Newbie wanting to start

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by cptjksprrw, Oct 19, 2010.

1. cptjksprrw New Member

Hi folks,

I'm new to all this, but I've finally realised that I much prefer to work from home, and for myself. I know that may not be possible to begin with, and certainly no way to make a fortune, but in time... Well, we shall see. I grew up in France and speak and write the language as if it were my mother tongue. I would like to get into translation work, as I mentioned ideally from home, maybe for an agency to prevent getting scammed. I wonder if anyone else has done this, and I'd be very grateful for any and all help.

Thanks very much folks.
    Simon
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Have you looked at odesk.com - you may be able to do translating there...?
  3. cptjksprrw New Member

Thanks for the reply, and the link, I'll have a look there for sure.

Much obliged! [IMG]
  4. azbay88 New Member

I have been watching the products4uplus channel on youtube. Johnny G was talking about the "Cashflow" business. He says it works but it is allot of work. Not that I am afraid of work but I will not quit my job until I can afford to. Are there any free resources that put allot of step by step info in font of you? Maybe for several types of online businesses?
  5. lilwallace92 New Member

you may want to check out TranslatorsTown.com. [IMG]
  6. talfighel Silver Member

Welcome to the forum.

I personally never heard of this service before and companies paying people to do this kind of work.

All I know is that there are many free softwares online that can do translate a language to another language for free.

If you can find a company that will pay you to do this, then great. But keep that in mind.

Tal
  7. FreeCashMan Active Member

Find a great and profitable opportunity that is not set up for france, and then go translate the key material and info and go make a fortune from a france network. (note there are sites that auto translate website content)

I welcome you[IMG]
  8. ross51 New Member

Bonjour Simon

Moi c'est le contraire de toi j'ai grandi en Angleterre mais je suis Fran???§aise [IMG]

Let's get back to english shall we...

Most websites are multi language, the best thing would be for you to contact the ones that don't have the translating syteme and offer them a service in doing it for them