phone calls to leads?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by LifeofEgypt, Oct 15, 2006.

1. LifeofEgypt

LifeofEgypt New Member

How important is it to make a phone call to your leads? Is there any evidence that making a phone call will increase your chances to secure the signup?
  2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Depends on the country where you stay. In India, people prefer to make payment only after speaking on phone or meeting personally
  3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I think it also depends on your sales ability and your relationship with the client. If you can convert those phone calls into sales, than you will make money...but you can also make people really angry by calling them on the phone and tryng to sell them something.
  4. pcwork

pcwork New Member

If you are selling something, when you send an email, you should always include your phone number. If they want any clarifications they can contact you.
  5. plusd

plusd New Member

A phone call can make the deal and that's a fact.
  6. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

A quick phone call is good. I make it pretty clear what I offer and how much it costs to get started in the business on my website. I just call them and ask if they have any questions and leave my number with them.

I prefer to filter leads heavily. This way they know much more about me when we speak, so there is some trust and credibility I think. When cold-calling leads, that can be a problem...

The model of calling leads and pitching the business worked in the 1980s and 90s but I feel its getting tired now. A lot of phone work can be a real drag, and its a burnout field... so use the technology available to make sure your leads are on the same page with you... before you speak with them.

Thats my preference anyway. The conversation is either brief or involved. Its only involved if they are really interested. I answer their questions and let them submit a real callback request if they want.

I have gotten to the point where people call me from my website. It takes a fair amount of careful planning to set it up this way though.
  7. roger

roger New Member

I believe a phone call is a life line to your business, particularly if you are in direct sales, mlm or network marketing.

By nature people want that human touch to feel and hear if you are the real deal, and you can pick up that vibe over the phone.
    It's a disservice not to speak to the person, that's the only way one can find out how to help that individual, answer their questions and guide them if that's what they seek.

You don't get that from just emailing!

[​IMG]

Roger