pay per click

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by rgov, Dec 19, 2008.

1. rgov

rgov New Member

So if I decide to use a pay per-click campaign to generate traffic does that mean I don't need to use the other strategies to get traffic like blogs, press releases, social bookmarking..ec. or are the designed to be used together? Thanks
  2. Seth

Seth New Member

the more the better [​IMG]
  3. rgov

rgov New Member

are most of you using the pay per click method?
  4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I would suggest starting out with the free methods of online marketing first, then move into pay per click after you have had some success with the free methods. The reason I say this is because most people lose their money with PPC advertising - its best to get into PPC advertising when you have some experience under your belt.
  5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I totally agree with getagrip....[​IMG]
  6. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

rgov: So if I decide to use a pay per-click campaign to generate traffic does that mean I don't need to use the other strategies to get traffic like blogs, press releases, social bookmarking..ec. or are the designed to be used together? Thanks

Hi Randy,

Technically, yes. You could stick to PPC only without regard to SEO and traffic driving methods. You could do well provided your PPC knowledge is high.

However, I strongly recommend against this approach. For one thing, SEO is both free and effective. Same is true with standard traffic driving methods.

Furthermore, the methods you've mentioned are not just about driving traffic - you'll also get backlinks to your site. That'll help with Page Rank.

Bottom line = SEO your pages and use the traffic driving methods you've mentioned (plus whatever additional traffic driving methods you can come up with that are worthwhile). Do this first and always use this in every campaign.

Once you develop quite a bit of expertise in PPC, consider using it. Fund it from the money you make from free methods. PPC comes later.

~Newbie Shield~
  7. rankelvin

rankelvin New Member

Great info newbie shield...[​IMG]

It helped me out. Cool.
  8. 040107

040107 Member

Use everything available to you, especially the free one![​IMG]
  9. leealexis

leealexis New Member

Hey there..

pretty much everythinig have been said. however, here's my 2 cents:

when you first started, master only one technique first until you are pretty well with it, before you try the technique.

Be it..
    PPC
    SEO
    Article Marketing

Focus is the key [​IMG]