NHE Certification

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Kritter, May 27, 2009.

1. grkmom

grkmom New Member

AMEN Trainer 1!!!
    I could post a similar list of back-n-fourth e-mails that I exchanged with Jessica and/or John Caldwell (if that's the person's real name).
    They even ran a google search on me and found my address and my old job and threaten to send them e-mails and somehow ruin my professional reputation as a trainer...Little do they know I've been a HS math teacher for the last 4 years, and out of the fitness industry for a while...
    To anyone reading ; RUN! NHE is a S-C-A-M
  2. AshleySullivan

AshleySullivan New Member

Trainer 1- If these wikileaks are truly authentic, you come across, to me, as overly pushy. You seem almost desperate. It sounds like Jessica was doing everything she could to address your concerns and send you all of the information you requested. She even went as far as to advise not taking the exam until you were more comfortable.
    Your post proves the exact opposite of your point.

Also, no where does she mention an NHE study guide? She also told you, you could take the exam the very next day, which meant that ordering a study guide would serve you no purpose because you wouldn't have it in time.

Did you even read her emails? I did, and it all looks very professional to me. But then again, I'm not blinded with hatred and so it was easy.
  3. Rowe

Rowe New Member

'trainer-1' if you sent me the same email you sent Jessica, I would have thought you were an A-hole!

The poor girl went out of her way to help you.
  4. AshleySullivan

An ACE employee dissing NHE. How strange?
  5. Rowe

Rowe New Member

Trainer 1, they were setting up the exam for you for free, even though you didn't buy a study guide. How is that a scam? You were able to set up an exam without having bought anything. Isn't that the way it is supposed to be? I don't get what you are complaining about?

It sounds more to me like you were being overly difficult and they didn't want to deal with you any longer and told you to get lost.

In their polite way [​IMG]
  6. Cyclones

Cyclones New Member

looks like another reject trainer got shown the door.

good job nhe
  7. AshleySullivan

'ruin my professional reputation as a trainer'. You are not a trainer, by your own admission.
    If you are someone, posing to be a professional trainer, and you lie about any aspect of your resume, to try and get a job.... NHE will find out and report you. Personally, I think it is absolutely fantastic that there is a company standing up and doing something about the thousands of people who are posing as trainers, just because they have a weekend certification or because they worked out for a few months. You are a 'math teacher' and you tried to get a job at one of the most respected certification companies in our industry? If they did hire you, that would certainly put a dent in their credibility. Thankfully they didn't.

When you say 'back-n-fourth e-mails', what you mean is you made several attempts to plead your case, to no avail. Now your pissed off at them. Ha!

When a company takes their hiring process very seriously and applauds the professionals who are properly educated or have a credible professional background, while simultaneously making attempts to rid the industry of the impostors, that only goes to their credibility of their claims to rid the industry of all of those who are ruining it.

What you don't seem to understand is, you are the scam. They are simply trying to get you out of our industry, so that people like me no longer have to deal. I wish every gym and certification organization did that.
  8. Cyclones

Cyclones New Member

It's funny if you really read these posts. This 'trainer1' guy calls NHE a scam, just two days after he writes this to them, 'Feel free to send the documents if you would like, although I am not challenging your legitimacy'.

What!!

He says ' I would love to be proven wrong.' but only gives Jessica a day to send the proof he requested before posting an inflammatory message.

o.k.

Hey, isn't posting confidential emails illegal? If I was engaged in a very strange and specific email correspondence with some guy, just a few days ago, I think it would be pretty easy to connect the dots. Registering, using a general alias, doesn't work if you leave a distinguishable paper trail. That is not the smartest way to remain anonymous.

Hey Trainer-1, looks like you can expect two parcels!
  9. AshleySullivan

Probably. I know slander is.
  10. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

Newbies! Ya gotta love 'em!

Why would you try to apply for a job at NHE if you are not a highly regarded trainer or dietician? They would never hirer a math teacher to instruct their fitness programs. I don't even think ACE would do that. I'm sure NHE doesn't get too many math teachers applying for jobs there and so much like Trainer 1, your post will be easy to trace too. Yikes!

