New to Work At Home - Seek Expert Advise

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Zogyark, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Zogyark New Member

Hello guys, I've started reading your forums for a few days and decided that this is a good place to be communicated with people. I've been out of a job for a while, and with many jobs that pay so low I wanted to give working at home a try.

Just like many people, I've seen all the plenty of scam online and have been overflown with it, I didn't want to deal with that so I looked further into a site that had some legit stuff going on, this site was it and I have signed up for a few sites.

I want to get some advice on how to really start earning from home, I've researched into somethings and I've signed up for a couple of sites including www.elance.com wordpress, squidoo. I am looking to expand in jobs like elance, mainly writing jobs and translating jobs since I'm fluent in English and Spanish, but Im not sure about any other good sites, so fellow freelancers help me out here.

I started a blog on wordspread and plan to write things in there, one question i have is if what i write can be stolen from me by writing on here? I would also like to know how I can earn money from a blog, I know adsense from google and i know it's a slow process but i'm willing to invest on this because I think i would do great at this.

these are the main things I'm interested at, I'm also interested in MLM but not as much as those so I guess I'll start with that.

Glad to be in this forum and I have high hopes to succeed at work, thanks in advance for the advise.
  2. GDiMarco New Member

Greetings. You mentioned you are fluent in Spanish and English. Have you explored the possibilities of translating works from your home on a contract or per piece basis? It may only be small jobs until you get established but it would provide some revenue and still allow you the freedom to write as well.
  3. ginene New Member

Try reading www.problogger.com he has alot of good info on how to make money with blogs. You can also make money from affiliate marketing.
  4. kensomerville New Member

I would suggest that you look at free courses on marketing. Learn how to build your foundations, so the you can create a lasting income.

You have started in the right direction with the blog etc. You just need to proceed with getting the education. Start with the free and find a company that you can trust and move up from there.

Your Friend in Marketing
  5. kenwrites New Member

First thing as you already know, don't just fall for anything. truth is it takes time to build income online, regardless of what path you decide to take.

Writing jobs at eLance and Odesk are tricky. Some people do well, while others call them the pit of Hades. You have to dig past all the people looking for cheap content to find the ones who know the value of quality content. There's also a site called freelancer.com that operates like the previous two (no relation to my site)

As far as earning money on the blog, again you are going to have to invest time. Google Adsense, Clickbank, RapBank, Amazon, Commission Junction and Share-A-Sale are all good affiliate opportunites to monetize your blog.
  6. anaitebe New Member

Zogyark
    Hi, I just subscibed. please can anyone tell me if there is a site were you can earn money by internet working at home, that doesn`t ask for a money fee? or if it does, if it is trustworthy? I need a steady income, but I can`t find anything....
  7. robinincarolina Silver Member

Affiliate Marketing. Add affiliate links to your blog. I have made far more this way than adsense.
  8. happywife Gold Member

Zogyark: I am looking to expand in jobs like elance, mainly writing jobs and translating jobs since I'm fluent in English and Spanish, but Im not sure about any other good sites, so fellow freelancers help me out here.
    You might want to look at setting up on fiverr.com and offering the service of translating. Remember to be specific on what you are offering for $5. For example, you may offer to translate one or two 500 word articles from English to Spanish, or vice versa.

I don't know how long it will take you to perform the task, so you'll have to keep that in mind when offering your services.

Zogyark: one question i have is if what i write can be stolen from me by writing on here?
    Sadly, even though all of our writings on our websites/blogs are technically under natural copyright, people do steal other people's content constantly. There is not a lot you can do about it, but the search engines are getting better and better at identifying which content was "first" and rank it over duplicates. It's not something I really waste too much time worrying about.

anaitebe: please can anyone tell me if there is a site were you can earn money by internet working at home, that doesn`t ask for a money fee? or if it does, if it is trustworthy? I need a steady income, but I can`t find anything....
    Are you looking for a "job" from home, or creating your own "business" from home? Big difference.

Legit online jobs are hard to come by. Offering services via freelancing as described in this thread is one option, and you shouldn't have to pay to join any of the best freelance sites to look for clients.

If you're looking to start your own business, I've used SBI for the last 5 years and can highly recommend them. They are not free, but definitely trustworthy.

Al the best to you both.
    Blessings,
    Angie
  9. uspellman New Member

twoscribe

twoscribe: "I'm new to the network marketing industry
    and I'm looking for a good company to join,
    does anyone have any good suggestions?"
    Network Marketing provides one of the greatest opportunities to design the perfect lifestyle. There are many great network marketing companies out there however there are many "Home Business Rip Offs" that you should be aware of.

Align yourself with a solid product and business mentor, this will dramatically increase your chances of achieving the success that you desire.

To the Top,

Ulysses
  10. talfighel Silver Member

I would not only add any affiliate programs to your site in the future, but I would also add network marketing opportunities for long term passive income.
  11. PeterFrosen New Member

For me personally, I built an online long term business using the following methods:

1. Affiliate marketing (info products + physical product) I use clicbank and amazon for this mostly

2. website flipping: so I buy cheap websites and sell them or I build them myself.

3. Offline marketing: I build sites for small businesses and get them more exposure on the internet

4. I have been creating my own info products and have affiliates sell it for me.

I think this is more long term than elance or fiverr and will prove more profitable in the long run. However, in the meantime those methods can earn you the few bucks you need to run the businesses I mentioned above.
  12. Martin Butler New Member

Just remember that anything you sign up for for free, means you will just get put on a mailing list and sent loads of emails promising the answer to your dreams.

