Opportunities to make money from home....

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by krismay21, May 15, 2009.

1. Happy2BHome

Happy2BHome New Member

Thank you Angie for your words of advice. I recently found another business to do at home and am loving it, but it does take a lot of time away from my kids. I know that it is a blessing that I can even stay home and I know I have to do everything in my power to be able to continue to be there for them. I do feel that the sacrifices now will be worth it in the future. I've never heard of a niche topic website and would be interested to get some more information on how to do that. I'm always looking for ways to help out my family.

Thanks again. [​IMG]

2. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Happy2BHome: I've never heard of a niche topic website and would be interested to get some more information on how to do that. I'm always looking for ways to help out my family.
    Basically, a niche topic website is a site that covers one particular subject (called a niche). Some are broader, some or more narrow. It's easier to make quicker progress in most cases when the subject is narrow. For instance, 'indoor herb gardening' as opposed to 'gardening.'

My first niche website is about the subject of chocolate candy. It's called chocolate-candy-mall.com. In my signature, you can see a couple of my other niche sites. I have more than one, which gives my brain a rest from thinking of one particular subject all the time. [​IMG]

Starting out, though, it's best to just stick with one and get if firmly established before branching out to another subject. Learning the ropes can be a little confusing and overwhelming, but there are free resources to help you get a basic understanding of where you'll be heading before you take the plunge.

I hope that clarifies things a bit for you. If you have further questions or interest, just ask.

Blessings,
    Angie

3. Happy2BHome

Happy2BHome New Member

Thanks Angie for the clarification. It sounds interesting. I will check out your sites in your signature. I'm always looking for new ideas.

4. apbenefits

apbenefits New Member

My advice to you when searching for a company, where you can start your own successful business with, look at these 5 things within the company:

1. TRENDS: (Top 3 successful business industries)
    *Work at Home Businesses - this is a $400 Billion Industry
    *Internet Marketing- A Trillion Dollar Industry
    *Discount Membership Programs to help Save Money
    (ex: Sams Club, Costco)

2.TIMING: Ask yourself these questions:
    *Are you better off the you were 6 mo. ago? 1yr ago? 5 yrs ago?
    *Is your current state economy effected you in a positive or
    negative way?
    *How Important is it in todays enviroment to reduce your cost of
    living and work within a budget?
    *If there was a company that could help you reduce your daily
    cost of operation or living expenses, while INCREASING your
    income would you want to know about it?

3.COMPANY:
    *Is it a start up company or a long term company?
    -start up companies:
    have more risks. You will be wondering if their products and
    software work? Training provided? Leadership?
    -Long Term Companies:
    ~They have a proven track record of their products/services being successful and in high demand, while being able to provide successful ongoing training to new people that join the company.
    ~Stability
    ~Created Millioniares
    ~Company is Nationally known and have great credentialing.

4.PRODUCT/SERVICES:
    Would you be interested in the company's services or product, even if they did not provide an opportunity to work from home?
    ~ If you were not interested in the product or service that is being offered in the company that you want to pursue, how are you going to be able to have others become interested? But if you use the product/service yourself and have your testimony to give, it becomes VERY VERY POWERFUL in your business. That is where you start to have a passion for what you are doing. If others see that you enjoy the product/service that is being offered, they will want to be part of it as well.

5.COMPENSATION PLAN:
    Is it a realistic amount of money that can be earned in a reasonable amount of time? Yeah, it sounds great if we can start a business and make 10,000 our first month, BUT how, where and who can actually provide that to you?
    Don't fall for the hype.

Once you do start working with the company and earning checks, give yourself a reasonable goal date and realistic income goal to achieve so you do not dissapoint yourself, ecspecially when you are starting out. Because remember you starting a business, working from the bottom to the top. It is going to take alot of patience and persistence to achieve your long term financial goals.

I hope this information helps when looking for a legitimate business to work from home.
    I used this same information when I wanted to start my business and looking for a company to join a year and half ago. Believe me, they surpassed it. So, if I can find it and be able to stay home with my kids everyday....so can you!!!

Good Luck!!

5. ihatebeingbroke

ihatebeingbroke New Member

I know I am so late replying to this post. I work for Liveops, Teletech, and was recently contacted by West. I've heard great things about Cloud10, Alpine Access, Convergys, and others. Here is the deal:

With Liveops and West you are paid per talk time. My first months working with them I only invoiced about $100 (factor in the headset, the independent phone line, and the $50 bg check and you see why I got discouraged). I looked for another one that paid hourly just to have a steady stream until I could build revenue with LO. I haven't worked enough to get in the $3000 a month club, but I do okay. They pay $.25 per talk minute and you have other opportunities like Pizza Hut, incentives, etc.

