Personal websites and a page where a prospect can buy direct.

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by luvtravel, Apr 11, 2007.

1. luvtravel New Member

Most of the sites that I visited of people in Coastal are splash page sites, our WCYS sites, or a replicated group site.

When placing a retail ad does anyone have an example of a personally designed, non-replicating, non- group website?

A commerce site?
    I would like to see what one would look like.

I will be placing a retail ad in a local magazine and would like for the customer to be able to go and buy the package.

Thank you
    Terri
  2. CoastalToday New Member

You can look at my retail site: BestIncentives.net. I designed it myself - for better or for worse, I suppose!

I have noticed that a website is considered necessary when selling B2B, but most don't order from it. They prefer personal interaction.
  3. hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Terri,
    I use CoastalVideoTours-dot-com for mine. You can see it if you go to familiesonvacation dot com which is the domain I use for my retail site. I don't know if the person that started Coastal Video Tours is still updating the site because he wanted to sell it a while back. Jeff might know because he knows the guy who created the site.
  4. luvtravel New Member

Thanks Harold, I will check it out.

Terri
  5. cashwealth Guest

Hi,

Can I ask you that who's "Coastal Travel & Promotions, LLC"? If that our co, do you have a permission to use they name like that??
    Thx,

cw
  6. CoastalToday New Member

Coastal Travel & Promotions, LLC is my business name. I don't need permission to use it, it was not registered under any other entity when I applied for it - therefore the rights to it are mine. No one else will be able to use it as their registered name now, because I have claimed it.

If I recall correctly from the literature that I received when I first joined Coastal, the name "Coastal Vacations" is trademarked (or copyrighted, I'm not sure which) as is "Coast Club Vacations". Those two names are registered by the business entity Coastal Vacations and cannot be used by anyone else, which Coastal makes clear to its members.

All other names that haven't been registered are fair game.
  7. luvtravel New Member

Anyone else that has a retail website?

Love to see it.

Terri
  8. roger New Member

Hey Terri,
    I have a retail site but it's a replicated one so I don't think that's what you're looking for, nonetheless here it is:

whereshouldwegonext.com

Roger
  9. luvtravel New Member

Thanks Roger my friend, but you're right I don't want a replicated one, I think I will need to have one designed.

BTW .....What a great looking couple.

Terri
  10. roger New Member

Thanks, I'm a lucky guy.

[IMG]

Roger
  11. cashwealth Guest

Hi,

the way I understand nobody in ID can use the same name. I can use it in ME or any other state??

cw
  12. CoastalToday New Member

When you register a business name with the state, they will do a search to verify that no one else is using it. I believe this extends to the entire US, but to be honest, I'm not certain.
  13. beckie1229 New Member

Terri, Donya has a site made at Homestead and I do believe people can purchase at that site. It's D and L travel.com. They offer Coastal, WV and another, I think. I like their site and Homestead has great customer service.
  14. ibizniz New Member

Hello Terri

you can also get a website made for you with all your specs

rentacoder is a great resource

or try alpssoftware who have made the sites for Jeff.

But make sure that you request a secured payment site.

Cashwealth:

As far as registering a business name it is usually only unique to the county in which you are registering the name.

I know when I registered mine, they did a search only in the county database.

Hope this helps
    Maria Porter
  15. CoastalToday New Member

Maria,

They did a statewide search for mine in Idaho (I checked after Cashwealth asked) so it must vary according to the area in which you live.
  16. ibizniz New Member

Oh...

interesting. I think after a while it would be very difficult to get a unique name.

thanks
    maria
  17. CoastalToday New Member

Yes, I'm sure you're right, LOL!
  18. cashwealth Guest

Coastaltoday,

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to use your name!! It's very clever and good luck to you with it!!
    I think retailing and using as business insentive our packages is getting more widely used.

cw
  19. dholy New Member

Roger,

I'm trying to reach you. What is your website now? Contact info?

I need help. Never even used my Costal vacations pagkage.

Debbie
  20. closerjim New Member

Hello Debbie,

I looked at the link he gave and his site is gone.

What sort of help are you looking for?