You should decide what route you want to take, Affiliate marketing, writing, ect' and then get some free tips from youtube without having to leave your email in return for information. You should also find someone online who you want to model yourself on and try and reverse engineer what they do.

Don't wait till you think you have learnt enough, just jump in and make a few mistakes. You mentioned elance, just get on there and put yourself up offering your services. You'll need to do this at some stage so get going NOW.
  13. maxson6062 New Member

Nice advice here, I'm new to internet marketing also and find it to be at my age hard to learn all the angles, seo, keyword stuff etc... Learning how to build a list, then how to make a website, then the training you get or programs that we purchase are daunting.... but I like the learning and hope that I can someday make a few bucks from what I learn...

Well, enough out of me.
    Lynn
  14. mellanie New Member

If you really decide that you want to work from home. It would be best to find a mentor and program that can help get you started. You will need to learn the basics of iternet marketing. The whole process is slow and it takes time. In the long run it will be worth it.

You need to decide exactly what it is you wan to do on the internet.. do some research and go from there..
  15. bdkfreedom New Member

My wife and I attempted the whole blogging, creating our own website, google ad-sense, ad-words and so on a few years ago. For the "newbie" out there, it is very difficult and can hurt your pocketbook if you know what i'm saying in a hurry. Not to mention the TIME consumption can be over-bearing. Many have succeeded but im sure have paid their due diligence!

Recently, we were introduced to a proven-system that shortens the "learning curve" when it comes to blogging and making money online. It is a user-friendly, easy application blog that has developed a core set of products that allow you to start blogging in just 15 minutes.

This domain has been present for 8 years and ranks exceptionally with Google(making it easier for your blog/business to rank higher)! Higher ranking on Google=More sales and/or traffic for you.

With this blogging platform, everything is already done for you. Just start blogging.

IM me for more questions. Hope this helps some newbies!

P.S. Did i mention you will be automatically mentored by 5 of the top earners in the industry? This alone is worth it!!
  16. maxson6062 New Member

mellanie
    What no come on join my system, I like what you say in your comment that's the type of things said by someone that really wants to help people ....

Thanks,
    Lynn
  17. happywife Gold Member

Hi Lynn,

It's nice to see you here. Don't worry about being an "oldster" as you say because it won't make a bit of difference. In fact, you've got much more life experience to offer, so it can easily give you an "edge." [IMG]

I took a look at your website, but let me encourage you to go back into your profile and make your signature into clickable links. You'll have more people visit the site if they don't have to copy and paste the url.

All you have to do is wrap the website address in the code Those opening and closing tags will make it clickable.

I see you have an interest in photography as well as hiking. Either of those topics would make great themes for a website about something you already know about and love.

You can narrow it down a bit to make it easier to rank your site in the search engines.

For example, where are you from in the States? Do you live in an area where the hiking is really great? You could create a theme based niche website completely focused on all of the hiking spots in your region. By targeting a specific region, you can become the "authority" on hiking in your area.

Once you've got your site established a bit with lots of great content and photos about hiking in your area, you can then start adding affiliate recommendations for specific hiking gear, maps, places to stay in the area, etc.

You might even eventually create your own "hiking guide" for your area that you can sell as a downloadable ebook.

I know it's a lot to think about in the beginning when it may all seem a bit new and overwhelming, but I think it's good to give you a vision of the possibilities just based on your indication of enjoying hiking.

This same thought process can be applied to photography if that's more where your love and interest lies. Narrow it down to a specific type of photography or photographing a certain area, or a specific type of subject matter.

Go narrow and then completely cover that narrow topic from every angle to establish yourself as the "go to place" for that info online.

Hope my ramblings have been helpful and give you some food for thought.

Blessings,
    Angie
  18. maxson6062 New Member

Hi Angie,

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas, and warm hearted response, yes! photography is my passion and hiking comes along with that. I have a small blog on that, but find that I like it to be free from advertisements, mainly because I liken it to being a special place for family and friends but I'm getting to the point that I might build another blog to use for making money, I'm a affiliate with B&H Photo and could find others to be affiliated with and they do give great support for affiliates....

Well, Thanks
    Lynn
  19. happywife Gold Member

No problem at all. Glad if I can help in any way.

It's hard to get over the idea of having ads on your site. [IMG] I know a lot of people find that they are "ugly" or feel badly about it. I can understand not really wanting them on a site/blog that is strictly for socializing with family/friends, but if you are wanting to create an income, you'll have to adjust your thinking. [IMG]

Just remember that most websites DO have ads on them and people are quite used to them. Generally, people are going to only click on the ads if they are interested, and as long as you have plenty of good content on the page, no on is going to mind (or very few people will). [IMG]

I wish you all the best with whatever you decide to do.

Blessings,
    Angie
  20. mreese601 Member

Zogyark
    First thing you want to do when you began your work at home joruney is you have to define your why! Once you do that then you have to set some clear goals!

Now as you see everybody has an opinion on what you should do but, you will have to find what works best for you. It's different for everyone. Understand this, it's a learning process to making money online. It really is simple but with all the aspects of working from home, it can be a little complex.

You already have a blog set up so make sure you blogging everyday! What you want to do is build an audience! You want people coming back to your blog every time you write a post. Once you build an audience then it will be easy to monetize your blog. Cpa usually is the easy way to monetize or adsense! It really depends on what you blogging about!

Always remember provide value to others and you will make money! So always be learning!