Not getting backlinks?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by almedajohnson, Oct 24, 2010.

1. I am doing daily SEO activity for own of my site in good sites but I am not getting any backlinks. I am really worried about it and don't understand what to do? can anyone help me in this case?

Any response will be appreciable.
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

What kind of SEO are you doing?

Here is what I do for backlinks... maybe some of them will work for you.[IMG]

1) write articles, submit to article directories and link back to my site
    2) create Squidoo lens with links back
    3) submit my url to tons of directories
    4) comment in forums
    5) exchange links with other sites of similar content
    6) submit rss feed to rss directories
    7) write more articles [IMG]
  3. talfighel Silver Member

One of the best ways to get backlinks to your site is through article marketing.

When you do create your own, you will want to submit your articles to as many article directories as possible.

This is one of the best ways to get backlinks to your site for free and this strategy is very effective.
  4. Justine New Member

If you do article marketing you should be getting backlinks really quickly. If you want to see the backlinks fast, choose the established directories, with high PR, such as Ezinearticles, Articlebase.

I fully agree that this strategy is very effective[IMG]
  5. shiz101 New Member

Yeah I totally agree with these guys, article marketing is a great way to get backlinks. Submit to places like ezinearticles, goarticles, article alley. They all have high page ranks. Use squidoo as well. I really like how squidoo allows you to create link modules. Why not link back to all the articles you have created at the bottom of any of your squidoo lens? Not only are you directing traffic to your articles, you're creating backlinks for articles as well. Don't forget the link to your website as well[IMG]
    Good luck[IMG]
  6. jazbo New Member

Are you actually trying to build backlinks, or are you saying you are creating content but nobody is linking to it, or are you saying you have built backlinks but they are not showing up in yahoo site explorere/google webmaster tools?
  7. kane1976 New Member

Article marketing has to be at the top of the list to get backlinks, but you could also try blog commenting.

Search for blogs on the same subject/niche as your website, and then leave sensible comments.

You will need to read through the blog post to get an idea of what to write, dont just copy what other commentors have written, even if you make it slighty different.

A genuine well written comment will always be approved.
  8. domonic New Member

All these ideas are what I'm doing also. I'm new to the whole seo thing but I'm getting there. I'm starting to see results.
    Another thing that I do is to make sure I ping my comments or articles to make sure google index's em faster.

Great content guys, keep up the good work!
  9. jazbo New Member

You need to start with the basics. Sites like SEOmoz have very good guides to the basics of linkbuilding.
  10. ThinkBig New Member

To answer your question better, I'd have to know what "daily seo activities" you are doing. Can you elaborate?
  11. katereber New Member

Keep working on it, and try to look for some reason why you're not getting backlinks. Maybe after finding the problem sooner you will get backlinks.. Lots of great and helpful tips around here.

Good day to all. [IMG]
  12. jamess Member

Article marketing is very effective in this and create some blog and update these with content regularly..
  13. Adrian Member

Maybe invest in some backlinking software. To help you get more backlinks.
  14. Just2EZ Gold Member

#1 in my book is SHARING BUTTONS top and bottom of every post/page.
    Vishal recommended "AddThis" (free) and it is the best I have used.
    They have a WordPress plugin or you can use an HTML version.

Once you have them installed, USE THEM to share your own pages on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.
    Soon you should see a viral sharing start to grow IF your content is worth sharing.
    You can track the shares at AddThis plus it shows a counter on some buttons.
    Too many good sites, even commercial, don't have an easy share button.
    Make it just too easy (and obvious) for them to click SHARE.
    Vishal P. Rao likes this.
  15. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

Very true! Don't underestimate the power of social media. If I hadn't placed sharing buttons on my blog, I wouldn't have seen the growth.
  16. almedajohnson,I believe it best if you share what SEO techniques have been doing.

Getting quality back links can be done with these:

Article Marketing - create unique, original and fresh articles and post them to article directories. It may take time but it is worth it.
    Online Press Release
    Blog Commenting
    Video Marketing - publish videos on youtube but make sure that these videos are of value
    Social Media Exposure - There are a lot of facebook, twitter, google +, linkedin, stumbleupon users out there, use them to your advantage