PayPal and StormPay

Discussion in '1StepSystem' started by tmccutche, Mar 26, 2006.

1. tmccutche

tmccutche New Member

Hello Folks,

I hope your 1stepsystem is working out as good as mine. I want to say first of all that this posting is in no way an advertisement for me to make any commissions. I want to simply inform the 1stepsystem brotherhood to be aware of PayPal mostly and StormPay. I don't know much about StormPay since I never did much sales with them. I have been involved in a few online ventures with 2 up systems that have worked out well, and ebay sales were pretty good as well.

My expierence with PayPal is that they always side with the buyer. I have had my account frozen twice from them because of chargebacks from buyers. I contacted PayPal resolutions department about the situation and they simply stated that they do not support virtual products. This means that anyone can order a website from you, pay you through paypal, and within 90 days state that they didn't like the product and therefore want a refund. PayPal will simply take the funds out of you PayPal account, without your authorization, and freeze your account. If you have no balance in your PayPal account, they will place a lien on your PayPal account until you pay them back your money.

What this means is the person who bought your virtural product, whether it be a website, a course, an ebook, software download or whatever is virtual, can enjoy their product for free, courtesy of PayPal and you are left with nothing. I know this first hand because it has happended to me. Even with physical products, such as ebay transactions, your money is automatically revoked by PayPal until you can prove that the product was delivered in the condition that you advertised it on ebay. Meanwhile your funds are held by PayPal until the buyer proves that they have received the merchandise.

When I joined the 1stepsystem I told my sponsor that I will absolutely not use paypal to pay for the system. I recommend that he get a merchant account that when a new customer wants to pay by credit card, that the money automatically goes into your account. You see PayPal is not a bank and doesn't have to follow Federal banking guidelines when it comes to your money. I recommend that you check out a website that I found that will share additional similar horror stories about PayPal ripoffs that I have personally expierenced. Visit http://www.paypalwarning.com

You will see a banner in the upper left hand side of the page that will take you to http://www.free-merchant.com . It's free to sign up and you can be up and running, within 24 hours, accepting credit card orders that go directly into your bank account instead of PayPals dictatorship site. They are also easy to integrate into your 1stepsystem order page. My sponsor signed up and within a couple minutes, received my qualification payment. He was very excited about this solution and was going to share it with his business associates.

In closing, I want to say again that I am in no way affiliated with these two recommended websites except that I am a happy customer with my 1stepsystem order page. I want to wish all of you the best of luck with the 1stepsystem. It's truly awesome.

Regards,

Terry McCutcheon

[Link removed - Admin]

2. driver

driver New Member

I just recieved an email from David Track, you may know is the top producer for Feb, with 94 sales,here is what he has to say about paypal/storm pay,
    Hello All,

My name is David Track, and many of you may recognize my name as one your collegues at the 1SS. You are receiving this email from me, because you are among the top performers of the 1SS. I wanted to inform everyone about our current situation with PayPal. Last night, PayPal froze my account, and are holding my funds for 180 days due to the following reason: "The PayPal User Agreement states that PayPal, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to close an account for any violation of the User Agreement, including the Acceptable Use Policy. Under the Acceptable Use Policy, you may not use PayPal to send or receive payments for any form of multi-level marketing programs (including online payment randomizers), as well as matrix, pyramid and Ponzi schemes, "get rich quick" schemes, or other similar ventures. The complete Acceptable Use Policy addressing MLM, Pyramid and Matrix Programs can be found at the following URL: http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/use/index_frame-outs ide&ed=rich_quick "

Coincidentally, StormPay has also made changes. They have stopped their payment processing program, and are only offering processing via their auctions program. But there's good news. I had a feeling that something like this might happen, so I prepared myself. I had found an MLM friendly processor, which also takes payments from almost every country. They have an excellent affiliate program as well. I recommend that everyone prepare themselves, if you haven't already, and setup an account at www-SafePaySolutions.com. Joining is simple. After you setup your account, you're going to want to create a buy now button. Click on "Merchant Tools". Then click on "Purchase Wizard" and follow the instructions. Once the html code is created, you'll want to copy it, go to your 1SS backoffice, click on "Manage Profile," paste it in the space named "Your Payment Code," and hit submit. You can always click on "View Order Page" to make certain that you did it right.

Please pass this on to all your downlines in order to avoid any interruption of the 1SS program, and our incredible momentum.

Here's to our continued success!

--
    Best regards,
    David Track

3. tmccutche

tmccutche New Member

That's Great! Whatever payment solution that will offer our customers a safe secure server to conduct business with is outstanding. PayPal is a criminal enterprise, that makes up their rules as they go along and should be shut down. I am waiting 4 more months to hopefully receive my frozen funds that PayPal seized, without my authorization. Maybe from the top down 1SS should discourage associates from using PayPal as an accepted payment solution. As I stated in a previous post I use http://www.free-merchant.com. I don't think they have an affiliate program, but I sure like the fact that I have control over my money, when a new member joins the 1SS team.

