Outsourcing

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by braveheart2009, Oct 28, 2010.

1. braveheart2009

braveheart2009 New Member

Hi,

Does anyone successful outsource work to india or phillipines? I understand this is the fastest way to build a business online at a cost also less time consuming learning and testings and trying and losing money the experts who already have the knowledge have been there and done that.

Thx.
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I haven't really done a lot of outsourcing. I think it is best to try to do the work yourself, unless you lack the time or expertise in a particular niche - in these cases it is best to outsource. Also, with regard to hiring "experts" to do the work for you: chances are, if you are hiring someone through outsourcing, they are NOT experts, unless you are hiring them for something like web or graphic design. An expert is not likely going to put their services up for hire - if you can earn $100 per hour as an expert, why would you let someone pay you $10 per hour to do a project?
  3. aceonline

aceonline New Member

I actually have just hired a gal from the Philippines to do article writing and VA work for me (just this month). She is doing an amazing job, I tell her what needs done, and she does it. I hope to continue outsourcing to the Philippines, as my business continues to grow. I would like to eventually have them doing most of the work that am now having to do so that I can enjoy more free time.

Originally I was going to outsource just the article writing, but I find that hiring fulltime is so much more productive. [​IMG]
  4. jamieseo

jamieseo New Member

This is a topic I definitely want to chime in on [​IMG]

Outsourcing CAN be a great option...

But as GetaGrip stated: "it is best to try to do the work yourself"

I know that may sound weird from someone that runs their own outsourcing business, but outsourcing gets a bad rep because most people jump into it without really understanding how to use it to their advantage [​IMG]

There are three situations where outsourcing is a good idea:

1 - You do not have the skills or required software yourself

2 - You do not have the time

3 - You need something done as a "once only" thing and it is not worth learning how to do yourself

There are two traps that you need to avoid though.

Do not outsource everything in one hit!
    While that may be an option later for your business, when first getting started your order for deciding what to outsource should be:

1ST - do not have the skills AND hate doing that task
    2ND - don't have the skills

Only after that should you be looking at outsourcing other tasks [​IMG]

If outsourcing to save time you MUST be using the time saved to be working on something that earns more per hour
    This is a big one... while it may be cheap to pay someone $x per hour to do your work for you - this is ONLY a saving if you are able to use that hour to earn more than the $x you are paying.

For example:

Outsourcing your article writing and then watching TV for the 2 hours you saved = WRONG

Outsourcing your article writing and then using that 2 hours to do keyword research for clients = RIGHT

I have a mixture of workers from the Philippines, Bangladesh and the USA that I use both for outsourcing some of my own work, as well as to provide services to clients.

If you want you are welcome to visit my site below in order to get a free ebook on how to go about outsourcing successfully.

There no obligation to use my services and the free ebook provides extremely valuable information to you so that you can avoid getting ripped off or having nightmares with workers that just vanish :p
  5. Lisa1963

Lisa1963 New Member

We tried outsourcing twice. Got too many complaints about the language problems. Now we handle everything in-house. Customers want and expect to Customer service agents to be very knowledgable and have excellent English verbal skills.
  6. mreese601

mreese601 Member

If you plan on growing your business you will need a team of people to work with you to make things happen. First thing is learning what to do online. Understand it and then create a system that you able to pass alone to someone else to do.

What I'm learning is their are some key thing to do online to become successful. And you just have to be consistent in doing them. Ex. I don't like writing articles, now I know that if I want traffic to my websites that's a good way to get traffic. So instead of me trying to figure out how to write and article I just outsource it and it saves me time and money.

But you have to know what to do in order to have a successful business. Good luck!
  7. I use a chap I found on fiverr.com to write reviews and articles for me. Not all the time, but when I haven't got time myself.

Instead of outsourcing, I use Magic Submitter and Best Spinner to speed up all the grunt work.
  8. loganquinn

loganquinn New Member

I use plenty of Freelancers for link building from India, but I would NEVER trust an Indian or Phillipino to build a site or write content for me. (No offense to anyone.)

