New trying to work from home can any help?!?

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by char0809, May 29, 2012.

1. char0809

char0809 New Member

Hi im new at working at home i dont know many work at home jobs or where to find them i dont have much job experience and have to toddlers at home so not able to do telemarketing cause of backround noise does anyone have any ideas???

Also can someone explain freelance writers or give me a website to check out Thanks

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome Char - there are more moms that write or do freelancing over at the wahm forum. Just google it and you'll find it or actually I'll send a link to your pm box. Cheers!

Diana MEYER likes this.
  3. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a job type deal, then check out Fiverr.com and see what services you can offer to bring in a little cashflow.

Today's world is fast moving to a "do for self" operation. I would encourage also looking for away to establish your own "job" by getting a home business going.

All the best.

Diana MEYER and DiaJacob like this.
  4. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

FreeCashMan: Today's world is fast moving to a "do for self" operation. I would encourage also looking for away to establish your own "job" by getting a home business going.
    I agree. With a home based "job" you won't get very much money unless you have a very good specific skillset and find the right company. There are so many people around the world that compete with hourly wages so they go way down.

To find something that pays more than $3/hr will be hard.

If you are looking for a business opportunity with a little work and dedication you can go much further.

Matt

5. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

A lot of people find contract type work at sites like Odesk. I also agree with the other suggestionjs about doing a web search for things like "freelance writer" as well. You'll find tons of results.

Good luck. [​IMG]

6. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

If you love to write, there is a website out there that you can make money with.

They are called Elance.com

Diana MEYER likes this.
  7. Mikka

Mikka New Member

Hey,

it all depends of what you want or don't want.
    If you don't care to exchange your time for money like in a real job, you can quickly get started by writing articles and stuff on elance and odesk.

If you are serious about setting up your very own business, you should better try network marketing or internet marketing. There are lot's of free informations out there to get an idea what it's all about and see if this kind of business could suite you.
    The big advantage of internet marketing is that it is higly scaleable and that it can be runned in big parts on autopilot.

Hope this can help you...

good luck and don't give up until you find the right opportiunity for you.

8. Selamistanbul

Selamistanbul New Member

Hi, I started out with the website Elance which connects freelancers and companies.

If you are creative and like making things then you can make candles at home. This is a popular business especially over the Christmas period when candles can be sold in bulk.

Good luck.....

9. fallingstar2

fallingstar2 New Member

It's a good idea to start from transferring your skills (whether you are a lawyer, gardener, teacher etc) onto the net. Put a website and sell your services online (if you take some time to think about you will come up with many great ideas). It can be some online advice? It all depends on your skills and talents.

10. jamess

jamess Member

There are lot of online services like freelance, odesk, p4parttime, elance etc from where you can start your initial work.

11. Grace Adams

Grace Adams New Member

Same here, having a kid at home is a bit difficult and different when you want to do online work. But that shouldn't make it impossible, the online world has a wide range of jobs. If your passionate about writing then you can be a freelance writer. People have mentioned already about the different freelancing sites which can help you start. I think writing is the most common and easiest one to begin with.

But other options would include using your creative skills like doing crafts, designing, DIYs, then sell your unique stuff online.

12. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

Char,
    I'm not going to tell you what to do. I will tell you what not to do. Stay away from opportunities that are Multi Level Marketing or matrix based. Most are scams and will only make you frustrated not money. Seek out people who actually make money online and find out what they do. Find many opportunities and then decide on one that seem best for you. Don't let anyone recruit you or talk you into anything. When it comes to work at home jobs the Internet is not a safe place for people seeking them. I've been online doing it since 2002 and I am telling you the truth. Information is your friend.

13. Pleio Health

Pleio Health New Member

Be creative and diligent! Look all over the internet for potential jobs. Check work-from-home mom blogs and other work-at-home blogs. There are so many sites out there with a variety of job postings.

14. BeautyMomAlice

BeautyMomAlice New Member

Research, research and research. Find what you want to do and look up that topic. If you want to writing you can do it. My mama always said you can do whatever your heart desires. Starting out may not be easy but as you go it gets easier and makes more sense. I do though disagree with MLM opportunities. Some I wouldn't step near but others are great, if that is something that interests you. Find things that meet your personality and make you feel good about yourself. No one knows you - like you do.

15. Aron Prins

Aron Prins New Member

Hey Char,

Welcome to the boards, glad to have you!

The best advice in my arsenal: Build a solid product that people will digg, and keep at it!
    Don't join opportunity after opportunity, rather build your own ;)

Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Aron Prins

16. Ally Bohlsen

Ally Bohlsen New Member

Welcome Char - I am new to this website but just want to encourage you in your quest to work from home - it may take time to find something that is a good fit for you but hang in there until you do. Working from home will give you time to enjoy your precious toddlers - just believe in yourself. You go girl!!

17. Fabulousmiranda

Fabulousmiranda New Member

Hey Char,

I understand your situation I was there 5 months ago. The blogging option is one that I personally found to work very well. With the right company and compensation plan, you are sure to accomplish your goal of having time, money, and the convenience associated with working from home with your children.

The key when choosing the blogging option is learning the skill set of "internet marketing". The big income is made in your effectiveness with internet marketing which includes and is not limited to personal development (your mindset) and action. Learning this skill set will lesson your financial load and open up an opportunity for you to choose your own income level. (no hype, no false promises.....just the right education in the industry and the implementation of that knowledge.) ~To your success

18. Rhianna

Rhianna New Member

Hi Char,

I agree with other posts when they say stay away from MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) it is frustrating and commissions are usually quite low and not worth your hard work. Have you researched Affiliate Marketing? I have been enjoying it for a while now and you can pretty much be an affiliate for anything! But I do recommend you do your research well and make sure it is something you feel comfortable doing, go with your gut feeling and don't feel pushed into making a decision. Hope you find what you're looking for! :)

19. Gavino

Gavino New Member

Working from home doesn't have to be rocket science and can be accomplished very easily, and all you have to do is be creative. You can mix offline and online income from your home doing something that you know a lot about or enjoy doing. The sky can be the limit but it's all up to you.

If you're a writer you write. If you like to sell find something to sell. If you can provide a service do that. There are plenty of web 2.o sites out there where you can get something going as well as creating your own opportunities.It all come down to self employed inspiration.

20. shuvo

shuvo Member

There are a lot of opportunities as you have the writing skill.Whether its a website or for any form of marketing online,having quality contents is the key to success.You can register yourself in freelance networks like elance or freelancer and bid on writing jobs.You also can open and sell a writing gig in places like Fiverr to make money.