Plnrc Overture Inventory US Tool showing January?

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by mouser, May 12, 2007.

1. mouser

mouser New Member

Does anybody have a clue as to why the Overture Inventory US Tool in the Plnrc is showing January 2007 results?

I could have sworn that said March not long ago. It should have moved ahead to April not back to January. I'm not comfortable using January data.
  2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

I read that it may not be available in the future
  3. mouser

mouser New Member

Well, this is what I was asking in one of the other threads but it was determined that it was the Overture Bid tool that went inactive. Mike just responded to my e-mail. He thinks it is a glitch in their system. The data can still be used as it only adjusts over the long term for seasonal purposes.
  4. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

This tool doesn't even show up for me in the PLRNC
  5. mouser

mouser New Member

Overture Bids US tool discontinued.
    Overture Inventory US is fine although they are showing January 07 results.
  6. cambrianne

cambrianne New Member

Whats the difference between Overture Bids and Overture Inventory anyway?
  7. mouser

mouser New Member

I think the Overture Bids may have had something to do with working with an Adwords campaign. I think Mike said the same info could be found with the Google Keyword tool (I think).

Overture Inventory U.S. tool is one of the tools used for finding the number of searches and aids in identifying a potential niche, along with the Google Keyword tool.

Others (makingmoneyonline?) may be able to verify and explain better. I'm such a newbie!
  8. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

9. nickv_uk

nickv_uk New Member

Hi
    Yahoo took over the Overture tool. Although they say they will continue to support it until they bring out a replacement, they probably wont want to make great efforts to keep the data upto date.

You can try this as an alternative

http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/

It gives results which supposedly are for the last 90 days.

Nick
  10. OnlineMoney24 7

OnlineMoney24 7 New Member

From what I know the Overture bid tool was discontinued because it showed the bid amount for a keyword. So you could look up any keyword and see what the current bid on Google was.

The Overture inventory tool is where you can check the search volume for a keyword.
  11. nickv_uk

nickv_uk New Member

Hi,

Quoting: OnlineMoney24 7From what I know the Overture bid tool was discontinued because it showed the bid amount for a keyword. So you could look up any keyword and see what the current bid on Google was.

The Google Adwords tool at
    https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

does something similar.

Although the defualt setting is 'Search Volume', there is a drop down list 'Choose data to display' which allows you to specify 'Cost & Ad Position Estimates'.

You have to specify a max amount to pay per click. For each keyword generated the results give you an average cost per click and indicate the estimated position of of any ad based on that key word.

If you play around with the different data display options you can work out what keywords you need to use to and much it could cost you to do so.