NEWBIE WOULD LOVE MARKETING ADVICE

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Jessie@arbonne, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Jessie@arbonne

Jessie@arbonne New Member

I am an independent consultant for Arbonne. I just started 3 weeks ago and would love to hear any marketing tips that may help me find business associates. I have 3 little blessings and big dreams for all of them. any advice to help me along would be great! Thank you in advance! :LOL:
  2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Find different sites, forums, groups, etc. where people are interested in Health and Beauty, Cosmetics, Anti-Aging, etc. Social media might be a good thing to look into as well, such as starting your own Facebook and Twitter pages.

Good luck. :)
  3. Athithan

Athithan New Member

FaceBook Page & Group give good result for your smart work.
  4. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Good question,

First, welcome to the forum, and yes, forums are a great place to learn to earn and make contacts. You simply have to give to recieve, help others and they will help you, that is what a good forum is used for as I see it. I wish you much success with your new business venture. The best advice is to never give up, never quit, you never know when success is about to strike. Getting prospects to your site is your number one goal, so start by adding it to your signature in your posts. No traffic to your site, no sales, it is that simple. Another tip, get your own domain name and then forward it to your company link. It is one of the least costly business building strategies, so use a name that reflects your product category, health or whatever.

Good luck,
    Jessie@arbonne likes this.
  5. florbags

florbags New Member

It's great that you ask that, Jessie. Posting on Classified ads, LinkedIn and GooglePlus will help you find high quality business associates for your business.
    Since you are just starting, you can pick one platform and master it before using another platform. The last thing you want to do is force success by using ALL kinds of marketing strategies. Choose one strategy. Stick with it. Study it. Master it.
    Hope this helps. :)
    CKC, payment proof and Jessie@arbonne like this.
  6. Robin Bull

Robin Bull New Member

Before I answer...what are Arbonne's rules for advertising? Someone from Younique recently came to me begging for help...but everything I told her to do was apparently against the rules (including talking to people in forums and posting ads on FB). So.....I hesitate with any makeup type company.
  7. Jessie@arbonne

Jessie@arbonne New Member

the rules are not to take others customers. i can advertise online, but i cant market any sales, just the product.
    payment proof likes this.
  8. dan_achari

dan_achari New Member

Provide some form of value to your target demographic, share content they can benefit from on social media. Stay away from constant self-promotion, I personally follow a 1:5 rule (i.e. for every self-promotional post follow it by 5 general posts). Teach a class online or give free advice depending what your business is. This allows you to come in contact with your demographic and upsell after.
    Good Feather likes this.
  9. Good Feather

Good Feather New Member

Hi Jessie :)

I would strongly suggest working a little bit, every day, learning an internet marketing. There are many ways you can build your business online, but learning about and trying to many will cause overwhelm and poor results. I recently heard in a training, it's like tying your shoes at the same time as eating a bowl of cereal, lol. So start with one method, learn and DO! Take action every day while you are learning.

Another suggestion would be to brand yourself, not your company! Give value, support others and attract people to you. In my offline world, once I really delved into internet marketing and began making some changes in the way I was doing business, other local team (upline and down line) began contacting me and asking if I would meet with them to help them position themselves better online and learn a few techniques. This change in direction has given life to my business!

I hope that helps!

Carrie
    kaikauai and payment proof like this.
  10. kaikauai

kaikauai New Member

I really like what Carrie says above, build your own brand. If you're going to operate on-line, you'll need a homebase - your own blog or website - to send people to for regular content. Others will say you don't need your own site, but you must be careful on other platforms because when you're not in control of those properties, they can take them away whenever and for whatever reason they choose. Give as much great information as you can. On your blog ask for people to leave their information - their name and email- so that you can follow up with them. Don't be afraid to put your email and phone number out there. You may get some spammers or people who want to convert you into their business, but you will be easily found by people who want to do business with you. Again, if you're going to operate on-line, you must go where your potential business partners are. If you're prospects hang out on Facebook, then that is where you need to be. Finally, be a product of your product - use it and show the results and benefits to your prospects.
  11. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I have found my best success in getting both customers and partners is to just be 'real'.... don't try to convince people of anything. If you can talk them into joining your team, someone else will talk them out of it!

I love facebook - altho we have to be careful what we share as far as testimonies etc, on social media sites, there are usually ways to pique interest without being 'out there' and pushy with our products.... but most of all, be real. People follow people - not products... and like some of the others have said, it takes time to build your brand. ( that basically means it takes time to create an online presence)

In the meantime, building relationships with your neighbors and local friends - holding a few parties where you can introduce them to your products is a great way to get the word out there....
  12. Brandon Lukas

Brandon Lukas New Member

Build a website branding yourself. Youtube is your best friend for that.

Build relationships with like minded people.

Use facebook and connect with as many people as you can on a daily basis and build relationships.

Share value everywhere on anything you learned. It doesn't matter if its amazing information or not.

Attraction marketing will get you far.

Help people get what they want and in turn you'll get what you want.

If you'd like any one on one help I'm here and do it for free.
  13. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

Learn how to use Facebook, YouTube and WordPress to promote your business you'll be set.
    Those 3 skills will be the most important marketing skills you will ever learn.