Please help!!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by lisamarie2683, May 16, 2011.

1. lisamarie2683 New Member

Hello! I was wondering if there were any work from home sites that are MAC compatible, or are they all PC only...

The sites I've come across that were real sites to work from home were all only for PC's. I have been trying to get a job for the past 6 months and have had zero luck. I would love to work from home but only have a MAC laptop and am starting to think that there's no hope for me getting a job working from home.

Does anyone know of any MAC compatible sites for working from home?

Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration.

Lisa
  2. talfighel Silver Member

lisamarie2683: I have been trying to get a job for the past 6 months and have had zero luck.
    I don't think that you will be able to find a good job online. Even if you do, just know that you should never pay for a job.

Why don't you look into making money with a business opportunity. There are many of them out there.

The best way is with affiliate programs.
  3. simpleflair New Member

What type of work are you trying to look for that's ONLY Mac compatible? I have a mac and I do everything on mac.
  4. markdudek New Member

Hi Lisa,

I agree with simpleflair in that I don't believe there's much you can do on a PC that you can't do on a Mac. However, If you find yourself in the situation where you absolutely have to run something on a Windows PC then so long as it's a fairly recent Mac with an Intel processor, you can install Windows to dual-boot (either/or) or run alongside Mac OS in a window. (There's something quite nice about a Mac being able to run Windows in a window!)
    However, you'd need a full (non-upgrade) Windows licence which would be expensive, and depending how computer-savvy you are, you might need someone to configure it for you.

Hope this helps!
    Mark.
  5. lisamarie2683 New Member

@simpleflair I do everything on my MAC too but there's some work from home job sites that I came across and every one of them said you needed to use a PC to do it. So I was just wondering if there were other sites like that but without the PC only part. I've been looking for some blogging jobs online and there's a few that seem legitimate so I applied but then I saw some that wanted you to pay for your membership (which I obviously ignored because that's clearly a BS site).

@markdudek wow I didn't kno you could install Windows in MAC!! That's insane!! MAC really is the greatest computer ever! I bet it's expensive too. Thanks for your help!

@talfighel I will look into that!! Thanks for your help and advice too!
  6. ThePhoenix New Member

Finding good work online is definitely hard, but if you have any applicable skills, you can go to DigitalPoint forums and advertise your services there. I used to write articles and do paid forum posting back in the day, and there is always a huge market for that!