New to this

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by abradshaw6001, Dec 29, 2007.

1. abradshaw6001

abradshaw6001 New Member

Hello to all! I am new to this forum and am currently looking into working from home. I am 24 years old and currently working towards my degree in Nursing. I have three small children and am very eager to find a legimate job from home so I can help with the income. Since I have a one year old that stays at home with me I would like to find a job where I do not have to be on a phone and it doesn't have to be absolutely quiet when I am working. My other two children are in school and it would work out great if I could work while they are at school, but the only thing is my one year old that I mentioned above. I have seen the call center jobs, but it has to be very quiet to get them. So, my question is, does anyone know any data entry jobs or something else that does not require talking on the phone? Anything legimate is all I am interested in. I did put an application in with Working Solutions as a data entry, but I don't know what will come of that. I have also signed up with Keys for Cash, but they don't need anyone at this time. So, that could be months before I get any response from them. So, a new year and I want to do something different with it. Thanks for any good advice given!!! I look foward to the replies.

April
  2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

You can try medical transcription, your experience will help
  3. LeisaWatkins

LeisaWatkins New Member

I've worked at home for years, but have always done it with my own business so I am not much help in the work-at-home job area. However, I know that a job as a personal assistant, or as a virtual assistant is one that can usually be done at home. I am planning on hiring one in the next couple of months. She would be able to work from home and could be located basically any where.

As far as a work-at-home situation:

I homeschool so they are home pretty much all day long.
    My children aren't real young anymore (ages 6 to 15). Still they sometimes burst in the room to tell me something when I am on the phone.

So it doesn't necessarily get quieter the older they get. And now I can't put them down for naps and have an hour or two of quite.

If you want the freedom to work-at-home around their schedule then starting your own business may be the way to go. You could start a home-based business along with the other and hopefully eventually work your way out of the other. It is wonderful to have the freedom to set your own hours.

Leisa
  4. roseliabubakar

roseliabubakar New Member

Why don't you try joining online survey sites.

They are FREE to join and you just need to spend a few minutes a day to check your emails ang logging in to your account.

If there are surveys for you to complete, you might need to spend more time but you will get paid for it [​IMG]

Happy New Year to you and all forum members, may the new year bring us peace, health & WEALTH !!
  5. opendomain

opendomain New Member

Hi April,
    I sent you a PM with some info. Again I would defiantly recommend sticking around here and reading up on some of the opportunities available. Most online jobs involve starting your own business or affiliate program, some can be pricey some are free and some are very very reasonable. Please read the PM i sent you and take a look at the site or visit the link below in my sig.

I'm more than confident someone here has the perfect opportunity for you, even if it's not me. [​IMG]

Best of luck to you in your online pursuit of financial freedom.

Have a happy new year,
    Gilbert
  6. abradshaw6001

abradshaw6001 New Member

To all,

Thank you so much for all the replies. I do not have any experience as a medical transcriptionist, but I have looked into going to our local college to get in there with that. About a home-based business, I have no idea what business I would be running. My husband is into Ebay and we have sold things on there a lot, but I am not really big for that because I have no idea what really sells. The virtual assistant thing sounds really interesting, and to the one that sent that option, when will you be hiring and will the person have to have experience? I have only worked with Headstart and when I was in high school I worked at a small little burger place. Right now I am going to college to work towards being an RN, but other than all of that I have no experience with working online. I have taken a lot of computer courses, some during high school and one in college. I honestly LOVE to type and I love working with computers. I can just see myself doing that. Anyways, about the virtual assistant where would I begin there? Umm, I have written so much I do not know if I have answered everyone back. If not I will try to reply some other time. Other than that, I look foward to all speed replies.

April
  7. roseliabubakar

Since you love to type and work with computers, why don't you start a blog and start blogging about the things you love.

You could then monetize your blog with google adsense and affiliate programs .

Just a suggestions [​IMG]

Happy New Year to you and all forum members [​IMG]
  8. abradshaw6001

abradshaw6001 New Member

Quoting: roseliabubakarSince you love to type and work with computers, why don't you start a blog and start blogging about the things you love.

You could then monetize your blog with google adsense and affiliate programs .

Thanks for your speedy reply! I am totally new to this whole thing and I have no idea what you mean by this.

April
  9. roseliabubakar

In simple term, a blog is your online personal diary whereby you could blog ( write ) about the things you like or the things you familiar with.

You can get a free blog at http://www.blogger.com/ or http://wordpress.com/

There are a lot of free tutorial available on how to setup your blog with blogger or wordpress, you just need to do a search.

Once you have your blog running, you can place google adsense ads at your blog where you are paid for every click. You need to sign -up with adsense first however.

I would advise you to search & read whatever you don't understand first.

There are some tips about making money with adsense at my blog below.

I hope this helps.

Just post here if you need any info.
  10. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Quoting: abradshaw6001Thanks for your speedy reply! I am totally new to this whole thing and I have no idea what you mean by this.

Hi April,
    I totally understand what you are saying because when I first started reading on here about blogging, etc...I didn't have a clue what they were talking about!

I still don't do a whole lot of it as I homeschool and the home business that I do is one where I am on the phone a couple hours a day - returning phone calls...

Quoting: LeisaWatkinsSo it doesn't necessarily get quieter the older they get. And now I can't put them down for naps and have an hour or two of quite.

