Process At Home?? Ever hear of??

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by tucker1003, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Marktech

Marktech Member

Same deal with so many work at home programs - There's ALWAYS marketing involved that they don't mention on the sales pages. There oghta be a law!
  2. DRailroad

DRailroad New Member

A belated response to this topic but it's never too late when it comes to "suspect opportunities."

Always check the "Disclaimers" link located at the bottom of most sites. If a web based company, such as "http://www.processathome.com," is offering an "opportunity" for a subscription fee, disclaimers ARE a REQUIREMENT, not an option.

These disclaimers are typically VERY lengthy and can be very daunting to those desperate for income options. Most folks seeking home based business opportunities, quite honestly, do not have the patience of time to read completely through (or even partially, for that matter!) these lengthy disclaimers, but what would you rather be faced with - paying out money for a program that you quite possibly may not get a refund on, after dedicating hours and energy attempting to make the program work (and then AGAIN investing hours attempting to get your original investment refunded) or take 20-30 SHORT minutes to read through a disclaimer?

Using www.processathome.com as an example, if you even just SCAN through the Disclaimer (accessed through a link at the bottom of the page), you will find that this company 1) has confusing, possibly contradictory, refund terminology and 2) it is actually located in Nicosia, Cyprus. That's the COUNTRY of Cyprus. Nothing wrong with that. I think that's very cool - working in a country with so much ancient cultural history. What I find perplexing, is that the woman offering the opportunity, "Angela," will have you believe that you are doing business with someone in New York (USA)!!? This would, or should, prompt everyone to read more of the disclaimer.

Again, although we all should still perform due diligence in researching ANY business opportunity, no matter HOW legitimate the offerer may make the opportunity sound, the Disclaimer by itself can be a wealth of knowledge in making an initial determination of legitimacy. Remember, the money MAY end up losing on any failed venture can be recovered - your TIME and invaluable energy CANNOT. Remember, when seeking a business opportunity, that your TIME, personality and efforts are your most valuable and precious commodities, OVER AND ABOVE ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY!

Best wishes on your endeavors!
  3. lostnhisblueyes

lostnhisblueyes New Member

angryinnewyork: I was just scammed by Angela Penbrook yesterday

who is angela penbrook?

i also called my credit card company asked them to dispute and close my account. i would recomend that anyone else do this. this is the quickest and safest way to get it taken care of.

i cant beleive how stupid i was...she was so convincing tho..
  4. FedIntRev

FedIntRev New Member

That pop up that you saw is a "Save a Sale". Its not even the process at home company. It is an outside company which jumps in to try and make the sale when a person is leaving the page. They are paid a percentage of the sale if you buy.
  5. tinaisadork

tinaisadork New Member

so i was seriously thinking about giving these people money to sign up for this but i decided to do a little research because i didnt want to get scammed out of my money and i have probally found 20 sites saying this is a scam so thank you to all those sites and fefinetly DONT give this process at home company your money im now sure that it is a scam. does anyone know where i can find a work at home company that actually works where you dont have to do a bunch of bullshit to make some extra money
  6. emmagirl

emmagirl New Member

The reason I came to this site was that I was 'offered' the Rebate Processing program. Then I happened to notice that there were several folks offering this 'opportunity'. It sounds great, on the outside. But I was skepictical, and thought...if it sounds too good to be be true...it isn't. TY DR for pointing out the disclaimers. It astounds me that these folks prey on those that are looking for a home based business.

LOL, I stand by my signature[​IMG]
  7. Clueless

Clueless New Member

That process refunds at home is a scam and so is angela stevens..
    I too did a research on her and that company via the bbb and they have a major bad rap so please beware,,
  8. kehk05

kehk05 New Member

Would this program be similar to Megatpying.com? They have a special of $27 and i'm at that point where I think I should try something even with a small fee to see if it actually works because people will say this and that about all kinds of programs, yet you won't know for sure till you try, right? Sometimes I wish that somebody could just TELL me which program(s) work for sure and are worth investing and which ones are really scams.

Any thoughts on Megatyping.com? scam or no scam?

Mahalo for your thoughts... kehk05
  9. ownyourlife

ownyourlife New Member

emmagirl: The reason I came to this site was that I was 'offered' the Rebate Processing program. Then I happened to notice that there were several folks offering this 'opportunity'. It sounds great, on the outside. But I was skepictical, and thought...if it sounds too good to be be true...it isn't. TY DR for pointing out the disclaimers. It astounds me that these folks prey on those that are looking for a home based business.

