New to West

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by MSLMG, May 2, 2008.

1. MSLMG

MSLMG New Member

[​IMG] Hi I just watned to introduce myself. I just started at West and am doing my training for DR. My sis works for DR and really likes it so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

You guys seemed like a friendly more active bunch than another forum that I joined so I thought I would join in.
  2. steph

steph New Member

Welcome,

I have been working for west since sept. and not work the skill virgin mobile and I love it. Hope Dr works as great for you as the virgin mobile works for me.
    [​IMG]
  3. rsoler

rsoler New Member

MSLMG,

Hi and welcome to West!

I hope you like DR it helps that your sis has that skill so, you can get tips [​IMG] Well, I've been with west over a year now and experience up/downs like in every job. However, after contemplating (on what should i do next?) I decided to stay with west even if I were to just use it as a side job. Mainly, because I have never had an issue with payroll/opportunities for other skills. They have been faithful and to work from home we need this kind of trustworthy qualities in a Company. West is good and like any other Company yes we experience up/downs but overall, is a good solid/trusworthy/legitimate Company.
    RO
  4. MSLMG

MSLMG New Member

Thanks. Unfortunately I was having a bad day and made a dumb mistake and failed my test. UGH! They said I have to wait for new skills to open up. It will be 6 months before I am eligible for DR again. I've been beating up on myself because I was just in a hurry and didn't bother to take my time or review my answers for the second time.
  5. rsoler

rsoler New Member

MSLMG,

To be honest with you maybe it's just for the best DR is not really in my opinion too good of skill to have. I personally, don't like the indepth upsells DR demands. I had that skill and dropped it before I EVEN started and I PASSED the test! The reason why I DROPPED IT..was because the pay per min rate was too low, lower than any skill I've ever had at West. .15per min rate is awful and too much work for little pay did not compensate anything but frustration. Now, I don't know what is the pay rate now, i'm talking 2-3months ago. but from what i hear is not getting better so, in a way don't frown maybe the next skill they offer you will be for the best. I believe everything happens for a reason! and you will probably happier with another skill anyway. I know i was[​IMG]
    RO
  6. Angel2tsg

Angel2tsg New Member

hello all,

what exactly is west? i am looking for a legitimate work from home opportunity.
  7. rsoler

rsoler New Member

Angel2tsg,

West is a legitimate Company that hires home based agents like us...to work from home (handling imbound calls) for diffrent clients such as....Virgin Mobile (phone company) HSN, PROFLOWERS ETC...
    Once you apply you will be offered a skill (to work for the client) and will be paid by west. I have been with this company for 2yrs now and have had my up/down but overall I have never had a pay issue. they always pay on time and that is extremely important when you work from home for a company. any other ?'s shoot.. I hope this info help you a bit.
    RO
  8. blharlow

blharlow New Member

Question:
    I am currently with DR, do they every offer other skills? I mean are they looking for certain things before the will? Thanks
  9. blharlow

blharlow New Member

opps.. typo SORRY - I meant:

Do they ever offer other skills? [​IMG]
  10. Wyldkat

Wyldkat New Member

Once in a while there are other skills available. However, if you wish to train on other skills, you have to resign DR and then wait for an invitations to other skills. Those come posted on your employee site and an email. The wait for that? No idea. Occasionally, there is a special need offered to DR, like the Epiq, which is now done. Try DR for a bit. If you don't like it, you can resign and wait, or just wait to see if cross training comes available. Good Luck.
  11. tucker6

tucker6 New Member

I Steph.

I just finished the training for Virgin Mobile and I'm waiting on my logons. How is the job? I'm a little nervous about the types of questions people may ask. How long did it take you to get the hang of the screens?
  12. steph

steph New Member

Hi Tucker,

After you a few days of taking calls for vm you will pretty much know what you are doing. Just hang in there though, because at first you are going to wonder how in the heck you will know. especially when the cust. calling in disputing chrges. VM is great I like working for them just not sure of the latest change which is pay per contact than pay per min.
  13. bookwurmee

bookwurmee New Member

Hi Tucker,

I just started working for VM as well, and I really like it. I'm working the activation line, are you doing AYS?