NHE Certification

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Kritter, May 27, 2009.

1. AshleySullivan

AshleySullivan New Member

www.nhecertification.com

Unless you have a fitness related degree (i.e. BS Exercise Science) you may want to consider a study guide because they are exam specific and are very well put together. Meaning, they are easy to read and learn from, not too complicated like some medical texts are. Very professional but user friendly, if that makes any sense?
  2. Ebolicious

Ebolicious New Member

Good Evening EVeryone, I'm currently an graduate and diploma holder from a Mortuary Science program. I'm completing the study program for the ACE PT certification exam and currently completed CPR certification.

How difficult do you think it would be for me to pass these exams? Is it worth the trouble to go thru to apply to this company? Are they located in the BBB directory? Any other info regarding this company will help me with my decision. Thank you

Ebone
  3. AshleySullivan

I think you would find the program difficult. Their certification programs are for advanced professionals who have experience in the field. Any personal trainer with a few years experience should do o.k., but someone who is just getting into the field would be better off with an ACE or AFAA program.
  4. Ruben

Ruben New Member

deltatech - you don't pay a dime for this certification exam (there may be a fee afterward to get your 'certificate'), but you only pay for exam materials. One of those, 'you have a better chance of passing the exam if you buy materials,' but noone has ever seen a grade on the exam, and it is not nationally recognized. Many websites report problems with this company - they may be keeping people interested by actually paying a few people to process, etc. and hand out a few certifications. After all, those are free to the NHE - and you've purchased the materials! I've worked around the industry (nutritionists, trainers, PTs) for a long time, and none of them have heard of it. I passed on the opportunity to get involved.
  5. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

You would have a better chance passing the exam if you actually knew exercise science. Most people who apply there aren't assuming they can't pass the exam and that's why they apply in the first place. The only people 'reporting' a problem are those who cannot successfully pass their exam. There are no other obstacles to the processor position. There are no fees for the exam or the certificate. You just have to be able to pass it. I know a lot of trainers who are all talk but when you ask them a couple of basic physiological questions, they change the subject or try to bullshit their way to an answer.

The industry is filled with trainer wannabes. These people have a better chance at passing an ACE exam than they do an ACSM or NHE exam and that is probably why they are so angry when they fail.

There seems to be this misconception that certification programs are supposed to be easy compared to a college programs. Unfortunately, some actually are. Regardless, I would say 60% of 'certified' trainers currently working in the field really should be fired because they are just not very bright people. Most did not go to college, many only have a GED and others have never really had a career other than working out in the gym.

From what I understand, you don't 'pass' on NHE... they pass on you. Don't be fooled, personal trainers do not have many opportunities out there and the ones they do get, they pounce on. This thing about, 'well it seemed to good to be true so I just passed on the opportunity' sounds more to me like they just couldn't 'pass' the exam and were forced to move on.
  6. Ruben

Ruben New Member

No misconceptions at all about certification programs being easy. This examis very, very hard. In fact, that's the way NHE Certification makes money. You do not pass the first time, and are encouraged to buy exam materials - whether you are processor or trainer. Once you have purchased materials, if you are a trainer, you may pass, and are certified. If you are a processor, you may get an interview and a job. No matter what happens, you have already paid your money. Since the NHE is not nationally recognized (in fact, it is more recognized for being shady), the certification is the certification -- maybe some trainers get better jobs because of it. Doesn't mean it worth anything just because you have it. It doesn't also mean that you passed an exam to get it - if the exam was never graded. On the processor side, you are out of luck if you pay the $$ and pass- they don't have to hire you.
  7. AshleySullivan

What are you talking about? It is obvious you are upset that you failed the exam. All of this other nonsense you are rambling on about is just weird. It makes no sense at all. All of this talk about a study guide and failing is just your own dullisions. I passed the PT 3 without a study guide and I passed the fitness nutrition with one and so you are completely off base with your "analysis" Above all.. you are supposed to pass the exam if you are an expert in the field. I'm not an expert in nutrition but wanted to obtain that credential. There is no excuse for failing. If you failed, which I have no doubt that you did, you shouldn't be in the position to instruct, oversee or supervise personal trainers. Whether or not you paid some measly fee for the study guide isn't relevant. You are supposed to be a fitness professional and if your losing sleep over a few bucks then you need to re-evaluate your career because $150 should not break your bank. If it does, then you would be very unwise to spend it on a study guide that no one has required you purchase. You failed the exam and it cost you nothing, so just move on to something else and get over it.

