NOT GOOD

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by iggyigette, Aug 5, 2008.

1. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Not to change the subject but it appears that the AG and DOJ are making examples of MLM's they just took down one of the biggest and well known travel MLM's called YTB!! And I think it was today.

My our tax dollars at work, doesn't this make you feel more secure folks??
  2. hammerx3

hammerx3 New Member

3. hammerx3

hammerx3 New Member

4. scottyyang25

scottyyang25 New Member

5. scottyyang25

scottyyang25 New Member

Beneath the video player Scroll down to "Gadsden business raided" and take a looksy...
  6. nkelly

nkelly New Member

opendomain: If it sounds too good to be true chances are that it is.
    OMG. That is too true. I knew that and still invested $7k I am so stupid.
  7. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

nkelly: OMG. That is too true. I knew that and still invested $7k I am so stupid.

I don't think you should kick yourself for your "investment"/"Ad purchase".

The question is NOT "is it too good to be true". The question is "Is it Legal?"

What is "Too good to be True" or not is really a subjective opinion.

What is Legal or Not...that's where the rubber meets the road...

And we're all about to find out soon (hopefully soon and not 4 years from now)
  8. cowboy58

cowboy58 New Member

Courage is being scared to death But saddling up anyway
    John Wayne

Do we cut and run or do we stand? I am going to stand.
    I hear a lot of BS all I know is I have had businesses fail and I have worked for businesses that failed.
    Andy and ASD have been good to me and the people I know.
  9. kec

kec New Member

nkelly: OMG. That is too true. I knew that and still invested $7k I am so stupid.

You know, if a truly educated businessman had started asd and made sure that:
    1. all websites in the rotator were really advertising
    2. that money was always re-invested into the company so that it had money to pay its members forever
    3. had software that worked and a website that was down and slow all the time
    4. that other sources of income for the company was already in place
    5. That checks were put in to make sure they delivered what they should
    6. that the owner of he company had a real track record for sucess

we wouldnt all be here having lost money. This concept asd has is great and we should all be able to make a living this way---

But the wrong guy was at the helm and it is a mess with as many holes and inconsistencies as swiss cheese.

So dont feel bad--as a 'business' this was a great idea and one I would do again...with a legit. guy in charge.

Andy might be a nice guy and all....but he hurt a lot of people...again.
  10. dbass2

dbass2 New Member

kec: Andy might be a nice guy and all....but he hurt a lot of people...again.

Andy is not a nice guy. He is a crook:, plain and simple. He intentionally set out to steal our money from Day 1. He belongs in a jail cell.

[​IMG]
  11. kec

kec New Member

dbass2: Andy is not a nice guy. He is a crook:, plain and simple. He intentionally set out to steal our money from Day 1. He belongs in a jail cell.

yeah--you are right.....a con.

I was just giving a little sugar to all those still writing how much they believe in him....
  12. dbass2

dbass2 New Member

I am in shock that there are still people defending him. At this point, how could anyone think he actually had good intentions? All he ever cared about is his bank account. The people defending him must have a large sum of money invested and really want to believe he is a good man just so they can recover their money. Or, they cannot accept that they have been duped!

Give it up people, most of us got screwed, take the lesson learned and move on!

[​IMG]
  13. alasycia

alasycia New Member

Here we go again. Had anyone thought - that the reason that the State started taking an interest in ASD was because a lot of people decided to use an advertising company as an investment company. and started being very greedy? The company is being attacked for money laundering!! Fortunately ASD is not in that business and the only ones apart from the members who will lose out if they are closed down will be the IRS who stood to make a lot of revenue from the taxes due from members.

Greed is a terrible thing. ASD is not just suffering from the State Departments attack, it is being attacked by the people who ignored the company's concept 100% and are now screaming about their "investments"

Those of us who put into our advertising what we could afford to pay, including many people who are know receiving great rewards for the time they have spent with them, were gaining financial freedom. PLEASE dont tell me that a guy who spends 100,000$ on advertising needs financial freedom.

There is no case closed. The investigation has just begun.

Isnt it time for the members to fight back?
  14. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

I still wanna know what Jewel he purchased for $51,000 with ASD BOA account
  15. opendomain

opendomain New Member

I think you may have answered your own questions. Is ASD an investment or an advertising company? How did ASD portray themselves? I believe it's a bit early to be claiming ASD is a scam and a bit early to proclaim ASD as martyrs to big government as no one at ASD has been charged and at the same time there really is no way for anyone to know exactly what ASD has been doing...other than it's owners. You'll forgive me if I don't lend to much credence to the owners of a company under investigation as anyone under investigation is going to claim they are innocent.

If ASD does come out of this imagine all the damage your are causing to yourself as a representative simply because you and many other "pro-ASDers" are fighting tooth and nail for something that has lost its credibility. Lay low, till ASD is cleared, lend an encouraging word and in the end it will probably prove more profitable for you.
  16. nkelly

nkelly New Member

Jenny, here you go again. The company was avoiding using the word investment to try and latch onto some degree of legitimacy, but the truth is it was an investment for all of us. If you wanted to advertise your website you could have done so much cheaper elsewhere. But this paid you back and as you say, people wanted to make a living from it. The fact that you are so paranoid about calling it an investment leaves me gob smacked. If I buy a new TV I call it an investment. If I spend $200,000 on advertising in a year (which I do) I call it an investment. If my company or I spend any money for anything, it is still an investment. Nobody is saying its in a bank account, stock or another financial instrument. It is an investment all the same.
    The ONLY thing that fueled ASD was greed. It is the American way. The whole society revolves around money. Add to that a con man like Andy and you have a recipe for disaster. Hiding behind God makes it even worse. As a fellow ex-pat English person I implore you to see this for what it is and get real. Please!!!!!
  17. nkelly

nkelly New Member

And as I said before. If you think its such a great business model, why don't you start your own? Use the exact same rules and you don't need a thing to start. No money down and you can make millions. Go on, I dare you!!