NHE Certification

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Kritter, May 27, 2009.

1. splintercell

splintercell New Member

I've finished up three projects, to date, and it's getting easier and easier. I have to say, that I don;t know how anyone did this job 10-15 years ago. With my iPad, I can do this job even at my club. It's totally cool. I'm also learning a lot. You forget want you know. [​IMG]
  2. Ional

Ional New Member

Is a one year writer's agreement normal? I was hoping for something longer.
  3. splintercell

splintercell New Member

The longest contract is five years and then you cannot write for them after that. I think a one year contract is standard. They probably don't want to over commit but at the same time they don't want to lose good writers by not committing enough. I think 1 year is the norm.
  4. Gym6010

Gym6010 New Member

They compensate on time and pay what they said they would and that is a huge relief! I've made a few thousand bucks and I hoping to make much more. I'll keep everyone posted...
  5. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

I've just started content writing and it's more complex than I originally imagined. Does anyone know of any other fitness or health organizations that are hiring content writers? I'd actually love to start doing this full time.
  6. swingsetfitness

swingsetfitness New Member

These aren't the same people that had the Scirion certification a few years ago, are they?
  7. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

Karen,
    Scirion was acquired by NHE, years back, and they basically had the same type of tough program philosophy. NHE tried to eliminate Scirion as a direct competitor because they both were competing to be the tough new standard for the PT industry. I think a few of the owners of Scirion branched off and started NHE. Now that Scirion is gone, NHE is undoubtedly one of the toughest programs to acquire.
  8. eadebold

eadebold New Member

Hello All-
    I literally JUST finished my Master exam. I have a degree in Kines and found the exam difficult. I knew the information but the time limit was insane. Im not sure I even completed 50% of it! Does anyone know how they grade the test. Also, what is the turn around time?
    Thanks!
    Beth
  9. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

That exam is nothing compared to their Fitness Nutrition exam. That program is six hours long. A lot of my friends are certified dieticians and nutritionists and a couple have taken the NHE fitness nutrition exam and said it was harder than the state requirements. They make sure that anyone possessing their certificate earns it and is a legitimate professional, the same as most of the ACSM and CSCS programs.

I hope you passed!
    [​IMG]
  10. duckylee

duckylee New Member

ChristinaM
    hi,
    I have gotten severs legit emails from the HR department saying I'm qualified to work for them, so I replied by telling them I'm interested in the Mentor and/or Content Writer position. I had sent my resume to them and requested an interview. I have not received anything from them letting me know about an interview.
    How long does it take to hear back from NHE?
    Also, have you ever worked as a Mentor or Content Writer?

Any help on this would be great, thanks!
  11. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

I think the emails you are referring to are relating to your resume. They don't say you are qualified, they just say that your expertise correlates. It isn't as though you have won a job through some type of resume drawing or something. NHE will still need to speak to you directly and then they'll put you through the ringer to be sure your are a legitimate professional. It's one of the many differences between NHE and almost everyone else. They take everything very seriously.

To answer your question, I write for them and have done so for a while now. I provide template programs for FCA locations and I do some curriculum writing for them as well.
  12. muypicante

muypicante New Member

Does anyone currently work for NHE?
    Do they offer health insurance? maternity leave? benefits etc???
    Just curious - i am thinking of applying for a position with them.
  13. ChristinaM

ChristinaM New Member

You don't need to join a forum to ask these questions. You should just contact them directly. If you have contacted them and have received no reply, it is probably because they are not interested in pursuing your or the position has already been filled. Good luck.