Pre-moderation plugin installed

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Vishal P. Rao, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

I just installed a pre-moderation plugin on this forum. What it'll do is put on hold messages posted by new members only, as 99.9% spam is posted by new users. Old users and those members who have been approved once will not be affected by this plugin. Yes, interactivity will be hampered to some degree but I think that is the price to pay for controlling spam. Your suggestions are welcome.

2. Hey Vishal,

The is a much needed addition since every day I see more and more spam posts.

I hope this works so that members with a need for information can find it.

And I hope it makes your job easier.

Joe

3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I think this is a great idea. I am a newer member and my posts went through this pre-moderation plugin right after I joined.

It's a great way to fight blatant spam, and also, if a new member makes a posting format error (in other words, breaks a rule accidentally), the admin can catch it and talk to that member before the post hits the public board.

Luckily, I didn't break any rules, lol.

And I am surprised more forums are not using this pre moderation feature for newbies.

4. 10YearsPlusWAHM

10YearsPlusWAHM New Member

How long are you considered a new member?

10+WAHM

5. samda

samda Member

A good idea. Normally it is very difficult to control spamming post especially in a WAH forum. But Vishal is pro in controlling this. Now by his actions he proves it again.

Scamers, now run out of WAHF.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Bill Rogers

Bill Rogers New Member

Yeah, right now I know I'm having this happen to me, but I've been a part of many internet forums, and if you don't really crack down on spam things tend to really get out of control.

7. shevyresab

shevyresab New Member

Well i'm a newbie guys and just in here to try to help/discuss certain situations people will find themselves in.

Nice to speak to you all

Paul

8. topstring

topstring New Member

New to forums. Need all the help I can get.

9. samda

samda Member

Guys, well said. Lets stop on here [​IMG]

This is a 2 year old post and let us not bump it.

Thanks Vishal for having this pre-moderation.

Topic Closed [​IMG]