New West Employee

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by clbuck1, Dec 18, 2008.

1. clbuck1

clbuck1 New Member

Hello everyone. This forum has been so helpful. I was just assigned the Citi CS service skill. This sounds Greek to me. Can someone explain to me what this is? I would appreciate. Also, is the training paid? I have the TotalPayCard. Is the money posted on time? If so, what day? I was very skeptical about the Work At Home gig but when I read this company on CNN I figured it would be okay.
  2. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

Hi Cl,

I too was very skeptical, and this forum helped me as well. I finished training with west and am awaiting my webinar. The training is paid, at least minimum wage, though Im not sure if that varies from skill to skill. I have direct deposit and was told it could be 2 pay periods until the money is in my acct. You could try the FAQs on your west website to see if it mentions more about Paycard. Good luck!
  3. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

oh and Citi CS could be some kind of customer service perhaps for Citi-b8nk?
  4. clbuck1

clbuck1 New Member

Thanks a lot. I amjust starting my training now. I can't wait to see how it all works out. I have always wanted to work from home. Not trying to make a career out of it though. Just want some extra cash. What about u?
  5. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

same with me..just working there for extra cash[​IMG] I have chosen to stay at home with my little one..but at least I will have something to add to the resume once i re-enter the career world again[​IMG] let me know how training goes! i spent alot of weekend hours squeezing in training..be sure to take good notes or screen shots. good luck!
  6. clbuck1

clbuck1 New Member

Thanks for your info. The skill is for CitiBank. I guess they chose that for me because of my background in finance. Yeah it does show that my training is paid. I did find more information about the TotalPay Card. It appears that regardless of what method of pay you use, there is a 2 pay period delay. We will receive paper checks the first 2 pay periods. I have definitely been taking good notes and the screen shots are really a big help! Thanks. By the way, what skill were you assigned to and how old is your little one?
  7. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

I'm glad you were able to get everything clarified! Screen shots were a definate big help. I printed all of mine out to study on the off hours[​IMG] I was assigned to VM Act*vat*ons. Butttt, I literally just got an email saying they need holiday support, so they are switching me to VM Hol*day. YIKES! lol! I start in 2 days compared to 2 weeks. I am so nervous..lol! But I hear holiday pay is great[​IMG]
    My little guy is almost 3..time is going by wayyy to fast!
  8. clbuck1

clbuck1 New Member

Wow! 2 days instead of 2 weeks. I am sure you will do just fine. I don't have any kids of my own but I do have a little sister that is just turning 11 and she keeps me on my toes when I have her over on some weekends. Is VM Virgin Mobile? I can not wait to hear about your first day.
  9. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

VM is. Ugh, im so nervous..I just signed up for my hours for this week. I signed up for 2 shifts tomorrow. Wish me LOTS of luck..lol! My youngest brother is 8 and he is so hyper..lol! we have a HUGE age difference between us. I dont know how my mom does it sometimes. My little guy is pretty relaxed.. for a boy[​IMG]
  10. clbuck1

clbuck1 New Member

So how are your calls going?
  11. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

They are going really well now..i know it like the back of my hand. Unfortunately, VM Holiday ends today[​IMG] i have to wait for my VM Act*v*t*ons webinar to start my other skill. Its really the same but I'd be using another system. There's no webinars scheduled as yet, so I have to wait[​IMG] I ready to start the new one now! lol! Did u finish training as yet?
  12. clbuck1

clbuck1 New Member

I havent finished training yet. I am almost done though. I have one more course to complete and test and I will be done. I had a test after each course. I have 4 courses total. What about you? I received an email from a pal stating that the normal time for my skill is about 15 training hours. What about yours?
  13. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

you know, i forgot the training time that was allowed for mine? I know i had 2 weeks or some many hours. I finished the day before the 2 weeks was up[​IMG] Now just waiting on the webinar..eeck. wish they had one scheduled so i knew what date and all. Now that VM Holiday is done-well i only have 3 hours left-im ready to get started on regular activations.[​IMG]
    let me know how ur final test goes!
  14. Mrs_ Hardison

Mrs_ Hardison New Member

Hi everyone. I am new to west and was just assigned to Citi service and sales skill. I am awaiting my login and password. How long does it take to get that? Has anyone on here worked the line yet? What kind of calls do you get? How is it? Also does anyone know how much the pay is for citi? I've been waiting a good while to get into west and I'm ready to start working. Any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated!
  15. clbuck1

clbuck1 New Member

Hello Hardison. I am fairly new to west as well. I am done with the service training and I am about to start the sales. I just completed my webinar 3 today. I think everyone may be getting paid differently for citi. Range is 8-10 an hour i assume.
  16. wah

wah New Member

hello everyone. i have worked for West before for a year. for direct response calls. its for infomericials. i decided to drop it because there was alot of upsells an i did not like it (direct response). it is legit. you get paid every two weeks. I reapplied and now they assigned me to citi cs service. i guess thats citi bank. does anyone know the hours of training and working hours? does anyone know how much is pay (not traininin i know that min. wage).

thanks so much
  17. starmarie

starmarie New Member

Quick Question. when you start with west do you automatically start with DR or do you have the option to start in other areas?
  18. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

West may give you a few to choice from depending on their staffing needs in a particular skill. I had 3 to choice from. One of those choices was DR. I think they only give you a limited time to choose a skill, but thankfully, i researched the skills before they offered them so I had an idea of which ones would be good for me[​IMG] Good Luck Star..keep us updated.
  19. wah

wah New Member

well. when i started they only gave me the choice for dr which is direct response. i reapplied this year on the 4th of jan and they assigned me to citabank. i just took my drug test for that. i am waiting on an email for further instructions.
  20. wah

wah New Member

rosie1,

i see you have started taking calls. how much do the skill for citibank pay?