New to work from home, looking for new ways to advertise successful on a very low budget.

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Tahliasmith, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Tahliasmith

Tahliasmith New Member

Hi all,
    I'm in need of some help to ideas to advertise my business, I'm very new to advertising and my budget is very low and everywhere I have looked seems to be paying hundreds to either buy lead, pay per click or advertise on a website. At this time I can't afford to spend the money until I start making money.
    This my seem strange to you all, but I'm need some advice to were to start, I have done the free sites or maybe I also need guidance to word my ads properly.
    I'm very open to new ideas and to where to advertise where the traffic is
    Kind regards to you all

2. ShaunJ

ShaunJ New Member

There's a wealth of information all across the web on "blog writing". There isn't one specific thing you can do to reach your goals. It's all about trial and error. Everyone in advertising knows that nothing is for certain; you have to "roll with the punches." be willing to try anything until you find what works for you. It's going to be tough but, in time you'll get there. Also, your writing needs a lot of work if you want to be successful. Take Care.
    --Blessings
    Shaun

RecruterSociety likes this.
  3. jeffreysloe

jeffreysloe Member

If you own a domain, start by setting up a Word Press blog, and start writing. If not, use Blogger, WordPress.com, or one of the many other free sites. If you're not good at writing, don't worry, you'll get better as you continue to write and learn. Once you have a few articles (blog posts) written, you can share them on you social network accounts. If the articles are intriguing, people will read them and share them with their friends.

Everyone on the Internet has had to take the first step of getting started. Maybe some had more money, but I'm willing to bet that many were like you and me and had little, or no, money to get started. Good luck!

4. Rondell Savage

Rondell Savage New Member

If you are a good writer, then you can write articles and blog for your business and share on your social network profiles. Nowadays, It is a great idea for free advertisement. :)(y)

5. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

No doubt, you have to be careful when it comes to advertising. I have tried every medium over the years in both traditional and online businesses. What works for one product may not work for another, so you really have to research your competition to see where they are advertising. Always follow those who are successful, so this is rule number one.

Old school face to face is the least costly of all advertising, so start there, get custom business cards and start to hand them out to all who are prospects for your product or service. Target marketing is essential, you don't want to waste your time selling ice in Alaska in the winter.

Once you have your business cards, and good quality ones, for you have to look professional. I have put business cards in driver door windows at events that are focused on my product lines, business fairs, I have even passed out cards at unemployment lines with success. I also have had great success with T-Shirt advertising and attend events, county fairs, malls, etc. I promote FREE Movies and have staked out movie theaters and parking areas to promote my business. Huge success as it was a targeted audience, very important no matter what you are selling.

Another product I promote is ketosis weight loss and muscle enhancement breakthrough, so I promote at gyms and wherever people are exercising. Again, you have to target your market no matter what it is.

Success to all,

payment proof likes this.
  6. Dylan Lam

Dylan Lam New Member

Hey Tahliasmith,

Have you tired social media marketing?

For example, there are groups Facebook which allows you to post advertisments on their pages, may not be the most effective way, but if your main aim is to generate more awareness, it is worth a shot

Hope this helps
    Dylan

7. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

Dylan is right. SMM (social media marketing) is a great way to get quality traffic. Just be sure to follow the rules of each group, site, etc.

Good luck. :)

Joel Burrell and jli940 like this.
  8. AnneSamantha

AnneSamantha Member

Hi a couple of suggestions, I write for ezine articles every day and get some traffic - here are a couple of books:
    SEO step by step by Caimin Jones
    99 ways to flood your website with traffic by Mick Monro
    500 Social Media Marketing Tips by Andrew Macarthy or free video links below

9. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I know that most people don't have money to invest in paid ads but this is the way to go.

Even if you start with $10-$20 per day, you want to test small. Once you start getting leads and sales, you can scale up.

I really believe that paid ads is the way to go. Free can work but it is PAINFUL and takes a lot of time with no guaranteed results.

I know some people who do YouTube marketing and getting many of their videos ranked HIGH but others, it is just not working for them.

10. jli940

jli940 New Member

Social Media (Free), Google Blog with 4 or 5 Categories of interest to the public(Free), Free Classified AD, Job search sites (some are Free), etc. The key is to stay CONSISTENT in your business activities soon you will see results. Happy Change!!

Joel Burrell likes this.
  11. Joel Burrell

Joel Burrell New Member

Most definitely start with social media. I've personally recruited 100's of folks from Facebook. I also get leads everyday from videos I shot 5 years ago on Youtube. I get a good amount from Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin. I'm my opinion, FB and video are the way to go. I've got free training if you're interested.

payment proof likes this.
  12. elvisobryant

elvisobryant New Member

I agree with a few comments that I read to your answer. My question is "Are you looking to go cheap or free?" Both ways work however obviously paying more will get you there faster. With that being said, there are a number of way to get the word out for low cost or free. Try using the free classifieds, yes it works just slow. Start a blog was a great idea because you get the opportunity to share whats going with your business. Use social media as well, letting your friends and family know can help you get the word out a lot faster. Word of mouth is the absolutely best advertisement out there.
    Hope this helps.

13. crisstar

crisstar Member

If you're on a budget I suggest you do the most effective free marketing methods (blogging, video marketing, social media) first before doing any other methods. Once you get one method down and you're generating leads, then add on another method. Eventually you want to have 3-5 methods going at all times.

I highly agree with talfighel that paid methods are a lot better to start off with - but only if you have a nice budget, patience, the ability to track your results/split test, and a high tolerance for losing money.