No. 1 Mistake which MLM/HomeBiz people make while marketing online

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by vivek mehrotra, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Hey guys,

I want to write about the most common mistake people do while marketing on FB.
    Talking about the home business industry, most people just go out there are spam their affiliate links all over social media.

Spam repels people. Period.
    if you spam, you are not marketing, you are making people run away from you.

Here are 4 kinds of things you can post.

1. Content which helps you target market. (preferably, share your blog link)
    eg- if you have a weight loss product, write about weight loss, to attract people who want to lose weight, so that you can sell them.

2. inspiration- motivational stuff- videos etc.

3. other people's blogs, good content which helps people.

4. entertainment- viral videos.

As you begin to share content, you attract people instead of making them run away from you (in case of spamming).
    You create rapport and responsiveness, people become OPEN to doing business with you....

What do you think?

2. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree about spam. You want to contribute to discussions, like other people's pages and posts, and take the time to get to know others. It's all about networking. :)

Chris Garcia likes this.
  3. exactly, networking. Its a "people" business after all!

4. Ron Scott Jr |

Ron Scott Jr | New Member

I totally agree. it is definitely a turn off when some one is posting their affiliate link all over the place.

5. Dereco Cherry

Dereco Cherry Member

Yes you are right spam does turn people off and is not a very effective way to market, in fact it is the worst way you could market. This is a solid business building list you laid out here. Good stuff.

6. Thanks for reading Dereco!

7. exactly.. :)

8. Von

Von New Member

I agree 100%. There are good jobs that are out there but because so many people get on website and spam out, causes those people that have legit companies to help others make money seem unreal.

9. Clarissa Connor

Clarissa Connor New Member

Thanks for you advice. I couldn't agree with you more.

10. HABS

HABS New Member

This is great advice but it's important to find a balance between giving free stuff away and actually doing some business. It's great throwing around moti-memes and helpful advice but the problem is that you also need to be doing business every day to keep your home business afloat. Just because you offer advice or a saying or a video does not mean everyone will flock to your affiliate link or turn up in droves to your web store. People will love you if you provide 3 things: Helpful content, helpful advice and helpful products at a good price.

I guess the point for new marketers here is more about content balance than it is about what NOT to do. "Spam" is a word that gets thrown around to the point where good, honest affiliates start feeling like they're committing a crime when all they want to do is make some money. It's NOT a sin to make a living but it IS a sin to badger your prospects. People know now that they can get a goldmine of useful stuff for free on the Web, so it's important that your advice, content and products shine much more brightly than what's available for free. Your customer is no longer stupid or blind to the Web. But never give up experimenting, note what works and repeat it and keep using it till it no longer works, then rinse and rebuild. Good luck.

11. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Agreed, too much spam out there, robo calls, text ads, all of it makes me sick and I would never make a purchase from any of those who market using the helter skelter hit and run strategy.

You have to give to receive, and nobody likes to be sold, they prefer to be told about your product or service, educate them, do not sell them based on spam.

Success to all,

12. Ken_Cloutier

Ken_Cloutier New Member

Well said! By continuing to add value and help people overcome their main needs, wants, desires, struggles, etc., they will begin to know, like, and trust you. People will buy from you or join your biz when they have the know/like/trust factor with you! I have found that videos is the fastest way to achieve this!