On the look out for Legitimate Work at Home Websites

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by dl_stpierre, Dec 19, 2011.

1. dl_stpierre New Member

Many of you out here on the forum have been here for a very long time. Even though I'm a newbie, I've accumulated a lot of information in a few months, but I can use some help getting solid information.
    There are a ton of scams posted throughout the internet. I am always looking for legitimate sites that I can review. If you have a site that you think is worth investing some time looking into please let me know. Alternately, If there is a website that you think is a scam. I would love to look into it. Thanks
  2. PeterFrosen New Member

I'm pretty happy with my IM business. I learned everything I learned from them and they offer a legitimate business model.

I make money online doing the following:

1. affiliate marketing: dating guides for men, Amazon reviews and health niche

2. flipping websites, buying and reselling websites

3. local marketing for businesses. making sites for businesses, fan pages, mobile sites and optimizing them for keywords.

4. outsourcing online jobs and reselling them.

Making money online is awesome.
  3. talfighel Silver Member

If I were you, I would get into some sort of an MLM company online.

Affiliate programs that pay you once is just like a job. When you stop promoting, your income stops too. That is not the way to go.

MLM is great.

J.Paul Getty, the famous BILLIONAIRE says:

I would rather earn 1% off the efforts of 100 people then 100% off the efforts of myself.

This should be your motto too online.
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I've done both MLM and affiliate marketing and I personally prefer the latter as I don't like to contact people ( and you DO have to connect with people if you want to do MLM successfully!)

But anyways, if you build something right online - you can make money with affiliate marketing and adsense for a long time off our efforts. There are days that I make sales and have no idea where they came from ( and that may be because I am a lowsy 'sales tracker put in placer' [IMG])

I love affiliate marketing. [IMG]

edited - to change some glaring grammar errors
  5. RICH4NURICHE New Member

dl_stpierre, what kind of "solid information" are you looking for? Also, reviewing websites can be overwhelming. What exactly is your goal if you don't mind me asking?
  6. dl_stpierre New Member

mountainmom5
    I kind of like affiliate marketing myself as well. MLM can be very profitable but I'm too much of a recluse one on one. [IMG]
  7. dl_stpierre New Member

RICH4NURICHE
    I'm not trying to review every website that is offering work on line. I am trying to find good work from home opportunites that I can share with others. I review them with a short video and post a link to them on my site.
    Those that I think are Scams I video the bust and expose them.
  8. happywife Gold Member

dl_stpierre: I'm not trying to review every website that is offering work on line. I am trying to find good work from home opportunites that I can share with others. I review them with a short video and post a link to them on my site.
    Those that I think are Scams I video the bust and expose them.
    Have you checked out SBI yet? Once you look into it and determine that they are an outstanding business building company for those who want to work from home (which they are), you can become an affiliate and place your review on your site as you described.

Besides making your own videos, they provide a ton of videos by other SBIers that you can use as promotional tools as well (with your own affiliate link embedded).

They have a lot of affiliate tools available for your use as an SBI affiliate, and of course, some really good free affiliate training materials, too. Pretty much a win-win for you.

Blessings,
    Angie
  9. FreeCashMan Active Member

I looked at your site and I saw that you had some of the most successful companies in network marketing listed as not recommended.

I realize you are looking to promote your site as a review site, but I'm wonder how do you come to a conclusion to not recommend a particular business opportunity.

If you are going to do reviews then breaking down your perspective and pros and cons would be an ideal way, imo, especially when you are suggesting to someone not to pursue a certain well established home business opportunity.

Far too many people, not saying you, cry scam with absolutely no foundation to their claims. It's important to provide a break down of one's perspective in a review or recommendation.
  10. dl_stpierre New Member

FreeCashMan
    I understand what you are saying. Just because I don't recommend it doesn't mean that it is a bad company to work for. Income at home.com is a good example. They are a reputable site. But they won't even tell you what they do until you sign up with them and spend $40. I know that it is an Herbalife distributor, but not every one who invests their money in them is aware of it. It's a good MLM to work for, but if you are not prepared to do that kind of work on line. You just wasted $40 that you might not have. Then you have to spend more money on products that you may or may not have the investment capital to do it with.

I agree that I need to break down the perspective better with Pros and Cons. I think that it is a great idea. Ultimately what I want to do is that very thing with all the sites that I list.

A lot of people make great money with MLM. Some are just not prepared for it. Maybe I should put a different catagory along with the break down.
  11. dl_stpierre New Member

happywife
    I will deffinately look into SBI thanks.
  12. dl_stpierre New Member

FreeCashMan
    I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your review of my site. I am still working on it and tweeking at it. Your input really helps a lot.

Thanks again.
  13. dl_stpierre New Member

PeterFrosen
    Thanks I have been to the sight several times. They really have a great set up.