Odesk.com?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by fireman5214, Mar 3, 2013.

1. fireman5214

fireman5214 New Member

Has anyone heard of ODesk.com? My friend has worked for a company off them and got paid on a timely manner. She had to meet with her boss 2 times a week via Skype she lives in Phillipines, her boss was from a Co. located in Australia. She was a "virtual assistant" or as she called it an online secretary where she provides professional administrative, technical, or creative (social) assistance to clients remotely from a home office. She did say to check each individual company before you apply for the job though. She said it should be legal in USA since MOST jobs are posted from the USA as well. She knows others who have gotten a job from there as well. If anyone had any experiences with this place or give your opinions on what you see via the link I have provided for review, could you please reply to the thread? https://www.odesk.com/
    Here is their recognition page: https://www.odesk.com/info/about/press/recognition/
  2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I'm friends with a few developers who have gotten sone really good paying contract positions through ODesk. There may be a number of opportunities there for you based upon your education and experience.
  3. fireman5214

fireman5214 New Member

Wow thanks, I thought it was too good to be true. I just don't want to get scammed like all of us here so thank-you payment proof for your feedback, it is appreciated. I do a lot of grant writing for the fire co, do you think that would help on the profile? I have been successful in getting grant 6 yrs in a row through PA Fire Commissioner and 1 through Dept. of Forestry Services.
  4. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

If it were me, I'd certainly play up that experience and your success with grant approvals.

Good luck. :)
  5. motivate

motivate New Member

I love ODesk. Although I have never did any work for them, I do outsource my work to them like Article Marketing, SEO, Link Building, and more. They are many professionals over on Odesk that do a great job and the prices are are very
    reasonable. If you need any work done, I do recommend them. :)
  6. CatherineK

CatherineK Member

I agree, oDesk is a very reputable site
  7. westfam11

westfam11 Member

I have used Odesk for outsourcing also. Not sure how it works to do work for them though.
  8. I have people working for me via odesk. They are paid every week. ;) I have found jewels on that site and their hourly rates are cheap.

My employees advised me that odesk gets a 10% commission on their salaries.
  9. wiseme11

wiseme11 New Member

We use Odesk either to outsource our work or to search for a job or task. Your friend is work under employment and not bid for the job in the odesk or outsource her work. Odesk is a reputed company for many years and many freelancer will put up their profile here to get a job to earn extra income.
  10. aspire2sucess

aspire2sucess New Member

Hi,
    I'd be interested in how you employed the outsourcing services?