Best Regards,

Terry McCutcheon

[Link removed - Admin]

4. emptydew

emptydew New Member

Hey everyone, just reading what everyone's writing about paypal. You can myself tothe list. My account was frozen today! They gave me a list of 7 things to do to reslove it:

Why is my account access limited?
    Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

Jul. 1, 2006: We have observed activity in this account that is unusual or potentially high risk.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-179-..........)

Jul. 1, 2006: Recent account activity has made it necessary for us to collect additional verification information.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-179-.......)

This is what I'm supposed to do to resolve it!

Steps to Remove Limitations
    To Do Date Limited Required Response Status Action
    Jul. 1, 2006 Add and confirm a bank account Information Submitted
    Jul. 1, 2006 Confirm Location Information Submitted
    Jul. 1, 2006 Confirm your social security number Information Submitted
    Jul. 1, 2006 Provide Business Information Information Submitted
    Jul. 1, 2006 Provide Proof Of Shipping Waiting for your response
    Jul. 1, 2006 Fax documentation Waiting for your response
    Jul. 1, 2006 Set your Credit Check Address Information Submitted

They are crazy!
    Well I called to see what all this is about. All they said was there has been suspicious activity on my account. LoL, ya 1ss payments! Idiots..
    Well no more of them!
    I think I'm gonna check out www-SafePaySolutions.com like Driver suggests. BTW, Driver, thanks for the details on how to put that code up on the page. I never even knew that was in my profile.

5. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

PayPal is absolutely not recommended for Direct Selling. They are not a bank and they have screwed a lot of people in this industry.

Get a Merchant account. This is essential for sizeable transactions. For a $600 transaction like 1-step its not essential. But for the $4000 transactions I run it is absolutely the way to go.

6. gregriv69

gregriv69 New Member

I have paypal , but I donot use it for direct selling. It is a personal account not business account. Is there any horror story about personal account?

7. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

Just don't run a lot of money through it. If you are doing multi-level-marketing and they find out they can hold your money indefinitely, and they will.

Unilevel pay-plans are OKAY. PayPal is wanting to cover its own ass. Read their regs if you must.

8. alwayshere

alwayshere New Member

I intend to join soon, and have been surprised that
    1Step deals with Paypal. Horrorstories go back YEARS,
    and they continue today.

Someone Please get the 1Step management to exclude
    this option and warn their members off of Paypal!

see also:
    - http://www.paypalsucks.com
    - www.nopaypal.com (Exposing problems behind the
    PayPal payment system. Frozen accounts, scams, news
    reports, user experiences, fraud, theft and more.)
    - www.nopaypal.co.uk
    - www.nopaypal.eu & www.nopaypal.eu.tf, www.nopaypal.de
    - www.petitiononline.com/nopaypal/petition.html
    - http://www.powersellersunite.com/archive.php/o_f__f_14__web-payment-se rvices-wps.html

etcetera......., see google on "nopaypal"
    (47.700 entries)

AGAIN: Someone Please get 1Step management to
    exclude the Paypal option and warn their members off!

9. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

Paypal is real screwy. Not a good choice for the direct sales biz, IMO. Get a merchant account if you are going to do the biz for real... about $50.oo a month is what it should cost you, plus about 2.25% commissions for the provider on your sales.

Bank wires and cashiers checks are preffered. Expect to lose some sales though if you can't accept major credit cards.

10. clendon

clendon New Member

Alwayshere:

PayPal does not like MLM Programs - If you have any involvement in an MLM or HYIP program that tries to use PayPal you will at some time probably be closed. However if you are purchasing or selling a legitimate product such as the 1Step Marketing package you should have no trouble.

As others have mentioned, it is bets if you get a merchant account with them.

The Piedmont Group

11. 1stepcoach

1stepcoach New Member

I've been exclusively using Paypal for my 1 Step business since April, 2006 and haven't had any problems. I know a couple people who have had their accounts frozen (including my sponsor), but they were doing well over 10K monthly. If you're doing less than $5000 monthly
    you will probably be under their radar. It's really tough not to accept Paypal if you don't have your own merchant account. If you only accept payment methods that your prospects aren't familiar with, you're going to lose sales. Just about everyone has a Paypal account, I've never had a prospect request to make their purchase using a different method.

12. yasser

yasser New Member

clendon: PayPal does not like MLM Programs
    I agree with you

13. quatrostream

quatrostream New Member

So am I [​IMG]