Newest of the Newbs to West?

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by CareAnn, Jan 26, 2009.

1. CareAnn

CareAnn New Member

I just applied for West and did the skills test today. I checked my email a little while later and there was a link for forms to fill out and it said congratulations? I followed the link and did/esigned the forms. Does this mean I am hired and just have to wait for them to receive/look at the forms? I'm really nervous because I have been trying to find a ways of income working at home for so long that is a legit job. I live in a very rural area and refuse to do a job search that would land me a job prob an hour away if I'm lucky. I have children that I refuse to leave out on the farm even though they are old enough but like I said its very rural and if anything were to happen, it would take me forever to get home. Needless to say, that was outta the question for me. I am attending online school and figured that working from home was the only way for me to go. I'm hoping that by receiving those forms means that I am in as long as I pass whatever it is I'm to do next. Please tell me that email was promising?.....I'm very excited and OH! nice to meet you all!

2. LadyPzaz

LadyPzaz New Member

Hi CareAnn, nice to meet you!! Did you check to see if you have accepted or received the offer of employment??

Once you do, it goes quick and they should be calling you with your ID number during the "webinar" session which is just making sure you know how to use the applications and such.

Please let us know what skill you wind up getting, honey!

Hugs, [​IMG]

3. ladyofengland

ladyofengland New Member

Good luck CareAnn I'm a newbie too. Just got all my paperwork in
    and i have been hired? Now I am going to start training tomorrow.
    I was offered HSN. I'm going to wait to do training when i get my headset which I bought today on Amazon. Must also buy a cordless phone this afternoon.

We can compare notes once you get started. I'm kinda nervous, but am anxious to start.

I hated comutting to an office 1 hour from home. Much better if this works out from home.

Jen

4. CareAnn

CareAnn New Member

Hmmm, welp I was told by a friend of mine on messenger that I wont be able to work for west due to having satellite. My only choices out here in nowhere land are either dial up or satellite. I spent alot to have satellite put in so that I could work from home and it would be easier for me with my school online too. I'm kinda down now about hearing that. Seems lately like everytime I have hope well...pfft... Is this true? I dont recall reading anything about that when I applied...If anyone knows pls let me know...And if it is true? Does anyone know of any legit company I can work for with satellite? PS I thought broadband satellite made a diff [​IMG]

5. sbrina

sbrina New Member

i hadnt heard of that, maybe just continue on and see what happens, once your in and can download, you'll do a WAH assist and it will scan you computer and let you know if your good to go.

6. ladyofengland

ladyofengland New Member

I agree with Sabrina just carry on and see what happens when they check your pc.