Leisa is right - it doesn't get quieter as they grow older!! Mine are 8-16 and I still have 4 at home... and yes, they come barrelling into my room at times when I am on the phone but oh well, that is why we are at home and I have had to say to whoever I was on the phone with - "Excuse me, that was my daughter.." and they usually respond with..."So you REALLY DO work from home!" - My reply is always "Yes, mam, I sure do"(or sir - lol)[​IMG]

I have a website in my signature that might help you with some of your questions as well, but probably the simplest way to get started is to go to something like blogspot.com and set up your page with them - I think it's free. That is where you would write short blogs about things that interest you or your family, etc...

To help you understand how affiliates work , a lot of online companies have what they call affiliate links... for instance if you like art and would have short blogs in on your page about art and maybe have different pictures about art, etc, then you would also go online and sign up as an affiliate for different art places, like art.com (these are free to sign up for as well)...

They will then give you a link to put into your blogs or on your site and if someone clicks on that link it will take them to the art website. If they happen to buy art from that website, you will get an affiliate commission!

Bottom line, you are helping them market their products! NEVER pay to be an affiliate for someone!

My husband and I do Ebay as well...[​IMG]

Good luck in your search - I know you'll find something!

Viola
  11. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi April,
    You've been given some good advice already. Almost everyone here is really helpful.

I thought I'd add my two cents to the mix so you will have plenty of options to chose from. [​IMG]

First of all, unless you get a proper "job" online, it is likely that you won't make much money right away. If you do like many of us and start your own online business, it takes several months of hard work to get yourself established before you start bringing in some profits. That is the norm at least. I just don't want you to have false hopes.

Having said that, it is definitely fun and "do-able" if you can have the patience to put in the effort and the financial ability to wait for the benefits.

Last year, I had no idea how to start an online business or build websites, etc. I was just looking for a legitimate way to make some money by typing, etc. in my spare time. I tried a couple of things that aren't even worth mentioning - big waste of time. [​IMG] I eventually found the company that I use called SiteBuildIt that teaches you how to build a website business around a particular niche of your choosing.

If you look in my signature you will see the first two websites that I have built using their system. The chocolate candy site is my first started Nov. 2006 and the auto insurance site is still a "baby" site and was started in Sept. 2007. They both only need a bit of maintenance to keep them going and improving. I will be starting my third site at the end of this month.

The whole concept is to build a "niche" website about something you know or really enjoy. You can then "monetize" it by a variety of ways. You can get affiliate commissions by referring visitors to other sites, sell your own products, get advertising fees from Google Adsense or similar types of advertising, etc. That is all up to you.

The reason I chose to go with SiteBuildIt (SBI) is because they have all the tools and training included in their system to make the whole process fairly simple if you are willing to put in the brains and motivation behind it. I loved learning the whole process with them and am rather addicted to it. [​IMG]

The other links in my signature provide more info. on it if you are interested, or you can feel free to send me a message with questions if you like.

Obviously, this is just one of the options, but it is one I can personally vouch for. It is worth looking into.

Blessings for the new year to you and your family!
  12. abradshaw6001

abradshaw6001 New Member

My husband got a phone call from a lady from Liberty League International and I was wondering if anyone has heard of this company and if it is legimate? If so would it be a good idea to go further into it? Thank you for any speedy replies.

April
  13. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

....just do your due diligence, April! You want to get started in something you can believe in and be excited about. I would hop onto their conference calls and find out as much as you can...

What are their products?

Is it something you can get excited about marketing to others?

Do they have a good comp plan?

I think there might be a forum on here somewhere for LLI but am not sure where - I think I had seen it some time ago..

I may not be much help...but I tried [​IMG]

Viola
  14. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

15. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey April,

My wife and I are involved with Coastal Vacations. There is a whole section based on Coastal in this forum so you can do your research. I have been in home based businesses for over 20 years now and have tried about everything. Id love to have a conversation with you to see if I can help steer you in the right direction based on what fits for you. your skill set and your lifestyle.

I have a paid option as well as a free option for Coastal Vacations as well. Being brand new to the industry many people arent sure what works so thats why I have my free option. Its more of an earn as you learn program and better than a money back guarantee as you dont pay any money to begin with. This might or might not be an option for you but id love to hear from you so I might be able to help some.

All of my contact info is in my signature lines as well as you can reach me on any of the links in the signature line as well.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III Director
    Founder of A-Team CV FREE Apprentice Program
    302 327 6263
    [email protected]
  16. RayvinAndRob

RayvinAndRob New Member

Hi April,

Vishal above has offered you the best advice so far. It would serve you well to take some time and read and meditate on what others have said regarding Liberty League as well as any and every other biz op thrown at you from now on. DO NOT GET EMOTIONALLY INVOLVED!!

Rob Nyte
    anytime
  17. abradshaw6001

abradshaw6001 New Member

Thank you for all the replies. Seeing that I have three children I have not found any down time to look at very many sites that have been given to me. I am going to try soon though.

About Liberty League:
    I have read the comments about this company on this site and I am not even going to look any further into this company. I have thought about doing the website thing and the blog entries. The main things that I have an interest in are church and I know about being a young mom because I had my first child at 18. I do not know if these are any good ideas for blogs or website material, but I thought I would put the idea out there. I do love to write poetry, but I haven't done much of that since high school.

Anyways, will reply when I have more time.

April
  18. roseliabubakar

You can blog about anything that you love or interested in. It is always best to blog about something that you familiar with.

Good Luck [​IMG]
  19. jerzstyle00

jerzstyle00 New Member

hey roseli abubakar,

do you know if there's any paid surveys out there in the arabic language?thanks
  20. roseliabubakar

Quoting: jerzstyle00hey roseli abubakar,

do you know if there's any paid surveys out there in the arabic language?thanks

Only one I know. Planet Pulse [​IMG]

Good Luck. Planet Pulse is currently looking for members from the middle east...