OLIVE OIL BLUEBERRY CAKE

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by maree43, Jan 7, 2011.

1. maree43

maree43 New Member

This is an absolute winner with everyone I know - enjoy [​IMG]

Please note, this recipe is in Australian metric measurements.
    Either go to http://www.pastrywiz.com/conversion.htm or google a site of your own if you need to change. 

Serves 10
    4 eggs, at room temperature
    2 cups caster sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla essence
    1 cup extra light olive oil
    1 cup apricot nectar
    3 cups plain flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    300g fresh or frozen blueberries
    icing sugar, to serve

Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Grease and line a 4cm deep, 28cm x 22 cm (base) cake pan.

Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla on high speed for 3 minutes or until mixture is pale and thick. Stir in oil and apricot nectar.

Sift flour and baking flour over egg mixture. Gently fold in dry ingredients until just combined.

Pour half the mixture into prepared pan. Top with half the blueberries. Pour over remaining cake batter. Top with remaining berries. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.

Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature dusted with icing sugar.

Variation: Blueberries can be replaced with canned fruit if preferred ( yuck...up to you if you want!)

2. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Mmmm. That does sound delicious Maree. I love blueberry pancakes, etc., and this really makes my tastebuds tempted. [​IMG] I'm really supposed to be watching my weight at the moment. I'll have to remember to try this for a treat some time, though.

Blessings,
    Angie

3. maree43

maree43 New Member

Yes Angie - a little of everything in moderation is a good thing [​IMG]

Enjoy!