It's not that these guys are bad people; it's just their English isn't that good. I'd much rather hire an American writer who charges more and does a better quality job.

-Logan
  9. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

loganquinn: NEVER trust an Indian or Phillipino to build a site or write content for me.
    That is an extreme generalization!
    Many Indian and Phillipinos are very fluent in English, and other languages.
    Some are even English professors!

By all means if you are going to hire a writer check their work first.
    I see American educated Americans butcher the language daily.
  10. Chris Diamond

Chris Diamond New Member

Outsource, outsource, outsource!!! [​IMG]

That's key to getting things done, especially if you are running a business from home.

In Philippines, their entire school system is taught in English. Meaning, you want students to write content for you or that have some knowledge based on what you are looking for.

You can't just hire someone who does not know anything about what you need them to write... because it not worth much.

Now, you can train them, but it takes time. Leveraging the power of outsourcing can give you a really good advantage over anybody else.

Remember that your competitors are not to be feared, because they do not compete with you, they just try to make their business better.

The only competitor one can have is yourself. Outsource the hell out of everything that's not bringing money.
  11. ThePhoenix

ThePhoenix New Member

Just2EZ
    Just2EZ: That is an extreme generalization!
    Many Indian and Phillipinos are very fluent in English, and other languages.
    Some are even English professors!
    I agree completely! I have an Indian fellow who writes articles for me at a very low rate, $1/100 words, and the spelling/grammar is perfect. I also had an amazing Indian professor last semester at college who was one of the smartest professors I ever had.
  12. Jose Roman

Jose Roman New Member

Yes, outsourcing is great, just need to check finished product. The great thing is, while most of us in the states are sleeping, they are getting the work done.
  13. Rach72

Rach72 New Member

I definitely agree that you should learn to do everything that you need to before you start outsourcing, not only will you get a better idea of what you are looking for but you will also have a greater appreciation for the job that your team will do for you.

You will also appreciate the value of what they are doing - be prepared to pay for quality - if you can get a 500 word article written for $1 that is great quality and passes copyscape then hats off to you [​IMG]

It doesn't matter where you get your outsourcing done - it is up to you to get the quality of content that you need. Get examples of their writing and negotiate the first transaction with them so that you minimize your exposure to risk.
  14. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I personally don't do any outsourcing myself.

When you become very successful and can afford it, then you should do it.

Learn to do things yourself first.
  15. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

There's no reason not to hire good help when one can. Outsourcing can make a lot of sense but its not necessarily a walk in the park when it comes to getting things done.
  16. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I have outsourced the article spinning. I purchased a spinner and it just drove me crazy so I paid someone a few times to spin my existing articles. I also used a guy on fiverr to design an ebook cover. I also have a technical girl on my site. Other than that, I do it myself.
  17. yasser

yasser New Member

sometimes i go to freelancer.com for outsourcing
  18. Macaroon

Macaroon New Member

I've used outsourced developers in India and China multiple times in the past via elance and odesk.

The result is somewhat mixed.
    Positives:
    - Cheap
    - You can select a person/team with good reviews
    - They will get the job done relatively quickly

Negatives:
    - They can fix one thing for your at the cost of breaking several others.
    - They will only do the bare minimum to get your money and they won't impress you
    - Slight language problem

Bottom-line - you get what you pay for!
  19. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Okay if you going to make millions of dollars you better learn to outsource! You have to leverage your time! You only have 24hrs in a day! Your time is well spent on developing ideas! learning what you need to do and pay someone else to do it! But to start you need to learn what you need to do so you know if your outsourcer is doing a great job or not! Each person that you pay should be making you a min 15% return! Two books I would suggest to read is e-myth and 4hr work week! I outsource my article mostly to the phillipines. had some great success!
  20. sunnyblue

sunnyblue New Member

For outsourcing, you can join some freelance sites and you can find experienced persons as well, depending on their rating.