wrong way to do anything. Use the cold market to build your business, your warm market will see your success and soon come running.

Social networking is a great place to be andthere are loads of business social networking sites. Brand yourself, get yourself known before you go in spamming every tom dick and harry. fb, g+, twitter, youtube, pinterest are great places too. Create your group, board, fanpage, community page etc and post useful advice and give value for the viewer.

What is your advertising budget? Create your own ads/splash&squeeze pages/banners etc. Get a Lead capturing system, start writing autoresponder emails and be unique. What makes you different from all the other MLMers offering the same product. Know your product(s) and the compensation plan inside out.

Get advice through your upline, see what they really do.
  14. swillia9

swillia9 New Member

What are you marketing? Your product or your opportunity? Who are you trying to market to? If you market to everyone, you are marketing to no one. You've got to provide value to them. Speaking from experience, no one really wants your product or opportunity. If they do business with you it is because of you, not the icky used cars sales person.
  15. Ed Johnson

Ed Johnson New Member

You can do this. Use social media, email, and post card mail outs. You will advance everyday. wishing you
    the very best.
  16. apPLine

apPLine New Member

Hi, Use your facebook account to generate more leads, you can also try free ads, banners to make your business visible to others. You can write on blogs about your business, or be a member of forums (you already do the latter). I recommend you also to write on wordpress and try GetResponse.
  17. NetMecca

NetMecca Member

Friends and family are rarely good for MLM business. Pursuing cold leads is the best option for any long term network building, with real value.

I agree that products are very important. An MLM opportunity is meaningless if you cannot sell the products.

Good luck:)