Offline Marketing....It Works!!

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by mcamoneylp, Aug 18, 2013.

1. mcamoneylp

mcamoneylp New Member

I know a lot of people who have an online business and only promote their business online. Which is fine but you need to target the people that are not online......believe it or not....there are a lot of people who still don't use a computer to find what you want them to look for!!

LOL..........but seriously.......I use a lot of offline marketing to promote my online business and trust me people......IT WORKS. You guys can put ad decals on your vehicles, post cards work very well, business cards, flyers, word of mouth............things of that nature. I just thought that people can benefit from this because sometimes we focus too much on just the online thing.......that we forget that there are thousands of other prospects right outside the door.

2. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Active Member

This is true! Many people in my own opportunity fuss day in and day out they don't have enough places to post or that they aren't getting enough calls from the ads they post. Even though working the opp still does require a computer in my case; you still can promote offline to get those calls in!!! Like my mentor says, you don't have to worry about flagging or ghosting when you are posting flyers in your local supermarket or placing drop cards on cars in the parking lot! You also have a captive audience when you do so because since many don't venture out to promote offline, there isn't much competition out there!!!!

3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I've had some good results posting flyers with tear off tabs to public bulletin boards. Offline and Online Marketing should be considered in any marketing plan! :)

4. Fabulousmiranda

Fabulousmiranda New Member

You are right about that! I'm enjoying the online part of it for now, but I do agree, word of mouth marketing, flyers, cards, vehicle decals....yep, they work too!

5. bluetexas

bluetexas Member

One of the first things I learned about MLM, I found it much easier to interest people I spoke with in person versus promoting online.

6. whitney black

whitney black Member

YEs it definitely still works! This is a great reminder, I need to start doing this again. I had great success with it when I was first starting otu.

7. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

I agree. Lately I am noticing more and more people doing offline marketing. It has gotten to where the internet marketing is too much at times. Go figure! I now do offline marketing with direct mail postcards. I've thought about putting something on the rear window of my car, but my husband hates this kind of thing so if I do have to find something not too big or flashy. Has anyone had success with this on their vehicles?

8. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

As long as people are walking around in the 3D world one should do some form of offline marketing. There are so many ways to marketing and one does not have to limit themselves to online marketing. A mix of both can provide consistent lead flow and sales/sign ups.

If offline marketing and direct mail marketing no longer worked we would not be receiving all that junk mail still :D

9. Art

Art Member

It works the other way as well - if you have an offline business, you can promote it online (of course :p) but also promote your online stuff related to your business offline.
    I heard a great example about a restaurant that got hundreds of people to subscribe to their email newsletter simply by leaving an iPad in the lobby of the restaurant with the email form open for the guests to sign up.
    Super simple but also very effective!

10. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

I also agree! Marketing Offline gets you results so much quicker since people see you in real life and relationships are built in real life much quicker then the internet...