The Upsells are ridiculous!!!!!

Teletech pays every two weeks hourly (as well as for your training....LO doesn't pay for certification).

Here is the site that I started on:
    http://www.worldwideworkathome.com/customerservice.html

This person was kind enough to list LEGITIMATE work at home opportunities. I am a stay at home mom too.

6. coffee

coffee New Member

Focus on what you want. Believe that it can happen for you.

7. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

There are many proven opportunities out there to have a successful home business that will make you substantial money monthly, but success is very much dependent on the marketing plan for success.

Be sure to understand your marketing plan for success in your home business pursuits and that it is feasible for you and proven to work. Then stick to it and let goodness happen in due course.

8. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

This is a great thread. Every post has motivated me more and more. I can feel the passion from all involved. For my wife and myself our passion is travel. Travel has hundreds of opportunities on the market. Its also something that isnt difficult to sell. That's truly important as many that start home based businesses aren't well versed in sales.

My advice is to find something that is your passion, has a good pay plan and learn to keep your cost down as you generate leads and advertise. It sounds alot more difficult than it is. In addition you have a ton of resources on this forum to choose from.

Good luck to you all and look forward to see more post like this.

9. kathydob

kathydob New Member

Hi...I am new here but really enjoyed reading this thread. I am a firm believer in work at home opportunities and the greatest thing about being alive now...in the Internet age is that there are so many more opportunities available to anyone who wants to work at home....using their computers.

This of course provides FREEDOM! The kind of Freedom that has seldom been experienced before the age of the Internet. It really is an exciting time to be alive!

Bottom line is this:
    nothing will change in your life until you take the all important "action" step. Anyone can have dreams and ideas, but only those that move on those dreams and ideas will see fulfillment.

So, if you find some program or work at home opportunity that addresses your passion...RUN with it. Don't sit at home and think about it.

Just DO IT!
    Thanks for this wonderful forum....[​IMG]
    Kathy

10. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

kathydob: Hi...I am new here but really enjoyed reading this thread. I am a firm believer in work at home opportunities and the greatest thing about being alive now...in the Internet age is that there are so many more opportunities available to anyone who wants to work at home....using their computers.

there are lots of opportunities around. Just don't forget to ask questions and be as aggresive as you can to make it.

11. fenniesfy

fenniesfy New Member

how to promote my website?

12. stacey506

stacey506 New Member

Hi, Im new here and i have been looking through the site it seems wonderful with a lot of helpful people on here. A little bit about myself is that I am a single mother raising 4 girls and i was hoping to find something online to help out with my bills. Its so hard i have been scammed so many times.And its sad that someone would scam us single mothers.And i don't find it wrong that we want a better life for us and our kids that we don't think about weither its a scam.And all we can do is keep trying and keep fighting for that better life.And i will keep all single mothers who are strugging like me in my prayers and know that one day our dreams will come true for us.But i will ask for some help or advice if anyone knows of a great at home program that offers little or no start up cost i would deeply appreciate any input that you have and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

13. signorm68

signorm68 New Member

Yes, there is a lot of opportunities out there, but always always be careful, because there is scams about 10x more than real opportunities.

14. yasser

yasser New Member

krismay21: I am a single mother of two looking to make some extra income right from the privacy of my home. I am also a full-time student with dreams like everyone has...to travel the world and give my children the life I never had...This can come true. Don't give up on your dreams!
    I think the safest and smartest decision is to start selling on ebay..this is acually very good for moms and easy specially if you use dropshipping

15. nathanwe

nathanwe New Member

Hi there,

i really hope you can find an opportunit that will allow you and your kids to have the life you dream about. with the internet its definatly possible, you ust have to find a system that is legit out there. Just do your dilligence and im sure you will be very successful. It just takes putting your mind to it and doing it. So lets change today for a successful tomorrow.

16. bunny06

bunny06 New Member

Yes, that's the spirit. In this regard, I'd like to quote Mahatma Gandhi: 'The future depends on what we do in the present'.

17. sarah84

sarah84 Guest

i am trying to work at home, i pregnant, i have not got any money from internet yet, how could i change this?

18. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome Sarah - I tried to click on your link in your sig to see what you are doing and it wouldn't come up for me - I was gonna see if I can send you some pointers.[​IMG]

19. sarah84

sarah84 Guest

[​IMG], by the way, merry christmas to all! [​IMG]

20. RashmiP

RashmiP Guest

yes, there are many opportunities out there for a home business and I feel very blessed as a transcriptionist-a wonderful source of income that helps me to be with my family all the time. For me, transcription is a good career option for moms. Also, it requires little investment to start.