LOL, I stand by my signature

Great post! Like your signature. You simply need to choose a business that has a product that most people want and can use. A rebate processing program doesn't sound good to me. Although I'm sure others have had success with it. Just do your research. I did.
  10. heistheanswer

heistheanswer New Member

I personally haven't found any type at home or process rebates from home that work yet. Do a search for Data Processors.org They offer a free way and pay you $2 a survey and $10 a survey if you join their premier club. It's only $25 for lifetime mebership. My wife does it and so far she has close to $300 in her account. Now, weather or not we ever see that money is a different story. They don't pay until after your 60th day. It's worth a shot though for a couple hundred extra buck, right?
    Jason
  11. hikari namida

hikari namida New Member

My husband and I tried this program about a month ago. It sounded good in the beginning, but then they were asking us for $5,000-$8,000 to set up a website for us. When we expressed a lot of concern over such a substantial ammount, the representative became very rude, practically calling us idiots, and saying that we had more than one credit card so the ammount shouldn't matter! We quickly cancelled the program after that. Two days later I called requesting a refund, the operator that I spoke to said that I would receive my money within 5-7 business days. Sure enough, a week later the money was posted to my account. However, I have read on other forums that many people were not able to get their money back. Also, the supposed rebate processing can be found on google for free, the website we were directed to was paydotcom.com. All it is, is an affiliate group and much more trouble than it's worth. If you haven't pruchased it yet, please do not, as you may not be able to get your money back.
  12. fatmantaray

fatmantaray New Member

Hi All (Hikari Namida),
    I was scammed yesterday too ... $197.... I was soo foolish !! Could anyone of you tell me how could i actually called requesting for a refund ?
    Any number that I could dial ? I mean international calling number to dial ? since i am from Malaysia and not from US. Please please... anyone able to help me out ??? Thanks a lot.
    I can be contacted by [email protected]
    Thanks very much!!!!
    Please help me [​IMG]
  13. v10power

v10power New Member

This scam is one of many put out over the years by the same man. This disgrace of a human being is Tom Bell. He is a known scammer and spammer:

http://spamnation.info/go/domain/offerlab.com

His latest scam is this processathome.com thing.

Here's a few of his previous scams...
    Name Domain Count
    Offerlab LLC offerlab.com 0
    E Z Data Entry Careers ezdataentrycareers.com 0
    Make Cash by Typing! makecashbytyping.com 0
    Net Marketing Wizards netmarketingwizards.com 0
    OfferLab LLC offerlab.us 0
    OfferLab LLC offerlabmail.com 0
    OfferLab LLC offerlabsupport.com 0
    Simple Data Entry Jobs simpledataentryjobs.com 1
    Today I Learn todayilearn.com 0
    Type Yourself Rich typeyourselfrich.net 0
    Typing For Dollars! typing4dollars.com 2
    Typing for Dollars! typing4dollars.net 2
    Zoolearn zoolearn.com 0

He got his start by selling government grant books on the internet in the early 2000's.

The first time I met Tom Bell was at an event he spoke at a long time ago. He was selling a high priced coaching program to market products online using CPA networks, which essentially are advertising networks that he uses to send massive email to his scams.

At the time, I didn't know any better and I signed up for his program and was very disappointed when I basically signed up for a few group phone calls for several thousand dollars. The one on one coaching was never delivered and the calls ended abruptly midstream for reasons that still aren't clear to me. His customer support is non-existent and my numerous emails went unanswered.
  14. StephMS1988

StephMS1988 New Member

STAY AWAY FROM THAT SITE!!!!!!! It is a faud!! My husband and I signed on for it. . We went on the Better Business Bureau's website to check its crediability, it has the lowest posible rating that the bbb can give. We requested a refund from the site all we've gotten is a bunch of bad promises and fake numbers that when you call them a second time the number is disconnected. We been trying to get our money back for that past two months so WARNING TO ALLL WHO READ THIS STAY AWAY FROM THAT FAKE SITE THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!!
  15. believeinKarma

believeinKarma New Member

I would like to thank you all for listing your experiences and opinions regarding Process At Home; I was just about to buy into it. Best of luck to you all and for those of you that did buy into it, I wish you the best ib getting a refund.
  16. bizreviewer

bizreviewer New Member

It's a scam. Do NOT invest into this program. I bought it and reviewed it for the sole purpose of reviewing. You can see the reports about online money making home business scams by searching those keywords out pretty easily on google or other search engines. Something I HIGHLY suggest to ANYONE that has considered buying a home based money making scam they believe to be legit. The processathome website falsely advertises how you can process rebates from home. First the website ad claims that...

"Companies Are Desperate For People Like You To Independently Process These Rebates From Home!"...,
    and follows up with the claim that...,

"This is the only certified program in the world for rebate processing, and over 1,000 people world-wide have been certified through this program, now making the money of their dreams by processing rebates from home"...
    "This program has been raved about by many in the work at home industry, and has recently been rated the #1 work at home program in America"...

and pay attention to this wild claim picked right from the website ad

..."First, you receive access to a comprehensive database of 11,000+ companies you can process rebates for! That's a lot of companies to choose from, which is great because you can never run out of rebates to process...and...you're sure to find a position you'll be very happy in!

