Newbie Needing some Guidance

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Waizujin, Aug 5, 2010.

1. jbconsul New Member

There are any number of offers that will tell you that you can make $1,000 a month very quickly. Most don't work and waste your money. If you're serious about making money online, you need to be willing to do the hard work that is necessary. There are plenty of good mentors that will take you under their wings without costing a fortune. Becoming an affiliate marketer takes time.

Find one person to follow and then give it a little time. Don't look for immediate results. If someone promises immediate results, keep looking. You haven't found the right person yet.
  2. Blessyou87 New Member

I am also new to affiliate marketing, I have been studying it for months and know a lot more than I did at the beginning. I am just wondering, where can a newbie find one of these mentors for guidence that some of you speak of?
  3. lifeinaday New Member

Good question.Everybody is talking about a mentor but it will be helpful to give a recommendation.
  4. Ron S New Member

Learning is essential if you are serious about your online business. To success in your online business : To Learn, before you start doing business online. Explore the online business opportunity, beware of online scams, have a good start.
  5. 4pointgroup New Member

I want to firstly say thank you to everyone for the advice. I started out as a newbie 12 months ago and got sucked into 200 emails per day and dedicating over 5hrs per day. I got wise fast cleared out almost all of what I had signed up for, except for 2 (only because I paid $4000 did I keep it) but I still haven't seen a profit, so I am now signed up to a 2nd one and hoping that between the two I see some profit soon.

The most expensive one was a building website with tutoring videos accompanying them and 1 phone call per week telling me what I needed to do (I only got 12 of them).

I guess my point is that you need to really think first as to what you want to do and not go head-long in and sign up with over 50 things in the hope that one will make money for you.
  6. weebitty Member

That is so true to wait and see what it is you think you would enjoy or know what your passion is then pursue it along those lines. We all have been duped in our lifetimes. So don't feel so bad just learn from your mistakes and move on. Share you insight with others so we can all help each other. [IMG] I have been in MLM's long before the internet was even a word! Did I succeed in them in a word NO. But hey I took what I learned and went on with life. Lesson learned.