Pay attention to your kids internet needs

Discussion in 'Raising Kids' started by Vilis, May 5, 2009.

1. Vilis

Vilis New Member

As a mother of school going adolescents, I am extremely concerned about my sons' internet communications. I need to know what all they are indulging in over the internet including their contact list. I want all their mails, incoming and outgoing to be routed through me. Is this possible for me without my sons coming to know of it, as I do not want to mess about with their privacy openly.

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Absolutely - there are programs that you can use to not only monitor their activities but it will also block stuff so that the internet is a safer place for your teens.

I would not be without it!

I think I have a link to one of the programs on my blog below - I'll have to go check now to see that it is actually still there! [​IMG]

3. Julsy

Julsy New Member

mountainmom is absolutely correct! I got our program that we use from Staples. Sorry I do not know the name of the program, but you can go into any staples store and tell them what you want and they will show you. You can use it and see everything your kids are doing on their computers anytime and they need never know!

4. mario

mario New Member

I understand your situation. It can be quite difficult handling growing kids as they get offended soon. You can definitely keep a watch on your sons' mails, incoming and outgoing and their contact list. Log on to www.kidsemail.org for full access and control of their email accounts. You can have your own password and reach out to their accounts.

5. Lauram

Lauram New Member

What a great idea....I'm not there YET, but my daughter, two, will be 'there' eventually and I want to protect her to the best of my ability!!