New to West, questions....

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by ShawnFL, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Karileetx

Karileetx New Member

Not sure if it is true but I read somewhere that with DR you have to resign to get a new skill. Does anyone know if that is true?

Caterina - If you start working with DR let me know how it goes. How was the training part? Good luck with your decision.
  2. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

Oh, and question for those who are already working for west. What hours or times do you see open the most? Or, what hours/days pay the best? Thanks guys!
  3. bronxnativ

bronxnativ New Member

Hello to All!

Just received my "you're hired" email. Problem is, I dont have DSL or cable yet. Will probably have next week since I'm moving. My question is How soon do I have to respond to this email before the offer is rescinded? Any input would help!

Thanks to All!!!
  4. 2500PerDaycom

2500PerDaycom New Member

I hated selling and read from a script too when I was in the job market some years back. In these bad times, aleast in Florida people are turning to online income opportunities.
  5. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

Finally! I checked their website and it said i should get the "welcome"email by tomorrow! yay, i need Christmas money..lol! Does anyone know how long training typically takes? Hopefully, they will have a skill other than DR open. *fingers still crossed*
  6. kandmh

kandmh New Member

I just finished the training. I was only offered DR. It took me about 6 days to complete the training. I took my time and it took about 16 hours. It a good bit of information at one time. There are tests after each "course" and you can only take the test twice. I believe it you fail a course, you can't continue. But I'm really not sure. I found it very helpful to take notes/screen shots of pages for future references.

Good LUCK!!!!

Here's to Christmas MONEY here too!!
  7. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

Thanks Kandmh!!
    I will have the notebook ready then[​IMG] its great we get paid for training too!
  8. kandmh

kandmh New Member

Rosie1: I will have the notebook ready then its great we get paid for training too!

I didn't realize I had so many typos in my previous reply. Sorry!

Yes, it is nice to get paid for training. I've worked a few shifts so far and it's not too bad. I still have the Newbie Jitters, but I think it will get better with time and experience.

Let me know if you have further questions.
  9. shortylow2008

shortylow2008 New Member

I work for West doing DR and they rank you according to how well you do in keeping your goals. You start off as a rank 2 until they see how you do. Rank 1 is the best this means you will have more calls directed to you. Rank 2 is the next best, meaning you will have more calls directed to you than a rank 3 but a little less than a rank 1. Honestly from my experience it all really depends on the call vol. I am now ranked 2 but got just as many calls when I was ranked 3
  10. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

welp, i started training. they offered me 3 skills. DR, VM Holiday, VM-Activations. I jumped on the later. No DR for me..lol! I took and passed the first basic training part.. wish me luck on the rest. It is alot of info at once[​IMG] Does anyone else here have VM-activations skill? Would love some info! Thanks!![​IMG]
  11. ShawnFL

ShawnFL New Member

Hi Rosie1,
    I just finished VMA training this past week and just did my Webinar this evening. Now I just have to wait for my sign in info and I'm ready to take calls. I didn't do any screen shots and didn't feel that I needed any when I took the test. My notes pretty much covered what was asked. Just be sure to go back and double check your answers, a couple of the questions were not very clear imo. Good luck!
  12. joeboxer337

joeboxer337 New Member

Has anyone been offered the DirectTV position???...I am awaiting my drug test result and was wondering how it was going???
  13. ShawnFL

ShawnFL New Member

No. I was offered a job with DTV with another company, Convergys but I didn't like the hours they had for training and work so I turned it down.