Photography for Businesses

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Drew, May 17, 2007.

1. Drew New Member

I had a thought today to utilise my digital camera.

I have seen many ideas of how and what to take photos of to bring you in money. i.e. Take photos of peoples items and sell them on ebay for them.

But as I am not a photographer by trade, I do enjoy taking photos of practically anything, from people, to animals, to landscapes.

I wondered if I could take photos to upload to a website, advertise the site on adsense (if that's how it works) and sell the photos to businesses who may want photos for their own personal advertising.

Or perhaps get people to sign up to the site for a small fee and give them access to a broad range of high quality picture.

What do you think?
  2. getagrip Gold Member

You can submit your photos to places like istockphoto.com and bigstockphoto.com and they can sell them for you - it doesn't work exactly like that, but it can be a great way to generate extra income.
  3. pcwork New Member

You can also consider shutterstock and fotolia
  4. Homeboy New Member

Oh yeah, that's a great idea, but starting your own website is a lot of work. I would probably submit the photos to already existing websites that do the same thing. They'll charge you a bit of commission, but at least you won't have to worry about doing too much web work and can just focus on doing what you love - taking pictures! [IMG]
  5. eurika New Member

What type of digital camera do you have Drew?
  6. pcwork New Member

Most of the stock photo websites only accept high resolution images
  7. Shanec New Member

From my experience, the stock photo gig is a good way to make some extra spending cash but don't expect to retire on it. You would be suprised at the amount of money that can be made if you know what kind of photos sell well on the sites that draw the most traffic. Most people could make some extra spending cash with pictures already on your computer/camera[IMG]