Posting advice please

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Roy56, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Roy56

Roy56 New Member

Hello....don't want to break any rules here so need some advice as to what can a can't do.
    I have a genuine business opportunity to share, it's not been mentioned on this forum before...according to the search I did...so want to know if allowed to promote it and if so where and are there any limitations so it doesn't get classed as spam?
    As I said, it's genuine, different to the norm, an e-commerce opportunity that doesn't require recruiting hundreds to profit.

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice
    payment proof likes this.
  2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Hi Roy56,

Blatant self-serving promotions are not encouraged in the forum. However, you may use the signature feature to bring attention to your opportunity. It appears in the form of a link at the bottom of your posts.

Here's how:

1. Log in to your account.​
    2. Click (or hover) on your member name in the menu (top/right).​
    3. Select "Signature".​
    4. Type your URL or text link in the box, highlight it, and then click the "Insert/edit link" icon (chain link).​
    5. Enter your link URL in the pop up box and then click the "Insert" button.​
    6. Click "Save".​

That's it! Hope that was useful.

Hermas
    tkyles1009, payment proof and Roy56 like this.
  3. Roy56

Roy56 New Member

Thanks Hermas....much appreciated.
  4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome Roy - and if I may add... don't be so concerned about making sure everyone knows about YOUR business, but rather lend a helping hand and valuable answers to the community. Self promoting never worked very well. :)
    payment proof likes this.
  5. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I agree mountainmom5.

Roy: Just find ways to contribue to the forum. Reply to questions if you know the answer. Help other members. And in time, people will notice your signature.
  6. Roy56

Roy56 New Member

Thanks guys for the advice and your time.
  7. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

You can add your signature but if you do decide to spam the forum, people will sense it and will not click on your link.

If you give a lot of value, you will see how many people will be eager to view your biz or website.

Give and it will be given back to you.
  8. tkyles1009

tkyles1009 Member

Couldn't have said it better myself. If you're really helpful people will inadvertently be drawn into seeing what else you have to offer:D