You can't go around calling companies scams when they don't charge you anything and when you clearly are not qualified to work for them. It's called libel and slander. You should be more careful grkmom.

If they hired you, with your current expertise, then you could call them a scam. I think they did the right thing by turning you away. You are underqualified.
  11. AshleySullivan

Some of these people are really strange. It's no wonder they are unemployed. One guy wanted to take the exam on the very same day he was contacted, without a minute preparation and the other person has been out of training for years and is a math teacher. I wouldn't hire them either. That's crazy!
  12. Paul DArcy

Paul DArcy New Member

Hello Ashley, Christina and Cyclones,

Do you folks have any direct experience with NHE?
    I'm just curious if you've gone through the certification process and what you think of the company?

Thanks for your feedback! [​IMG]

~Paul
  13. Cyclones

Cyclones New Member

Hi Paul. Because of the nature of this site and this thread in particular, I'm going to assume you are considering working for them? I think it's irrelevant what anyone online thinks about a particular company, including me. If you are going to consider posts from complete strangers to determine the trajectory of your professional career, then you will be bouncing from place to place. You have to deal with the company, directly and make a decision based on your own personal experience. For every negative thing you will find on NHE, you'll find even more positive things. What does any of it matter?

If you are scared to try things on your own, without the feedback of others, then maybe you should not be venturing in that direction in the first place.
  14. Paul DArcy

Paul DArcy New Member

Cyclones

Hi Cyclones,

Thanks for the response.

Actually, I am not searching for career advice, but thank you for sharing your thoughts on the matter just the same.

I was simply stimulating the conversation. I haven't posted in a while and this thread was recent, relevant and an interesting read.

I see that you're NHE certified. Good for you and congratulations! I understand that the NHE exams are very thorough. You must have substantial experience.

Best,

~Paul
  15. AshleySullivan

It's only interesting because you have these people who take the NHE exam, fail it and get angry. They try so very hard to get NHE back by joining a discussion forum and posting negative comments, but all they end up doing is exposing the obvious reasons why they failed the exam or didn't get hired. Personally, I love what NHE does because I lose hundreds of dollars a month due to these 'so-called' trainers. NHE is helping get rid of these jokers and it is so refreshing to see. It makes absolutely no sense to call a company a scam just because they want to ensure the people they hire are for real and not posers. The study guide is not part of the requirement and the exam they do require is 100% free. I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it a hundred more, every fitness company should take it's employee's qualifications this seriously. It obviously works. NHE has apparently weeded out a lot of posers.
  16. Paul DArcy

Paul DArcy New Member

Well, I know what you mean about unqualified trainers -that's for sure. There are many it seems.

I have been blessed with the good fortune of working with very dedicated and talented strength coaches and physiotherapists in my career. I do not envy the struggle that many good trainers endure. I'm sure it must be tough to compete in certain markets -especially when the general population doesn't know what to look for.

~Paul
  17. AshleySullivan

There are many because it's not difficult to become one. The root of the problem is the companies that are certifying these people and the gyms that hire them. Elite certification companies like ACSM and NHE are not going to be able to make a dent as long as gym owners and managers care more about increasing monthly sales.

You are fortunate to be in a more dedicated field of fitness. My advice is to keep it going and don't take it for granted. [​IMG]
  18. splintercell

splintercell New Member

O.k. so, I got the content writer notification, and applied for it online. Just got my writer agreement and sent it off this morning. I will be starting work on my first project next week. Anyone else here a content writer? If so, which subjects are you assigned?
  19. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

I was just looking over the details and it seems like a great opportunity. I've always wanted to write fitness articles but I never knew exactly how to go about it. This seems like an easy way to get my work out there and receive a fair compensation rate. A trainer friend told me they are going to add a variety of different programs that will extend beyond the typical subjects and that sounds promising too.
  20. splintercell

splintercell New Member

What kind of different program do you mean?