By the way, they are nationally recognized. Your claim that they aren't is unbelievably ridiculous. They have programs all over the country and if you read any blog on them (and there are dozens on Google) you will see people from all over the country discussing nhe programs. It's hard to believe that the few people you know, who have not heard of NHE, represent the entire country.
  8. Ruben

Ruben New Member

Wow. Just re-read the posts exchanged in the past 2 days.
  9. ochewamba

ochewamba New Member

ChristinaM
    Christina, having worked at NHE, why do they need human processors for multiple choice tests administered electronically? I have never heard of a company giving electronic tests and having people(who can make errors) check them. The test answers are already in a computer, which will not make errors and can check the tests in a matter of seconds; all with no cost to the company to pay human processors! Sounds like a load of crap.
  10. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

$150 is not a lot of money for a study guide. I'm sure there are people who can't afford a study guide at any price and those people have the option of not getting one.

If they wanted to make money, they wouldn't discount the study guide, they wouldn't let people make monthly payments, while still granting them online access to it and they more than likely would not let you take the exam for free. I wasn't a business major in college but those don't sound like revenue generating ideas for profit to me.

It hurts to fail the exam because you feel like a loser. I'd much rather be associated with a program like NHE's than one like AFAA or ACE who pass everybody and anybody. No one ever talks bad about ACE because there is no reason to, everyone passess.
  11. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

ochewamba- You may be confused with a different program. The NHE exams involve short answer and essay style answers. They have to be processed by real people. You do a lot of writing during the exam.

You seem to be all fired up over something you don't really know anything about.
  12. aztwinmom

aztwinmom New Member

I've taken the Level 2 trainer and passed it and am anxiously waiting to see if I get an interview. Does anyone know if the first tier of processors are still starting March 22nd? I just got my results monday and heard interviews are next wk.
  13. texastechalum94

texastechalum94 New Member

AZTWINMOM [​IMG]. I too passed the Level 2 pt exam. I received the letter stating that interviews would be this week and that the 1st tier of processors would be starting March 22. I have NOT heard otherwise. I have NOT received a letter for an interview either. I am NOT giving up [​IMG] Have you tried to e-mail Lisa E. or Cathy M.? I have sent them BOTH a couple of e-mails over the last week and haven't heard anything. I received the e-mail that I passed last Tues. I REALLY think that we should be notified even if we did NOT get an interview, ya know? If I hear anything, I will post!! GOOD LUCK!
  14. AshleySullivan

It's good to hear that so many of you guys are now passing the exam. It could be that the smart people have returned to our industry to re-claim it. I'm not saying that the economy is a good thing, but because there are many more people back on the market, the bar (and intelligence) seems to have been raised.

With any luck, we can squeeze the -week-end warriors- out of the industry and replace them with true, educated, professionals. Maybe then, we can get our respect back. Personal trainers were becoming so run-of-the-mill that people started viewing us like we were used car salesmen.
  15. teaserrate

teaserrate New Member

I agree with this. The personal training industry is not as well respected because of ACE, AFAA, NESTA and the other (low-bar setting) certification programs. I remember thinking how unreasonablly difficult the NHE exam was, while I was in the middle of taking it, but after I submitted it and then later learned I passed, I was proud that I did it.
  16. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

Personal Training is a tough business and far to often you get kids coming into the industry, thinking they can make a killin' or something and they start out at 24 hour pitness and think they are real trainers. It has gotten really bad.
  17. AshleySullivan

That may be true but many of them soon learn that it takes a ton of hard work and true commitment to make it as a trainer. ACE, AFAA and others may pump them out but eventually reality returns them back to where they came from.
  18. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

You are too right!
  19. April D

April D New Member

AshleySullivan
    Hello Ashley I read over your post and you seem to be very educated in the fitness field and with NHE and so I wanted to ask you a few questions about the exam. I am currently in school for my 2 yr degree in personal training. Its called Personal training AOS. I have already completed Anatomy & Physiology 101 and 102, Kinesiology, Business 101, PT 101, physiology of sport and exercise, and nutrition. I have all my books of course and I am still in school, currently in PT 102. I have 10 year experience working in health clubs and athletic clubs in sales and management however, I've been working with trainers and instructors all my life while being educated. Do you think that I could pass the test as a proctor? What do you know about that position?
  20. April D

April D New Member

texastechalum94
    Hello, I am interested in taking this exam. Did you ever get a response back in regards to the interview?