Product or compenstation plan, whats more important to you?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by amberjones1986, Jul 14, 2011.

1. fsloan

fsloan New Member

FreeCashMan

shhhh.....

You are not supposed to publicly say that the compensation plan is more important to you than the product. [​IMG]

Shhh... [​IMG]
  2. amberjones1986

amberjones1986 New Member

I guess what I meant was "motivation". If money motivates you (which again, I know leaders look at complan first) then go after comp plan.

If product plus comp plan motivates ya, go for it. Shoot just do what it takes to not quit.

You know what I think is HALARIOUS right now... now Im getting emails from the "heavy hitters" about a weight/ health challenge...(not going to mention any names) but its funny how suddenly leaders that aren't overweight are joing this challenge left and right.

The first thing I thought was, "Man, that company must have a powerful comp plan." I know Im not into that prodcut line, so I didnt even look at it.
  3. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

After some reflection I have to confess....
    In my 1st conversation with the CEO of RTPR I asked him...
    "What's in it for me if my brother refers hundreds of doctors?"
    His answer is what motivated me to join the business.
    Before that I was just free advertising for the product.
    Yet it would have never happened without a product.
    Both excited me enough to be motivated to succeed.

So, it comes down to the comp plan even for me.
    Who doesn't like FREE CASH, MAN?
    FREE being the key word there.
    Don't BUY HYPE or "plans".
  4. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

talfighel: The people who join just because they loved the comp plan and were eager to make a ton of money are the ones that made it big.

The ones that got it for the product will probably do a little or a whole lot worse then the person who loves the comp plan.

There is a lot of people who just love the product and don't focus on building their own teams.
    Tal gets my vote as the winning answer, certainly true on my team.
    Some of the other answers may help me solve that.
  5. selfpaid

selfpaid New Member

For me its the product. I joined up with Team BB and now that I've been in it awhile and learned more about it, I don't really care for the compensation plan.

However, I LOVE the products. P90X and Insanity almost sell themselves since everyone has seen it somewhere. Plus, I'm a walking ad board since I use the videos to get ready for my cruise in October [​IMG]

But honestly, there's one MLM out there whose compensation plan seems awesome! Its like $1000 a person you bring into your team. If I were a master recruiter, I would be all over that opportunity.
  6. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

You don't have to be a master recruiter to earn $1000s commissions or to promote and prosper in a 'big ticket' biz. You just need to steadily market effectively like any other biz. When you hear the stories of successful 'big ticket' promoters they are very often nothing special. They just did the work that need to be done and got natural end result of consistent proper action.

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious...
    ...it is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals."
  7. ibuzzmentor

ibuzzmentor Member

I prefer plan over product and big ticket over MLM.
    In my 8 years experience making great money my partners and I realize having solutions to peoples problems in place is what allows us to earn big. My partners have over 30 years combined experience in this industry. We leverage out our lead generation and our closing. Yes it cost money to create leads and yes it cost money for others to make the sales for us, but there is plenty of profit to be made that way and so little time is spent dialing for dollars which causes most people to bang their heads against the wall.

Chris
  8. Interesting,

The age old question. From my experience, products sell, hype of compensation tells, and sadly, most people will never achieve the hyped up incomes most claim, so without a great product at a reasonable cost, you will not see long term sustained growth, period.

Success to all,