Opinions on online surveys

Discussion in 'Paid Surveys' started by Kelsey, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Kelsey

Kelsey New Member

More and more people are saying that online surveys are becoming a waste of time. I have been lucky enough to be able to use online surveys to make my income, and have been going fine (the sites I use are listed on my blog, link below). Does anyone else use online sites to make their living? Any suggestions on ways to maximize my earnings?

2. clayfell12

clayfell12 New Member

Hi Kelsey I was just wondering what surveys do you do that you are able to make a living from? I have tried many and just never seem to make anything worth putting a lot of time into. One thing that I have found useful though are focus groups. I have made some money doing in person focus groups but nothing really of value online.

3. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

I've been making money with online surveys for almost 7 years. The best advice I can give is do your research to find good sites, and only use sites that are totally free.

4. wiseme11

wiseme11 New Member

It will be really waste of time if you purchase or join those site that offer you empty promises.
    There will provide you many paid survey site that is not relevant nor available to your country.
    You keep checking your email but nothing receive. One thing I do know that you need to join with many paid survey companies in order to earn money. If you have really good site..share with us..let other who are insterested can earn as well. ;)

5. chocliv

chocliv New Member

I wouldn't say I make a living out of it.. But it's nice to be able to get some extra "cash in pocket" that you wouldn't have had anyway. :)

payment proof likes this.
  6. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Active Member

Made a living from online sites? Yes I have. Made a living from surveys? No one truly can. I would never say that true Surveys are a waste of time, as it can get you some pocket change here and there. But the simple fact is no one person can qualify for every survey out there, so there will never be any consistency with earning from surveys.

So my suggestion to you is that if you are looking to earn substantial income from your home, look into other jobs and/or opportunities that can actually make you consistent and substantial money, while still doing the surveys. Again its not a waste of time as Chocliv said, it gives you money that you wouldn't have had otherwise. You just can't depend on it as each survey calls for different demographics, and no person fits all demographics.

7. Rhianna

Rhianna New Member

I never found online surveys were able to make a sustainable income for me, many of them also took a lot of time to do, therefore I had to search for something new. For me I just searched around for an opportunity that interested me and that I felt comfortable doing and went for it! I get great commissions and a residual income with what I do now but most importantly I enjoy what I'm doing and I get so much more free time then I did doing surveys! Have a search around and test the waters, see what's out there!

8. Papuc Marius

Papuc Marius New Member

it is profitable to enter and waste your time make onlinesurveys?

9. bluetexas

bluetexas Member

From my experience paid surveys don't seem to be as lucrative as they were 6 or 7 years ago. I really liked earning a little extra "pocket change" in my spare time.

10. Katie322

Katie322 New Member

I currently earn an income taking surveys too. It's not much but it gives me the extra money to buy the little things I need. ;) To maximize your earnings I would set out a plan for every survey site your a member on. Start with 1 site complete as many surveys as you can then move on to the next site and so on. This is the method I use. :)

11. Panos

Panos New Member

You can make some good extra cash with paid surveys. You have to find some good sites with high pay rates and try to bring some referrals.

12. Raihan23

Raihan23 New Member

I think,it's all about filling in online surveys for cash and attending face-to-face focus groups. It's about focusing on those with decent payouts, low payment thresholds and a reliable volume of surveys.

13. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

Most the times they really are a waste of time, since many people can't really make a difference between bad survey sites and good ones.

14. payment proof

You do need to be very selective about the survey sites you use. I've been making consistent money this way for over 8 years.

Pick and choose. :)

SandraGJ likes this.
  15. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

The thing is, I myself don't really know how to distinct a good survey site from a bad one. All the articles on blogs I've came across so far say that you can earn money with surveys but none of them actually gives any valuable input on how to do that in reality.

16. payment proof

For me it's been about consistency. Belonging to a number of sites also helps. I'll focus on a few to several sites at a time. If one doesn't have a survey for me that day, I'll just switch it out with another.

Being truthful and providing consistent answers helps to ensure you continue to get more surveys.

As for determining a good site, legitimate sites are always free to join. That's #1. Also, look at things like a past proven payment history.

17. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

I never really got into doing surveys since I've heard a lot of bad experiences from people I know. I have a steady income right now so I don't think I'll get back to surveys anytime soon, but none the less, thanks for all the info. It's encouraging to hear that someone actually makes a good amount of money out of surveying.

18. Sam2476

Sam2476 New Member

I am currently writing a blog about my experiences with surveying to hopefully help out others in the same boat.
    I have already given a few the flick due to their low survey frequency/poor payout or even some which consistently boot you half way through which makes you want to quit surveying for good.

19. payment proof

It's important to find something that works for you and also something you like. That helps keep you motivated. Making a steady income online is the ultimate goal, no matter what you do. :)

Writing a blog about your personal experiences is a good idea. That way, others can see a real person who actually earns from doing this, and you can also share your tips. :)

20. Popche

Popche Member

Paid surveys work, it all depends on the sites, country and interest of that person. It is not that simple as a lot people are saying.