New York Cheesecake

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by luxe, Nov 6, 2010.

1. luxe

luxe New Member

New York cheesecake, so delicious!

* 15 graham crackers, crushed
    * 2 tablespoons butter, melted
    * 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
    * 1 1/2 cups white sugar
    * 3/4 cup milk
    * 4 eggs
    * 1 cup sour cream
    * 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    * 1/4 cup all-purpose flour

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
    2. In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
    3. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
    4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving.
  2. Jenny Writes

Jenny Writes New Member

I Love New York Pancakes!!! Thanks for sharing this, now I can bake my own. :)

3. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

4. My girlfriend made Blueberry Cheesecake two weeks ago. Ate half of it and never shared. lol.

Best cheesecake I have ever tasted. Will let her know about your recipe. :D Thanks for sharing!
  5. cravenslope

cravenslope New Member

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I think we almost have the same recipe but I normally use 7 packages of philadelphia cream cheese to make it more thick and tall.
  6. Dorean Clarke

Dorean Clarke Member

Our doctor is very choosy in eating foods. One of his favorite is cheese cake and maybe I can prepare this for him. Thanks for the info.
  7. Shnette

Shnette New Member

Graham crust is the best! I heard it's better to get the bubbles out before baking and also to place the cheesecake pan in a larger pan of water while baking.