Plagiarism vs. allowed content references?

Discussion in 'Accounting and Legal Advice' started by kalien, Oct 29, 2007.

1. kalien

kalien New Member

I'm in a bit of a quandary here - I'm about to embark on the creation of an informative site that will revolve around a topic that I am passionate about. However, I am not an 'accredited" expert in the field, and alot of my "advice" will be stemming from a group of publications put out by the same author. And ironically enough, this author has an affiliate program to market a "course" that provides weekly mentoring on what I have already absorbed and have applied to my daily life just from reading her books.

Makes a perfect pair, right?!? Monetize my site with affiliate links? But, as I am outlining my copy for the site, I am having great difficulties avoiding using the name of her "system" in my informative pages.

I have already tried to contact the author and/or her corporate "Yes" people through the weekly newsletter I receive from them, but thus far I have had no response.

The last thing I want to do is have a site shut down before it even gets off the ground, so where should I be looking to find out what is and is not considered copyright infringement? Maybe that's not even the correct phrase. I have no plans of using any text from her books verbatim, but unfortunately, many phrases and nomers that I now utilize on a daily basis even when just thinking about this subject may be ones that she can claim as her own.

I'm trying to get her blessing & approval, but if I can't, I don't want my site to be full of alot of "^&$*^$*", making it look cheesy and a thinly-veiled ripoff.

Any suggestions on how to approach this impasse?
  2. mlight5378

mlight5378 New Member

have u started designing the site yet? is there anything concrete that i can feast my eyes upon and give u some feed back???????