Pain, Depression, and Substance P

Discussion in 'Health' started by Just2EZ, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Substance P was first discovered in 1931 as the neuro-peptide responsible for carrying the pain signal to the brain. In the last dozen years there has been a vast increase of published research into the role of Substance P in both mental and physical disorders. Treatment options traditionally focus on blocking the pain signal on the receiving end. Reduction of Substance P production can only be accomplished by treating the cause of the pain.

Suppression of the brain's pain receptors with pain killers can lead to increased production and accumulation of Substance P around the receptors. Substance P production will continue to increase in order to signal the brain that something needs attention. Studies show high accumulations of Substance P in patients with stress, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, IBS, and many other common ailments.

Natural alternatives to deadly pain killers are available to aid in the reduction of Substance P in the body.
    First drain out the harmful sludge-shown to increase systemic inflammation, oxidative stress and insulin resistance-by removing all Trans-fatty acids and hydrogenated oils from your diet.

A 2005 review of the past 25 years of research on ginger's anti-inflammatory properties established that ginger helped to manage multiple biochemical pathways activated in chronic inflammation without blocking enzymes vital for maintaining healthy tissues, like NSAIDs can. Possibly one of the most exciting aspects of utilizing standardized Ginger extracts for chronic pain is its ability to affect Substance P in the central nervous system. In one study Substance P averaged three times higher in the cerebral spinal fluid of fibromyalgia patients, when compared to individuals without fibromyalgia.

Recent studies have shown extracts of Turmeric root, also referred to as Curcumin, to be the most powerful natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent available. In numerous studies Curcumin extracts anti-inflammatory abilities has been shown to be comparable to the potent drugs like hydrocortisone as well as NSAIDs, but without the safety issues.

Of course I would know none of this if I hadn't discovered RTPR and learned to treat the pain at the source instead of blocking the signal with NSAIDs like I had done for 40+ years. I feel lucky to be alive, and now I can enjoy living pain free and depression free thanks to lowering Substance P levels in my body.
    Try it, you'll like it.
    InJoy,
    jimmy

2. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Thanks for sharing that Jimmy. There's so much to learn and help educate the people.

3. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

I neglected to include some of my favorite Arizona native remedies...
    Cayenne is a powerful healer used by Native Americans for centuries,
    as is Prickly Pear Cactus, otherwise known as Nopale and sold by Trivita.
    Both have anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce Substance P.
    I get my cayenne from Red Devil Hot Sauce and make my own Prickly Pear syrup.
    We also BBQ the pads and eat them like hamburgers, burns off the needles.
    Prickly Pear is native to almost every country in the world.
    Mother Nature knows what we need.

4. weebitty

weebitty Member

Just2ez. I would agree that nature knows what we need as well. I just wish we could get back to that and identify what in nature we need. It is hard to self diagnose [​IMG] The drugs we get nowadays I think help to shorten our lives. Since my husband has been sick I have gotten a real education! He seems to not tolerate a lot of the drugs that they want to put him on. (I think sometimes that is a good thing) Know of anything for osteoporsis? Or at least an opinon on it. they want to put him on reclast but I am fighting that one. None of them do any good.

5. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

I used to think carbonated beverages were a leading cause but it's the other acids in sodas.
    You can put a tooth in a bottle of coke and watch it dissolve in a few days.
    Vitamin D is the main thing the body needs to assimilate the Calcium for bone health.
    Spinach, cheese, ice cream or yogurt, salmon or sardines all provide Calcium.
    Gentle exercise with the right diet is the best treatment in the long run.
    Kidney disease is a common factor, and most treatments harm the kidneys.
    As for prescriptions, they may cure you - if they don't kill you first.
    People die every day from overdoses of aspirin type products.
    If anyone takes any pills, please do not exceed the dosage.
    Especially with Tylenol which the FDA just cracked down on.

6. weebitty

weebitty Member

My husband has been on vitD like 7,000 units a day but that isnt' enough. He went on a 3 month therapy at 50,000 units twice a week. It came back up but didn't stay up at all. He is going back down again the doctor said to increase by 1,000 units and see if that would help. He is on Advair and I think that has alot to do with it myself. [​IMG]

7. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Sounds like his kidneys are not converting it properly.
    800 IU is the recommended dose for the elderly.
    Obesity, smoking, drinking, and not getting enough sunshine are the usual culprits.
    Heredity can also be a factor but it all comes down to the kidneys doing their job.
    Hopefully someone here has a deeper understanding and can help guide you/us.