Outsourcing article writing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by JackieM293, Nov 16, 2010.

1. JackieM293

JackieM293 Member

I am interested in starting to outsource some article writing and wondered if anybody could share their wisdom or experiences in this area.

My knowledge's very limited other than that in my mind there are two basic options:

1) Pay humans to write articles to a brief which would include details of keywords.

2) Use "spinning" software to turn one article created by yours truly into tens of computer generated articles.

I am sure each have advantages and disadvantages underpinned by the trade-off between quality over quantity.

So, what's the view? I am very keen to build the momentum of my online efforts but am struggling to find the hours. Outsourcing some of my article work seems like a logical step to take.

What sites or programs do others recommend? Hopefully this will not open the gates for people to blindly pitch their own products as I am really looking to get behind the sales patter.

Thanks in advance

J
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Spinning software doesn't work very well, at least in my experience. If you are going to outsource, I'd recommend elance.com
  3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I personally like spinning articles myself rather than hiring someone to write them, but of course each to his own!

The UAW (Unique Article Wizard) was the best one I have ever used - it is amazing - and I have tried a bunch of them! - but it costs $67 a month...and I just may soon go back to using it, but I did find one that I like so far (in my sig) and it was a one time charge .. so am using it for now...
  4. JackieM293

JackieM293 Member

Thankyou.

I will probably try a few different routes to find my own preference starting with MountainMom's sig [​IMG].

Hopefully I'll be back with good news...

J
  5. I have articles written for me by a chap I found on Fiverr.com.

I use The Best spinner (cost $77 per year) to spin the articles and send them to multiple Blogs , Article Directories etc. through Magic Submitter.
  6. jamieseo

jamieseo New Member

There are thousands of writers that are happy to create articles for you.

The price to outsource varies a great deal depending on what level of quality you are looking for.

Personally I recommend getting high quality articles for your own site content and distribution to the more popular directories (eg Ezine Articles and Squidoo), and only using lower quality stuff for bulk submission to smaller directories.

CONTENT IS KING [​IMG]
  7. KB24

KB24 Member

forget about spinning articles most of those software don't work. If you do want tp spin your articles have a look at human rewriter..
  8. Selling7116

Selling7116 New Member

If it works for you do it!! For me it does not work I'll just end up going to the forums talking about how I scammed again.
  9. MotionTech

MotionTech New Member

I started out in freelancing writing, so I am going to recommend that. I have tried a few software spinners for articles and wasn't too impressed. You can find a lot of good writers online who will write quality articles for varying rates, some of which will be affordable for you.

I used to get writing work from Rent a Coder, but I think it is called Vworker now.
  10. onedumbaussie

onedumbaussie New Member

G'day,

I do a bit of this sort of work, I would suggest fiverr is a good place to start and also freelancer.com.

Fiverr is a great place as most of the writers are native english and experienced.

I don't like spinning software as some of the article's that come out are just terrible and unreadable. from what I have seen if you spin 300 articles not many people proof read all 300 and the result is another useless webpage that gets no traffic.

Hire a good SEO writer (Like me) and we will get you ranked and get you clicks if you know how to market and play the search engine game.

Good luck finding a writer and once yo get a good one stick with 'em.

Onedumbaussie
  11. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I do all of my own article writing, crazy I know. There is a method to my madness. My long term goal is to build credibility and a reputation in my niche. Eventually become a coach of sorts. If I source it out, no one else can capture my personality or way with words. I am looking to build relationships and trust. Simply said, it just won't be me. Good thing I love to write.

Long term satisfaction, over instant gratification.
  12. bhuff85

bhuff85 New Member

Fiverr is a good place to start. I've found a couple writers who write killer articles for just $5. Some providers even write a couple for $5. You have to weed through some people before you find a good writer, but you can strike gold sometimes, and that's when it's worth it.

Freelance boards are also good places to find writers, but these can be hit and miss. The more you're willing to pay, the better quality you can expect to receive (although this isn't ALWAYS the case, but usually is more often then not).

Don't waste time with article spinning. I've never seen a readable article from spinners. I've tried it, but by the time I've spun an article, I could've rewrote the same article twice and had better quality.
  13. LJameson

LJameson New Member

I began a Link / Article Directory a few years back. I now receive about 100 - 200 articles each month from spinners. The quality is so poor I rarely publish one.
  14. ThePhoenix

ThePhoenix New Member

Outsourcing article writing can get really expensive, especially since you need so many articles to be successful. And spinning software is not only ineffective, I also consider it unethical (admittedly, I did use it in the past, but it didn't get me anywhere).

My strategy is just writing a lot of articles myself, and making some of them especially high-quality so that they actually have a chance of driving some traffic.
  15. turnkey73

turnkey73 New Member

Article spinners seem to be more trouble then they are worth because the article comes out grammatically incorrect and I spend just as much time "hand writing" the article.

Outsourcing writing can be easy but I think it ruins the legitimacy of your website.
  16. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

If you are expecting your spinner to completely automate the process, then yes you will end up with crap. But if you are spinning your articles properly ie, re-writing each sentence 2-3 times and using alternate synonyms then Spinners do have their uses as a tool to do this.

The trick is to make sure that every version that you do makes sense and is as good a quality as the original article.
  17. Dana K

Dana K New Member

I just started article marketing, too. And I did buy a spinning/submission program highly recommended by someone I respect. Here's my experience.

The spinner did a respectable job, but 1) it took 3x as long to spin the articles well as it did for me to write them, and 2) the whole process felt kinda sneaky and manipulative. That's just me, though.

Before spinning, I took pride in my writing - making sure my words delivered exactly the right message, in the best way, and respected my reader's time and attention. Article spinning sacrifices quality for quantity. I'm not the world's best writer, but why churn out garbage and attach my name to it?

I'm still new at this, but it makes sense to offer quality articles to fewer (but high quality) directories. Google pays attention to the quality of sites linking back to our own. Shouldn't we?
  18. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Dana K: I'm still new at this, but it makes sense to offer quality articles to fewer (but high quality) directories. Google pays attention to the quality of sites linking back to our own. Shouldn't we?
    Do what your heart says, don't listen to your mind!

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this Dana. In this world of marketing, needs are created. The mantra for success is, keep things simple. In the quest for more and more and the desire to get everything fast, we tend to sacrifice the foundation on which success is built upon - quality and honesty. And if there's no proper foundation, no matter what you build, it'll come tumbling down.

Don't overwhelm yourself with technical stuff. Just stick to basics, create quality stuff and keep doing [​IMG] Success cannot help but come running to you.
  19. aplina

aplina New Member

English is not my first langauge , so l have outsource all the articles in my site. am using articlemission.com, just make sure to give them the details on the keywords you want to use.
  20. chukky27

chukky27 New Member

I haven't used article spinners. I write most of my articles myself. That way I know I can say things exactly as I want to. But I have used an article writing service in the past. I used 99centarticles.com. The articles were well written but I still had to reword a couple of things and correct a couple of spelling mistakes. But I would use them again if I had to. The price was really good also. I got 3 articles for between $10-$15. I believe writing your own articles is the best way to go if you have time. The longer you write, the better and faster you get. Hope this helps.