Plus, I help you select the best company for you to process rebates for, so don't worry about being overwhelmed by the many choices! There are a lot to choose from and I help ensure you pick the best one(s) for you.

To do so, you'll get a master list of the companies that offer the highest pay for processing rebates. You'll also get constant real time updates of the companies offering the highest pay per rebate processed, so you can always be sure of making maximum money in minimum time!

And by enrolling in my certification program... you are GUARANTEED an immediate position as a rebate processor. You can even have multiple placements with different companies if you choose."...

Sounds Exciting doesn't it!?!!
    It's a rip off. You are not given any of the promises that are advertised such as a rebate processor's job by some company. You are in fact rather given instructions to set up your clickbank and paydotcom accounts, choose digital ebooks etc to sell for a commission and then offer a rebate for these products to increase your sells from the ads YOU yourself have to spend money trying to get sells from. Affiliate marketing is a very tough industry to be successful in and the majority of those that get involved end up losing more money then they generate in selling products they pay to advertise for.

Remember the 100% money back guarantee this website offers? We tested it out. It required almost a week of 6 emails requesting a refund which were responded to with refusals to do so but instead offering assistance and help in the form of links to freeclassifiedads type websites where you can get started advertising the garbage you were prompted to sell. The product promised a weekly course you are to follow. Week 2 all we were left reviewing was the start up package and beat-around-the-bush email responses that asked for help.

Here's what you are promised and what you get in reality

Guaranteed immediate placement as a rebate processor (Value: Priceless)... Reality: Information on how to get started with paydotcom and clickbank which everyone already knows how to do. THIS is your rebate processor position! You have just placed YOURSELF into the position to advertise products for a commission and then offer a rebate... worthless

Lifetime access to the Home Rebate Processor Members Area with dozens of resources, and more added all the time (Value: $997)...Reality: more useful information about other area's you can place ads at such as google adwords, yahoo, classified ads, banners email spam campaigns etc etc etc. Heres a hint: google search free ads.. there I saved you $997 dollars

The website also uses those high pressure sells tactics such as "hurry folks, positions are filling fast!" and "sorry this may be the last day" ...these are auto refreshed daily and are no more then a cheap advertising tactic that marketers use for click through to pressure a sell. Reality: You have PLENTY of time to throw your money away!!! They are more then happy to take your $197 dollars at any time you wish!
  17. NJKoala

NJKoala New Member

Ok people I too have thought about taking the bait but didn't. [​IMG] I was told by my tax guy that most people also don't know that when you work from home even if it's on the internet that when you do get paid that the taxes are not taken out.(If it's a legit company and they allow you to work from home then they usually take out the taxes before they pay you.) You have to keep track of the your wages and taxes. You also have to fill out special tax papers for working at home. You also should open a seperate account to put your taxes in it so that when tax time comes around you will have the money to pay when it's time. He said it's really a pain in the neck. I think that the rebate process is so attractive is because you can do it from home and you don't have to type 40 -100 words a minute to do the job and it can be done at your own pace. It's usually a great opporunity for the disabled, senior citizens, and stay at home moms or dads. If there are real honest jobs like this on the internet then it's ashame because there are so many bad companies out there making it bad for the good ones and they are hard to find. If someone find a true real one let me know. I was in two automobile accidents in 8 months and finding work I can do is very hard with my injuries.
  18. crossland

crossland New Member

I tried to close the window so I could research the website and see what other people had to say. A chat window appeared and the person on the other end kept insisting I try the program - even offered a $150 consultation for free if I would sign up NOW!!

I have been burned before and for each question I asked, she replied with stock answers. BEWARE!!!
  19. tnmi3

tnmi3 New Member

I thought it sounded like a great idea, I tried it for a few days and the system was not user friendly and it took alot longer than they said to process 1 file. I had the support team help me but they were not patient and I explained that I only wanted to work a couple of hours a day and that the way the system was that was not possible so I wanted a refund. It took me 29 days to get them to give me a confirmation # because they just kept telling me it will make you alot of money. Finally I had my attorney call them and inform them they were being reported for internet fraud and theft and then they cancelled my account. They said it will take 5 business days so he told them that on the 6th day if it is not credited to my account he will go ahead and file the papers. WARNING STAY CLEAR AND MAKE SURE YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE THE MONEY.
  20. successful2008

successful2008 New Member

Processing and data entry is something that you can do, but be careful on what company you do that for. I, personally don't know anyone who's made a great living doing that. If you're looking for something to give you a little cash, sure, do something like that. I didn't want a little extra cash, I wanted a huge financial future. The home based business I started is giving me that. Ask yurself, do you want something that will just get you by, or do you want to be financially free?

To your massive success,
    Michelle